Accents

I actually like my Edinburgh accent:).

ooo I love Scottish accents, I love the way you lot say 'pal' :)
(probably no in Scotland says that, but oh well :p)

I have a bland western America "accent," if you can even call it one. I wish I had a fruity accent. :(

I want a fruity accent too, somethin' jazzy ;)

I'd have to find one first. I'm pretty sure I have a fancy cover with fancy woodcuts, but I've never taken it out of the cellophane.

Do it! :D Bible bashing? fun. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll record myself tonight. What should I read? Hmmm...
Boring text, but this is what they use on the Speech Accent Archive, I guess it uses all the possible vowel sounds:
Please call Stella. Ask her to bring these things with her from the store: Six spoons of fresh snow peas, five thick slabs of blue cheese, and maybe a snack for her brother Bob. We also need a small plastic snake and a big toy frog for the kids. She can scoop these things into three red bags, and we will go meet her Wednesday at the train station.
EDIT: Oh, the Moz lyrics idea is better!
oh you can see hear and see mine on the youtube clip I posted after I got the GH album. I hate my voice its too deep and croaky.
I've seen the clip, both voice and accent are lovely! :)

Thanks. :o In the name of the other non-native speakers too.

I heard an Irish guy on a meeting in the EP, and he pronounced third countries as turd countries. He cracked us up! :D :p

haha I know, "turd" for "third", that always amuses me ;)

Also, I love the way people in Dublin say 'shite', it really makes me smile :D

My will be avilable on the Quarry Boat Party for all to enjoy, it sounds a bit like Rodney, or Dave if you will.

My fav accent is scouse because it sounds like a someone is putting it on, if you know what I mean??

NRITH suggested readng "Maladjusted." He thinks it's Morrissey's best poem.

I like that idea, but the official passage linguists use, cited above, would be good. I think that one was developed because it contains all the phonemes in English.

haha I know, "turd" for "third", that always amuses me ;)

Yeah, me too, I'm easily amused.

I think the Finnish have the cutest accent when speaking English. They can't pronunce the sh sounds properly, it's very cute and funny and terribly difficult to understand.

Hungarian accent sounds awful, we can't pronounce the th sound properly and instead of thank you we either say sank you or fank you.:o (Not me. :cool:)

Which is it? I love London ones the best (yes I know there's several, I like all of them :)), but also any English ones, then Scottish (Glasgow in particular) then Irish. American accents are less interesting :p. Australians can either be cute or annoying. Really don't like South African ones. (Can you tell this is my favorite subject? :D)

haha you are an accent lover! :p You definitely won't love mine though, it's scouse *hides*, like how the Beatles talk I suppose :(

I love American accents, esp New York ones, Irish though makes me melt :)

I think South African ones are similar to Australian ones really, I know what you mean about Aussie ones either being cute or annoying though; the way the stress words and stuff, but I generally like them :)

I've been told that I don't really have an accent at all.

This would be fun. :)

Hungarian accent sounds awful, we can't pronounce the th sound properly and instead of thank you we either say sank you or fank you.:o (Not me. :cool:)
We have a lot of Hungarians in Israel, no offence but their accents sound hilarious in Hebrew too :D. I hate Israeli accents in English, we also have a problem with "th" and people either say "sank you" or "tank you" (not me! ;)). But I love Spanish and French accents in English, so cute!
haha you are an accent lover! :p You definitely won't love mine though, it's scouse *hides*, like how the Beatles talk I suppose :( I love American accents, esp New York ones, Irish though makes me melt
Oh, I like Scousers too! Gerrard's accent makes me melt.

I say pal. I just said it but you can't hear me

Aww *listens up* no nothing, booo! haha I can take off a Scottish accent I think, so I'll just repeat 'pal' to myself, but that's quite sad so maybe not! :p

My fav accent is scouse because it sounds like a someone is putting it on, if you know what I mean??

Surely not! that's how I talk :( I need to calm down I think :p
(Doing myself no favours now)

Yeah, me too, I'm easily amused.

I think the Finnish have the cutest accent when speaking English. They can't pronunce the sh sounds properly, it's very cute and funny and terribly difficult to understand.

Yeh I've heard the Finnish accent, It's quite funny I reckon ;)
I have to apologize 'cos I'm not too familiar with what a Hungarian accent sounds like :o But, you speak like the English Royal family though don't you?:p
People in England say 'fank' instead of 'thank' too and 'free' instead of 'three', which really annoys me, grrr lol

We have a lot of Hungarians in Israel, no offence but their accents sound hilarious in Hebrew too :D. I hate Israeli accents in English, we also have a problem with "th" and people either say "sank you" or "tank you" (not me! ;)). But I love Spanish and French accents in English, so cute!

Lol, I don't take it as an offense, no, Hungarians are not very good with languages. I guess my Hebrew accent is quite funny too. :o (I learnt Hebrew for a year.) Oh by the way, we're just having a Jewish festival in Budapest these days, it's great and a lot of people came from Israel to visit. :guitar:

Yes, Israelis say ze instead of the. :D Spanish and French accent is hilarious too, you're right. And so is Greek. :sweet:

My favourite is Scotch, swoonworthy on a girrrrl.
I like Eastern European, too. Polish etc.
An Eastern European sandwich-making girl in a deli bar once asked me "You want cheese"?, but it came out sounding like "You vant jizz"?....Dear God....

Don't much care for my own accent, though. I suppose we all love what sounds different from our own..

Back
Top Bottom