The Smiths songs featured in the Netflix David Fincher film The Killer in order of appearance

Can't argue with the tracklisting really, all greats. And does anybody know by the way, when will the Shoplifters film be available in the uk? Available in the US but iv'e never been able to find any UK release

8C70A934-53A5-4E8E-987C-9454AF645CD2.jpeg

Can't argue with the tracklisting really, all greats. And does anybody know by the way, when will the Shoplifters film be available in the uk? Available in the US but iv'e never been able to find any UK release
Do you want a physical copy of the film? Because if you just want to see the film, I can share the file if you want, just let me know

Do you want a physical copy of the film? Because if you just want to see the film, I can share the file if you want, just let me know
Thanks very much for the offer Gaetano, i saw it on Sky a couple of years back but im after a physical copy region 2 👍

What's 'I Know It's Over - Extended Mix'? Is this somehow different from the version on 'Rank'? It seems to have the same running time - so what's extended about it? :unsure:

What's 'I Know It's Over - Extended Mix'? Is this somehow different from the version on 'Rank'? It seems to have the same running time - so what's extended about it? :unsure:
The Rank/Kilburn version is 7:46 and the studio version is 5:48 - I think that difference is being alluded to. I'm not sure how Spotify naming conventions work, but that may be the culprit too.
Regards,
FWD.

You will hear fragments of Well I Wonder and HSIN in full stereo from the protag's POV, the other tracks are just a few seconds each, usually a line that sometimes refers to something happening or something that just happened, but these are just background noise, on the radio or like hearing someone else listening to music through their earbuds. There Is A Light is the end credits theme.

The movie itself is a pitch black, extraordinarily dry, (even for Fincher) black comedy. Not much action at all. You never develop any kind of emotional connection to the protag, and I think that's the point.
Mid-tier Fincher, better than Panic Room, probably the same level as The Game.
Do yourself a favor an watch The Limey if you haven't, this copped a bit from that.

Saw it and enjoyed it, Well I Wonder gets a good go at the start. And There is a Light at the end. Other songs are 2 second snippets.

David Fincher on filmmaking and his twisted new comedy, The Killer.

"To prove the catchiness of “Unhappy Birthday” by The Smiths, David Fincher sings to me the opening refrain with a huge grin. For our conversation, the 61-year-old director of feel-bad fare like Se7en, Zodiac, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is in surprisingly good spirits. Or bad spirits, given the miserabilist nature of The Smiths."

At the end of the film, the credits for The Smiths songs states, "Written by Steven Morrissey and Johnny Marr".

This film is what Hitman Agent 47 should have been. I thought it was a good film but honestly could have done without the Smiths music. I dont want Smiths fans to be associated with some sociopathic killer for hire... also felt like Morrissey's solo material would have worked better in some aspects lol

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom