Edinburgh, Scotland - Usher Hall (July 30, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You Have Killed Me / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / Maladjusted / Still Ill / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by pubrockcoma

Last edited:
I remember vividly for years, people on the site abused Julia. A lady who is a personnal friend of Morrissey and his family. I was horrified when a middle aged man verbally abused her in front of Morrissey when she had the microphone handed to her, Poor woman.
Ironically we now have the self titled "superfans" They feel it their given right to be at the front at every gig whether it be Rome, Manchester, LA...they stalk the barrier, no one else can get a handshake, they repeatedly get the microphone, they repeatedly get on stage and now they demand that Morrissey's security lets them in before anyone else.
Loyal? No! They're just deluded, self centered obsessives who have either never held down a Job and are in debt to thousands or rob and con other people into lending them money.
I hope Morrissey see's new faces when he goes to America, or what is the point?
Jealous? No, I liked Julia as she is clever enough to not to act important and she doesn't scrounge off anyone.

It shouldn't be the administrator of this site getting removed from gigs, it should be some of those on the barrier.

when a statement is released on true to you that "the list" is authorized by morrissey, and a paid employee is in charge of organizing it, then we'll adhere. as for now, there is no way "Q" is telling us what to do. i smell a revolt.

Morrissey's countless words of thanks to the people who follow the tours, and the fact that his employees do in fact adhere to the list isn't good enough for you? Why do you think you deserve special treatment just b/c you don't like how things work? You want that special treatment, show up and get your name on the list like everybody else.

All of these people moaning about the list are hilarious because if the majority of them actually arrived at the venue early enough, they would be the same ones asking to go on the list. You cant just show up for a gig, especially the last one, just before doors and expect that you are going to get on the barrier. I have been to gigs were people that were there before 10am or so couldn't get to the front because there were already too many people there. If anyone was overlooked in Edinburgh, they clearly were not hanging around the front of the building with everyone else in the queue, so I fail to see how anyone did you any wrong intentionally.

We are getting involved. We're not going to adhere to an unauthorized list.
' This story is old, I know, but it goes on." Lets drop all this list stuff now and focus on what a great night it was.
Move on please - but why so few videos?

I think all these list people need to grow up and get a reality check. Usher hall didnt recognise your list.
Er...yes it was. Why else do you think everyone on the list got wristbands and let into the venue before everyone else? Magic? It was arranged beforehand with Morrissey's security.

Feel free to ignore the last and try and barge your way into the venue at the front of the queue, but those people who've tried that earlier this tour have either been pulled up by venue security or Morrissey's security.

But - fine - you have the idea of a list for people queuing. So - what is your alternative? A complete free for all of whoever pushes hardest gets to the front? Is that really going to be any fairer? Or do you want to literally find the correct entry door at the venue, and sit unmoving in front of it in a rigid line for fifteen hours. If so - fine, but you'd better be prepared to piss and shit where you are sitting, because without any list or system the second you move away any one will be perfectly justified in taking your spot.

why do people have the right to instruct others on list etiquette when the list means nothing at all, other than to self-important tosspots that have nothing better to do than sit outside a venue all day? nobody needs to learn how the list works because the list doesnt exist in the real world! and i was witness to the strange boy in the wills and kate t shirt being asked to leave the usher hall on quite a few occasions as he was pestering the merchandise guy and the box office, and i can assure you that from what the merchandise guy and security said, he isnt a well-loved and respected superfan but a nuisance and an odd-ball obsessive

Er...yes it was. Why else do you think everyone on the list got wristbands and let into the venue before everyone else? Magic? It was arranged beforehand with Morrissey's security.

Feel free to ignore the last and try and barge your way into the venue at the front of the queue, but those people who've tried that earlier this tour have either been pulled up by venue security or Morrissey's security.

But - fine - you have the idea of a list for people queuing. So - what is your alternative? A complete free for all of whoever pushes hardest gets to the front? Is that really going to be any fairer? Or do you want to literally find the correct entry door at the venue, and sit unmoving in front of it in a rigid line for fifteen hours. If so - fine, but you'd better be prepared to piss and shit where you are sitting, because without any list or system the second you move away any one will be perfectly justified in taking your spot.

Why are you competely ignoring the fact that the list was not comprised of those there first? More than one person has stated that they were there before those who arrived and were somehow miraculously added to the list. To be honest I'd just advocate a queue. You get there, get your space. If one of you needs to go to the toilet the other stays and keeps your place. It's quite simple really and it's been working for years. I'm embarrassed that we're arguing over this list now, it's nearly as embarrassing and pathetic as being on it.

why do people have the right to instruct others on list etiquette when the list means nothing at all, other than to self-important tosspots that have nothing better to do than sit outside a venue all day? nobody needs to learn how the list works because the list doesnt exist in the real world! and i was witness to the strange boy in the wills and kate t shirt being asked to leave the usher hall on quite a few occasions as he was pestering the merchandise guy and the box office, and i can assure you that from what the merchandise guy and security said, he isnt a well-loved and respected superfan but a nuisance and an odd-ball obsessive
How did he manage to get a william and kate shirt?
I have not seen them on sale.
Also Morrissey helped him onto the stage, perhaps he is a "superfan" either way he is a very lucky lad.

Just back. A brilliant gig! Moz was in top form. Hard to recall when I've seen him (or the band) perform any better....I must admit after scanning some of the manchester 'reviews' yesterday I wasn't sure if he'd deliver the goods in Edinburgh, but pleased to report Our Man absolutely did not disappoint! Truly excellent! I've seen him loads of times, but really could not fault tonights gig...the anonymous poster above has said everything better alrerady than I could anyway!

Ps. I was quite near the front / middle area for the latter half of the gig and almost fainted during Meat is Murder (2nd last song) due to the intense heat. I'd like to say thanks a million to the guy in the blue/green shirt on my left who helped me get back on my feet and steady myself...! Cheers mate, I owe you a one, you were a star!

Forget the Manc moaners, Morrissey.....come back to Scotland anytime!
Lotsa love.

E.

I'm happy that Mozzer played a blinding gig for you all and I have seem him play many brilliant gigs over the years but I have to say that us Mancs weren't just moaning for the sake of it...it just wasn't the greatest, not horrendous but it did just fall flat in the middle. Morrissey still means as much to me as he always has. Some gigs are perfect, some aren't.

To be honest I'd just advocate a queue. You get there, get your space. If one of you needs to go to the toilet the other stays and keeps your place. It's quite simple really and it's been working for years.

Isn't "the list" just the above but written down...?

The list is a far more fair system than a free-for-all where people steal your place if you go for a piss or to get a bite to eat. You say, "If one of you needs to go to the toilet, the other stays..." but how does that help people queueing alone, f***wit?

The alternative would be to literally stand in line for 15 hours for Christs sake.

The alternative would be to enjoy your day and turn up when doors open. Morrissey 'enjoys' seeing the same face because there's no alternative because of THE LIST. As I can't remember hearing Morrissey saying "I like seeing the same faces night after night because of THE LIST" I can assume that he might want to see new faces. I would rather see new fans each night then I would know there's not just a few hundred fanatics/obsessives who love me!

It IS clearly a pile of cliquey wank, open to abuse and what's the end result? Getting one or two feet closer to Morrissey! Each to their own.

I would just like to say that Morrissey himself was absolutely fabulous last night. Personal highlights would have to have been the older Smiths type songs such as Still Ill, How Soon Is Now and Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want, although his solo work, too, was brilliant. I thought the order of songs was well done and spread really well. Meat Is Murder played along with the footage on show had me in tears and the staff at the Usher Hall were very helpful when I had to sit out as the heat had got a bit too much.
However, one thing that (for me, anyway) put a bit of a lousy spin on last night was the fans outside that have established some sort of superior Morrissey fan base and devised a 'list' which determines who gets to the front of the queue. If I had known about said list, I wouldn't have bothered travelling from Glasgow first thing in the morning to ensure that I would have a good position in the crowd. Sitting outside Usher Hall for around twelve hours amounted to nothing due to the fact that when the person in charge of the list decided it was time to form the 'proper' queue, people were lined up into some kind of order of hierarchy, of which the rest of us could do nothing about. When asked, the person in charge of the list could give no substantial answer as to why they were allowed to ensure their place at the front of the queue other than for the fact that they were "regulars."
I do understand that some of these people are very dedicated fans and had travelled far to get to Edinburgh, however that is the first time I had ever come across something like that. What happened to the days where to be at the front, you got a place in the queue early and waited until the doors opened? I personally think that this list concept is unfair and completely creates a divide in the fan base.
Despite this, I did get to meet some very friendly and charming people last night and, as mentioned at the start, Morrissey's performance was absolutely top-notch. I will definitely be going back to see Moz if he plays another Scottish date in the future (at least the next time I will know that there is absolutely no point in arriving early)!

Oh, the list. Thats so funny. Awesome concert then but
the list of the regular irregular regulars. So funny its made me
laugh so loud from England and maybe you heard me.
2013: so much to look forward to.
Hazard.
x

Isn't "the list" just the above but written down...?

The list is a far more fair system than a free-for-all where people steal your place if you go for a piss or to get a bite to eat. You say, "If one of you needs to go to the toilet, the other stays..." but how does that help people queueing alone, f***wit?

Well, in my experiences of queuing you just explain where you're going to the people beside you, who are in a similar situation and it's not usually a problem. There's obviously a previously undiscovered flaw with queues.

Please engage your brain before you speak. Anyone who uses terms like 'f***wit' automatically loses any respect I may have had for them or their argument, it makes you sound ignorant. Embarrassing, you've just confirmed to me that there's no reason to pay attention to you and your measly list. If you spoke to anyone about this in the real world (i.e not one of your morrissey mates) as i have then you would see the look of disbelief on their faces as they ask you why on earth a simple queue isnt good enough. I first saw The Smiths in '83 and a list was not deemed necessary then.

Yet again you have ignored the fact that the list has been abused in this instance. It is the same concept as a group friends who come and push in in front of you because they know someone ahead of you. THAT IS THE PROBLEM. Why can you not understand this, it is simple enough?

Morrissey's countless words of thanks to the people who follow the tours, and the fact that his employees do in fact adhere to the list isn't good enough for you? Why do you think you deserve special treatment just b/c you don't like how things work? You want that special treatment, show up and get your name on the list like everybody else.

Ok, im sure Morrissey has no desire to see anyone else at his gigs ever again, just a row of your shining superior faces gazing up at him from the front row for the ten thousandth time. The rest of us plebs may as well not bother going. I've actually been to quite a few of his gigs myself but as I'm not part of your gang of "Irregular Regulars" (hilarious) that counts for nothing.

Why are you competely ignoring the fact that the list was not comprised of those there first? More than one person has stated that they were there before those who arrived and were somehow miraculously added to the list. To be honest I'd just advocate a queue. You get there, get your space. If one of you needs to go to the toilet the other stays and keeps your place. It's quite simple really and it's been working for years. I'm embarrassed that we're arguing over this list now, it's nearly as embarrassing and pathetic as being on it.

agreed!

All of these people moaning about the list are hilarious because if the majority of them actually arrived at the venue early enough, they would be the same ones asking to go on the list. You cant just show up for a gig, especially the last one, just before doors and expect that you are going to get on the barrier. I have been to gigs were people that were there before 10am or so couldn't get to the front because there were already too many people there. If anyone was overlooked in Edinburgh, they clearly were not hanging around the front of the building with everyone else in the queue, so I fail to see how anyone did you any wrong intentionally.

based on all your suppositions above, you have no idea what you're talking about. clearly.

do you even begin to get the irony of this moronic statement?

I agree that the list stuff is becoming boring now. We've had possibly the two best reviews of a gig posted here in years yet it's still all about bitching. Forget all that crap, re-read those two reviews and remember that's what Morrissey means, it's not about the fans, it's about the man who has given us so much.

Back
Top Bottom