Favorite Track from YOR

Favorite Track from Years of Refusal

• Total voters
It changes every day. Yesterday was "One day goodbye will be farewell".
Today I am quite obsessed with "Black Cloud", an absolute stunner.
Oh and I believe tomorrow will be "I'm ok by myself", that one is growing on me big time.
M

Favourites at the moment for me are,
I'm Ok By Myself
Something is Squeezing My Skull
I'm Throwing my Arms around Paris
When I last spoke to Carol,
Well these are the ones I can't stop singing.I'm not really loving It's Not your Birthday as much as everyone else seems to be, but I like it.

I didn't think It's Not Your Birthday Anymore had made that huge an impression on me until I woke up at 4.30 this morning and haven't slept since because I can't get it out of my head!

I was torn between Sorry Doesn't Help Us, and I'm Ok By Myself. I keep playing those 2 over and over again but I think Sorry wins it.

At least for now. I could have a new favorite in 2 hours :p:o

"Black Cloud" is my favorite then "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" is also a beautiful one..I really love the album

I hope everyone that has posted on here is still going to buy the album. I'd detest it if you were a bunch of thieves. :mad:

Marco Perroni?? Adam ant's erstwhile bassist. Rendered a legend in Ant rap?

rendered a legend in gas engineering.our men have our eyes.ya get me.

22 grand job.in the hinckley its alright.
you are the pinnacle of your capabilities.even mock scum call you nondescript.
ill get me coat.bennicasims on.
"plumber"
"tradesman"
"workhouse"
"bor.i.ngxx"

you only irritate me occasionally these days.i have the moolah to act if you irritate more than that.

gasboy.tis what you dreamt of
gas
boy
gas
boy
shall i stick a "w" in to sound more subversive?
all
the
tate
galleries
wont
take
the
taste
of
rugger
and
the
kaiser
chiefs
out
of
your
fetid
teeth
orphan mi lad xx

Bump for the people who haven't voted yet.

it's to soon to pick favourites

said it was a poor album before are way wrong

it a great album, a must buy for every fan and people who buy alternative/
indie albums which are in all the musigmags like Q

Bought the album on Friday (as I mentioned in my Japan thread) so I'm coming in late, but as I mentioned When Last I Spoke really does it for me. It channels Morricone and Morrissey's love for latin music beautifully. Like Morrissey's best songs, I don' think I'll ever tire of it.

Birthday was a big surprise. Am I alone in thinking it sounds like a lost Ultravox epic?

The intro of Sorry is quite good actually, but it is indeed the weakest track.
Edit: Listening to again (for the third or fourth time), it's actually not bad. The retro keyboards are like a Sparks track or something. It has its charms but is pretty one-dimensional, as is usual for Jesse. Probably the third or fourth best he's written for Moz.

That's How and All You Need fit nicely in fact, but I would've traded out That's How for My Dearest Love -- haven't heard the two new b-sides yet.

I think Black Cloud is a good song! Not sure why it's maligned. It'd make a fine third or fourth single.

Last edited:
well, here are the ratings (with songwriter added) from the front page.
with a sample size of nearly 3,000 the results are a lot more representative than our little poll.

1. Alain (birthday)
2. Alain (squeezing)
3. Alain (carol)
4. Boz (paris)
5. Alain (mama)
6. Jesse (ok)
7. Boz (goodbye)
8. Jesse (all you)
9. Boz (black)
10. Alain (good)
11. Boz (that’s how)
12. Jesse (sorry)

"Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed". I love the way he says "Life is nothing much to lose, it's just so lonely here without you"... ah... so pretty.

I think "Sorry Doesn't Help" is one of the more memorable songs on the album. It's also refreshing to hear that Jesse's co-writes are much better than anything he's previously written.

I'd have to say "When I Last Spoke To Carol" and even "Black Cloud" are the weakest tracks. Especially "Black Cloud," which I was REALLY looking forward to.

I have the complete opposite opinion :D but to each his own. :thumb:

all the singles...
first 3 tracks, and not yr bday

those are the standouts for me.

Back
Top Bottom