Flying tomorrow and scared...any tips?

GirlAfraid23

Basically what the title says. I'm flying out to spain tomorrow...not too long haul but I haven't flown in years. Not since all the new rules have been put in place. Anyway I'm very scared, I hate being out of control of a situation and after that airfrance disaster, I'm even more concerned.

Anyone else worried about flying and have any tips?
I was gonna get abit tipsy before the flight for dutch courage...hmmm not sure if this is a good idea or not :straightface:

I'm scared of planes too. I usually take copious amounts of Rescue Remedy and concentrate on breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth, slowly. Remember to relax as much as you can; I used to tense up really badly, which is a really bad idea. Just relax. I find it hard to open my eyes on planes so I don't tend to read or watch films, but something I find really good is just listening to music...or even better, to something like a comedy show on your iPod or MP3 player. I always end up listening to Russell Brand :) Listening to or reading something funny will help take away anxiety.

You can also look up stuff online about how unlikely plane crashes are. I know that stuff is easily forgotten once you're in the air, but it might help to keep in mind that the chances are slimmer than Kate Moss an anorexic broomhandle :o

Good luck! How long is the flight?

Basically what the title says. I'm flying out to spain tomorrow...not too long haul but I haven't flown in years. Not since all the new rules have been put in place. Anyway I'm very scared, I hate being out of control of a situation and after that airfrance disaster, I'm even more concerned.

Anyone else worried about flying and have any tips?
I was gonna get abit tipsy before the flight for dutch courage...hmmm not sure if this is a good idea or not :straightface:

Getting tipsy is not such a good idea. Try talking to the flight attendants about your fear, they're trained for dealing with flight stress and anxiety in their customers. They also carry some medication.

Enjoy Spain.

I'm scared of planes too. I usually take copious amounts of Rescue Remedy and concentrate on breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth, slowly. Remember to relax as much as you can; I used to tense up really badly, which is a really bad idea. Just relax. I find it hard to open my eyes on planes so I don't tend to read or watch films, but something I find really good is just listening to music...or even better, to something like a comedy show on your iPod or MP3 player. I always end up listening to Russell Brand :) Listening to or reading something funny will help take away anxiety.

You can also look up stuff online about how unlikely plane crashes are. I know that stuff is easily forgotten once you're in the air, but it might help to keep in mind that the chances are slimmer than Kate Moss an anorexic broomhandle :o

Good luck! How long is the flight?

Approx two hours? I think anyway

Also, if you're scared of turbulance, it's a fact that it's never crashed a plane

i'd say that's what i'm most scared of when it comes to flying, aswell...

Just listen to Morrissey's Fantastic Bird, over and over again

if it crashes you will probably only know for about 10 seconds, anyway
but i doubt it will, pal

Concerning a cruise through Mexico and then spending a few days in New Orleans
Buzzetta to friend: Why is it so cheap?
Friend: It's hurricane season. But what is the chance of a hurricane hitting the week we are there?

Hurricane Katrina (2005)

My advice though would be to stay up late the night before. Watch some movies or something. Force yourself to stay up so that you have just enough energy to get to the plane and then crash once you are on the plane. You will sleep through most of the ride.

Last edited:
dont drink, take
Ambien.png

1 of these, fall asleep then wake up there :)
& i hope you have a gr8 trip :flowers:

My advice though would be to stay up late the night before. Watch some movies or something. Force yourself to stay up so that you have just enough energy to get to the plane and then crash once you are on the plane. You will sleep through most of the ride.

Bad idea :straightface: If you wanna sleep on a plane take sleeping pills. But fears are far easier to face when you're well-rested and not stressed out by anything else.

Is it true that there is less likelihood being in a car accident than in a plane? That's what I've heard anyway.

I'm worrying unnecessarily again I think

yep, the old saying

'the pilot's most at danger driving to work in his car than he is dying in a plane crash'

Is it true that there is less likelihood being in a car accident than in a plane? That's what I've heard anyway.

I'm worrying unnecessarily again I think

I've heard a car accident is more likely than a plane crash...

You worried me with your words!

really? :eek: well, if you really are that easily rattled then maybe you should not go ;)
or try to think of flying as being like, like, well, sex :o
seriously, the moment of going airborne can be quite a rush :)
just feel that rush pass over you and enjoy it :guitar:
instead of fixating on the panic :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom