Berlin - Zitadelle Spandau (July 18, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / You're The One For Me, Fatty / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / People Are The Same Everywhere / Action Is My Middle Name / Alma Matters / Satellite Of Love / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by an anonymous person

Review links posted by sistasheila (more):
Morrissey in der Zitadelle Spandau (photos, 20 total) - BerlinOnline
Morrissey verkündet solide den Weltschmerz - Berliner Morgenpost
Ein Vegetarier beißt sich durch - Der Tagesspiegel
Morrissey spielt jetzt für die neuen Normalos - Welt Online

Last edited:
Yes agreed. I still like the site and want to come here. I know you are not keen on any form of censorship but maybe some form of pre-moderating could be introduced for IP addresses of repeat offenders.

Is this what the site has come too. A bunch of Perez Hiltons just spewing hate. There is a diffrance between criticism and just being nasty. It took till the middle of page two get to a reveiw of the gig. This site is needs to step up its game.

David, please please please take your head out of the sand.
The site will grind to a halt if you continue to ignore the good advice being offered.
Act now before it is to late.
Filter out the rubbish,whatever it takes.

David, please please please take your head out of the sand.
The site will grind to a halt if you continue to ignore the good advice being offered.
Act now before it is to late.
Filter out the rubbish,whatever it takes.

I think he's too busy thinking he's right and all those people offering good advice are wrong. Then again, I guess it's his life to ruin his own way.....

I have to make another remark. A lot of people say that his voice is stronger now than ever or in good form or something like this.

I think it's not a matter of the condition of his voice or anything physical, it's something much more fundamental.
For example, i LOVE the way "this charming man" sounds nowadays. It's brutal and juvenile and most of all it's alive (sorry for my poor english, hope you know what i mean). I love this song (like many, many others) since the time it was released, listened to it a thousand times and now it's hard for me to go back to the original recording,
Another example for me is "Seasick",which was my favourite during the YOR tour, it's also always been a great song, but the way he did it 2 years ago made me cry. Tonight in Berlin it was Meat is M that gave me the creeps.

And i love his band.
I love the new sparkling power in his music and it seems to me, also inside the man himself.

There is a strange discrepance in many people's views here. (some of them could be found in a Justin Bieber's fansite in similar forms)
No one ever could really think that he's "nice" (especially to people he dislikes).

But he's an artist who wrote (and still writes) some of the most truthful and unique songs ever, which would not have come to life if he wasn't the person he is.

So he has to go all the way, and if we are serious in our "adoration" we should feel glad about that.

I think he's too busy thinking he's right and all those people offering good advice are wrong. Then again, I guess it's his life to ruin his own way.....

What good advice are you referring to?

Agreed! So annoying having to weed through all the same trash to find all the "real" comments. Is there a setting on this thing for when you are logged in to filter/show/hide anonymous posts? I mean, what is the point of having an account?

I love this site and want it to live forever, just getting tired of the same old trash.

^^This advice, for example, in reply to another plea to end anonymous posting

^^This advice, for example, in reply to another plea to end anonymous posting

Unfortunately, there is no such filter yet. I'll look into other options but you might understand I may not be enthused to spend extra hours on top of what I'm already spending right after getting a lifetime ban on concerts.

Do you see the irony in asking to end anonymous posting while anonymous yourself?

Here's to the state of Morrissey-Solo,
For underneath her IPs, the devil draws no lines,
If you searched her banned listings, nameless bodies you will find.
Whoa the anonymous feature of the site have hid a thousand crimes,
The calendar is lyin' when it reads the present time.
Oh, here's to the web you've torn out the heart of,
Morrissey-Solo find yourself another internet to be part of!

Here's to the trolls of Morrissey-Solo
Who say the non medicated, they just don't understand
And they tremble at their shadows as they unleash another pan
The sweating of their souls can't wash the coke from off their hands
They smile and shrug their shoulders at the abusing of the charming Man

Who’s that coming down the road
You must have lost your mind
You should be put away right away

And, here's to the moderators of Morrissey-Solo
Who wear their rags of honor as they crawl into their court
They're guarding all inanities of their phony legal fort
Oh, justice is a stranger when the informative report
When a moderator is abused, the trial is always short

And here's to the rules of Morrissey-Solo
Site leaders will gather in a circus of delay
While the members wishes are drowning in an ocean of decay
Kewpie should be sterilized, even they’ve been heard to say
Yes, corruption can be classic in the Morrissey-Solo way

And here's to the government of Morrissey-Solo
In the swamp of the dictatorship it’s always bogging down
And criminals are posing as the contributors making the rounds
They're hoping that no one sees the truth and no one hears the sounds
And the utterances of the site owner are the ravings of a clown

Here's to the honoree of Morrissey-Solo
The one whose music inspired, whose words have long spoken out
Who continues on for his fans, the ones still worthy to be cared about
His motives constantly questioned, his choices picked apart
Knowing those who truly love him are those that never doubt

Morrissey needs to get back with the smiths and end his career on a high note. Who's with me to start this discussion eh?

i agree but he has too much pride in him to ever work with mike joyce... a smiths reunion tour would bring in millions.

David, I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of us incredibly appreciate all your work throughout the years. I am truly grateful for all the work you do, and am pretty stunned by Morrissey's actions, as much as I love his music.

Unfortunately, there is no such filter yet. I'll look into other options but you might understand I may not be enthused to spend extra hours on top of what I'm already spending right after getting a lifetime ban on concerts.

Do you see the irony in asking to end anonymous posting while anonymous yourself?

Why don't you go out and get a girlfriend and stop acting like a little queen. It's a bit sociopathic of you to maintain a website dedicated to someone that can't stand you. No one asked you to do this website, you feel the need to because of your desperate life. You won't listen to reason and you won't stop slinging mud about Moz.

Thank you to mattisek, 9 x Fined, alex ander and the anonymous people who posted informative reviews, the link to video footage & the setlist!

Could anyone please tell me if there was a support group & if yes, who it was?

Also thank you to davidt, for keeping this site running. & for staying so factual & level-headed about everything. My respect. :thumb:

I have to make another remark. A lot of people say that his voice is stronger now than ever or in good form or something like this.

I think it's not a matter of the condition of his voice or anything physical, it's something much more fundamental.
For example, i LOVE the way "this charming man" sounds nowadays. It's brutal and juvenile and most of all it's alive (sorry for my poor english, hope you know what i mean). I love this song (like many, many others) since the time it was released, listened to it a thousand times and now it's hard for me to go back to the original recording,
Another example for me is "Seasick",which was my favourite during the YOR tour, it's also always been a great song, but the way he did it 2 years ago made me cry. Tonight in Berlin it was Meat is M that gave me the creeps.

And i love his band.
I love the new sparkling power in his music and it seems to me, also inside the man himself.

There is a strange discrepance in many people's views here. (some of them could be found in a Justin Bieber's fansite in similar forms)
No one ever could really think that he's "nice" (especially to people he dislikes).

But he's an artist who wrote (and still writes) some of the most truthful and unique songs ever, which would not have come to life if he wasn't the person he is.

So he has to go all the way, and if we are serious in our "adoration" we should feel glad about that.

What a delightful review! :thumb:

Thanks to everyone that posted a review of Berlin ! The hate on just a post Berlin show review is awful . Can we just keep to the show being discussed ?

Blah Blah Blah
Do you see the irony of forever screaming "Free speech" "No Censorship" when it comes to leaving shit about Morrissey/The Band on this cess pool site, but yet you can't get to the delete button fast enough if anyone criticises you personally.
This is just one of the reasons I detest you. What a despicable hypocrite you are.

Blah Blah Blah
Do you see the irony of forever screaming "Free speech" "No Censorship" when it comes to leaving shit about Morrissey/The Band on this cess pool site, but yet you can't get to the delete button fast enough if anyone criticises you personally.
This is just one of the reasons I detest you. What a despicable hypocrite you are.

You are posting the same harassing thing over and over and that makes you equivalent to a spammer.

You are posting the same harassing thing over and over and that makes you equivalent to a spammer.

No, this person is right, you are a liar and you've been caught.

At Copenhagen

I'm calling you from the foyer
Of the Operaen
Where the men and the women
get to get into the concert quite well
And the drunkards keep on drinking
And oh, the security is strong
I'm disputing the bill!
I will sleep with Hugh's Ho!
And you, Live Nation representative
You slam the receiver when you say
"You know what you did