failed to buy YOR at Walmart

Borders didn't have it Mon/Tues, but Mon HMV had the standard and special CD facing the customer as you walk in the door. Didn't look for the vinyl. (Don't have a record player.)

Good to see some ads in newspapers and on the TV too. :)

walmart SUCKS!!!:angry:
f*** walmart!

OK, pay more for things elsewhere if you like but I enjoy keeping my money whenever possible.

Not saying I buy everything at Walmart but for certain things (household and personal care items in particular and pet stuff) its great and a big money/time saver. If that makes me a capitolist pig then so be it. Oink Oink.

Last edited:
Why on earth would you buy anything from Walmart?

walmart SUCKS!!!:angry:
f*** walmart!

Wal-Mart kicks ass. I'll go there over pseudo-trendy Target any day.

OK, pay more for things elsewhere if you like but I enjoy keeping my money whenever possible.

Not saying I buy everything at Walmart but for certain things (household and personal care items in particular) its great and a big money/time saver. If that makes me a capitolist pig then so be it. Oink Oink.

Me, too.

Regardless of anyone's feelings about Walmart, the failure to get their buyer to purchase "Years of Refusal" is inexcusable. Walmart is the major U.S. big box retailer. Morrissey just lost a huge chance to sell a hell of a lot of albums.

I HATE Decca, Lost Highway and his whole partnership with this bunch. They continue to mis-manage him.

I tried Wal-Mart, since I had to run in there for some household products and wanted to kill two birds with one stone.

Of course, nothing. Not even a placard for Morrissey in their stacks.

I got it at FYE (only place to buy music where I live) and they only had a few copies out.

I managed to get the Deluxe Edition for $13.88 at Newbury Comics in Nashua, NH. (no sales tax there)

Wal-Mart kicks ass. I'll go there over pseudo-trendy Target any day.

Target totally kicks Wal-Mart's ass. I went in to get YOR yesterday, and I found the most divine little WWI style satchel, and it was VEGAN. These things go for $500.00 in fancy stores, plus they're leather, so I could never afford one, much less wear it.

There they are at Target for $25.00. High fashion for the masses!

I got the YOR deluxe edition next door at Borders, so anyone still looking may have some luck at their local.

Target totally kicks Wal-Mart's ass. I went in to get YOR yesterday, and I found the most divine little WWI style satchel, and it was VEGAN. These things go for $500.00 in fancy stores, plus they're leather, so I could never afford one, much less wear it.

There they are at Target for $25.00. High fashion for the masses!

I got the YOR deluxe edition next door at Borders, so anyone still looking may have some luck at their local.

OOh! Can you describe that bag better? I LOVE Target for shoes and bags. They have cute things, and they're nearly all fake leather- but good looking fake leather. I wish they had belts, too, but those are nearly all cheap real leather.

I can't stand Wal-Mart. Target is so much better.

Okay, but in what sense?

Blows, as in chunks.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've never had a Target shopping trip where I've been able to find every single thing on my list--several items are always out of stock. And since we go there only about once a month, it f***ing sucks not to be able to get everything we need at once!

Wal-Mart rarely runs low on stock because their inventory-management systems are the envy of the industry. They've pioneered many, many supply-chain practices that other retailers are way, way behind on. Kind of like McDonalds--hate them as much as you want, but there's no denying that they are hands-down the most efficient and consistent fast-food chain.

Sorry, I'm letting my inner MBA-wannabe peek through a little.

Wal-Mart has also pioneered exploitative labor practices that are the envy of every publicly held corporation that doesn't have the "balls" to treat human beings like toilet paper. It's great for the bottom line... of the corporation. But soon no one will be able to buy anything- even at lovely Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart has also pioneered exploitative labor practices that are the envy of every publicly held corporation that doesn't have the "balls" to treat human beings like toilet paper. It's great for the bottom line... of the corporation. But soon no one will be able to buy anything- even at lovely Wal-Mart.

Pioneered, my ass. They're an easy target, though, because they're the biggest employer in their category.

Pioneered, my ass. They're an easy target, though, because they're the biggest employer in their category.

Every time you shop there, you are telling Wal-Mart, the corporation, that it's ok to treat people like that, to deny them enough hours to live on, deny them a decent pension, health insurance. But you have all those things at your job, don't you? So you won't care much.

Every time you shop there, you are telling Wal-Mart, the corporation, that it's ok to treat people like that, to deny them enough hours to live on, deny them a decent pension, health insurance. But you have all those things at your job, don't you? So you won't care much.

I do have those things, and it's because I put myself through more schooling than can be considered decent. But if Wal-Mart's employees could find better jobs and benefits elsewhere, they would. But you'll tell me that companies like Wal-Mart have lowered the bar to the point where other companies can't offer better pay & benefits because it would make them unable to compete with the likes of Wal-Mart. Fair enough, but don't think for a minute that people are worse off today than they were, say, 50 or 100 years ago when nationwide retailers were much, much rarer.

I do have those things, and it's because I put myself through more schooling than can be considered decent. But if Wal-Mart's employees could find better jobs and benefits elsewhere, they would. But you'll tell me that companies like Wal-Mart have lowered the bar to the point where other companies can't offer better pay & benefits because it would make them unable to compete with the likes of Wal-Mart. Fair enough, but don't think for a minute that people are worse off today than they were, say, 50 or 100 years ago when nationwide retailers were much, much rarer.

I think the problem is deeper than that. We used to have a large industrial manufacturing base that supported the middle class. Those jobs are now a thing of the past as "free trade" has decimated the American middle class. Basically, our standard of living has declined, and the rest of the world's has increased. We are now, predominantly, a service economy.

Additionally, even if we have a business climate that is amenable to innovation and change, do not believe for a second that as soon as the next big thing designed in the U.S. can be outsourced to India it won't be. The resulting impact on the "educated" American worker is their typical career now lasts 10 years, and it requires constant life long learning and re-education just to stay at the same standard of living. Vauxhall does not approve...:)

The resulting "benefit" of all this is you can buy a $79 DVD player from Walmart. Yeppie!

Tags
iphone=typo
Back
Top Bottom