Accents

I don't think i have a Salford accent, alot of people round here think i'm rich/posh, due to that.

I never swear, either, so maybe that's why they think i'm rich lol

Last edited:
I also heard a lot of "soader-pawp"

In Pennsylvania? I never heard that (I grew up there, sadly), though there were plenty of other cringe-worthy regionalisms like "you-uns" meaning "all of you" and "acrost" for across.

I don't think i have a Salford accent, alot of people round here think i'm rich/post, due to that.

I never swear, either, so maybe that's why they think i'm rich lol

Are you Morrissey?

In Pennsylvania? I never heard that (I grew up there, sadly), though there were plenty of other cringe-worthy regionalisms like "you-uns" meaning "all of you" and "acrost" for across.

"you-uns" is so much worse than "yous"

I pity you. :p

No need, I haven't lived there for years. :lbf: And I never spoke that way meself; I was told I sounded "snooty" because I spoke proper English. Sniff.

Another Pennsylvania-ism: "iggles" for eagles, as in the famous football team, the Philadelphia Iggles

Fellow Mancs tell me that I dont have a Manchester accent. Those from outside say I do. I just know that I mumble a lot.

I love a manc accent! and a deep welsh one too...its a horrible accent where i live, they dont pronounce their t's and they say 'dug' instead of 'dog'. i was born and raised here( and ive took some stick here), but people ask if im northern? suits me just fine!! xx

and i must add the majority of people in my town are either chavs or slum mums!!!

I love a manc accent! and a deep welsh one too...its a horrible accent where i live, they dont pronounce their t's and they say 'dug' instead of 'dog'. i was born and raised here( and ive took some stick here), but people ask if im northern? suits me just fine!! xx

and i must add the majority of people in my town are either chavs or slum mums!!!

My wife is from Northamptonshire, but thankfully she does not have that accent. She was born and raised in Rothwell.

My wife is from Northamptonshire, but thankfully she does not have that accent. She was born and raised in Rothwell.

Rothwell has an accent all of its own. the young uns try to speak like ali g in kettering these days!!!

I hope none of you say wash like "warsh".

plz don't.

I thought that was a PA thing.

it is. :p thankfully, it hasn't gone much further.

My dad says it that way:eek: and he was raised in Illinois and Killeen, Texas. I use the word raised loosely, as he was quite the wild child. But he's not a goober - he's one of the smartest, most knowledgable people I know.:o
Crap example, but I remember he made a (non-judgemental) reference to Quentin Crisp once and was surprised I knew who that was; I was surprised he knew lol.
*thinks of Cassius* ...but not in a weird way:p

lol! perhaps!

my ex girlfriend who didn't know who Morrissey was, once rang me to tell me i looked like him, aswell!

she's the only person to say such things, though :crazy:

Perhaps we should meet up sometime ;)

Back
Top Bottom