'Black Cloud' single sleeve design contest

blackcloud_alajulie.jpg

(The red text would be very slightly metallic)

Quality

picture.php

Eddie Spears photo (front) used without permission ("Ooooh!")
Not Eddie Spears photo (back) used with permission ("Aaaaah!").

Back photo inspiration thanx: somebody's inbox on Solo.:horny:

Tried to be as artyfarty as a paid designer would have been for a slapdash 1 hour job. Just had to follow my instinct really... :D

picture.php

Back photo inspiration thanx: somebody's inbox on Solo.:horny:

Tried to be as artyfarty as a paid designer would have been for a slapdash 1 hour job. Just had to follow my instinct really... :D

Looks a bit like Morrissey descending in a swarm of killer bees. :thumb:

Looks a bit like Morrissey descending in a swarm of killer bees. :thumb:

:lbf: Looks a bit like a scene from the Mummy as well! Yeh crappy eh. It's that tool, the airbrush thingy in Paint, whenever I start using it I tend to get a bit carried away. I haven't got the slightest clue how to do with a computer what I could (possibly) do with a paintbrush! :head-smack:

I had a more elegant version but for a Morrissey sleeve I thought "nah, we need something that looks like a right mess, like it's been designed by a cow on acid." I'm bored to death with those clean/ perfect-looking sleeves. Especially if what's inside the cd box is far from perfection!:lbf: The only Morrissey sleeve I like is the original Southpaw one anyway.:straightface:

And a black cloud is a real messy thing, innit?

Perhaps next time I should absorb a a vast quantity of Ricard, as you did before letting your imagination run wild on the "Morrissey sex songs" thread?
Oh yes, I saw that, Ms Catmother. Fine example for your kittens, really.:whip:

Re: Morrissey font

If you type some words in search, those words will appear in Morrissey font.

picture.php

Back photo inspiration thanx: somebody's inbox on Solo.

Great job, Barking!

I like your adventurous approach. :D

blackcloud.jpg

Just who is this Alf Burton chancer?

Awwww...excellent design, Sir Alf. :)

Last edited:
I had a more elegant version but for a Morrissey sleeve I thought "nah, we need something that looks like a right mess, like it's been designed by a cow on acid."
:lbf:

Perhaps next time I should absorb a a vast quantity of Ricard, as you did before letting your imagination run wild on the "Morrissey sex songs" thread?
Oh yes, I saw that, Ms Catmother. Fine example for your kittens, really.:whip:

*folds arms under bosom* I'll have you know I was a little tired but totally sober. :mad: (Anyway, Julia made up all the rudest ones I posted; she was texting them to me so she wouldn't get caught being smutty.)

(Anyway, Julia made up all the rudest ones I posted; she was texting them to me so she wouldn't get caught being smutty.)

Nice try, but blaming anything on Julia doesn't work anymore.:mad: (Except in Moscow, where she should have said something smutty instead of what she said :rolleyes:)

I hasten to say I am not really taking part in this competition, I don't really want to win a week-end in Capri with her. That's the prize, right? (If it's a week end with Jesse Tobias in Rimini, surprisingly enough, I'm still taking part in the competition.:eek: :squiffy:) (adventurous!)

Nice try, but blaming anything on Julia doesn't work anymore.:mad: (Except in Moscow, where she should have said something smutty instead of what she said :rolleyes:)

I hasten to say I am not really taking part in this competition, I don't really want to win a week-end in Capri with her. That's the prize, right? (If it's a week end with Jesse Tobias in Rimini, surprisingly enough, I'm still taking part in the competition.:eek: :squiffy:) (adventurous!)

Kewpie knows the real prize is a week as Boz Boorer's body servant but she's saving that little surprise for later. I wouldn't mind that weekend in Capri if I could use it to help Julia memorise the Roy Chubby Brown joke book. Never a dull gig after that! :)

Back
Top Bottom