Flying tomorrow and scared...any tips?

really? :eek: well, if you really are that easily rattled then maybe you should not go ;)
or try to think of flying as being like, like, well, sex :o
seriously, the moment of going airborne can be quite a rush :)
just feel that rush pass over you and enjoy it :guitar:
instead of fixating on the panic :straightface:
I miss the "I like this" button from facebook, but .. I liked this tip;)

Bad idea :straightface: If you wanna sleep on a plane take sleeping pills. But fears are far easier to face when you're well-rested and not stressed out by anything else.

That is what I always do and it works every time. I stay up all night playing xBox and then I am out like a light on the plane. In fact I do that a lot during the work year. I have a lot of paperwork that I am always processing. So I can have some semblance of a normal life I sacrifice a few hours of sleep. I only need to haul my sorry self to the train station and get on board. An hour later I am well rested after my nap and I get nudged at Penn Station to get off the train before it goes to the yard.

Only went to the yard twice in five years. :D

I no longer drive to work - F that.

Not a fan of flying myself, but i have to have my holidays in the sun so. Yes to a couple of drinks just before you go to the gate, spirits, large, two of. I know that the chance of accident once the plane is at cruising altitude is super low, but i've managed to convince myself that incident once the plane is UP is impossible, So the only time for anxiety is in the relatively short period of time that is take off and landing, and if you've followed instructions, by the time off take off the effects of the booze is just taking hold Stick head in flight magazine and concentrate hard on any drivel therein really force being engrossed. Take off speed is about 120 miles an hour which is close to what many of us have done on the motorway in the car getting to the airport so thats fine, and it is possible to convice yourself it would be easy to stop with all that empty motorway/runway infront of you should he need to. The time it takes from first leaving the runway to rather disconcerting noise of the landing gear coming up is three maybe four minutes this in my world is also a positive noise, as if the pilot is happy to lift the gear then all is well he's confident and we're off to spain "hurrah" keep head in magazine but allow yourself to turn page. The inflight safety chat is next and also fascinting (just like magazine) and i must listen avidly to every nugget of life saving information. Once she's done congratulations you are at cruising at altitude and officially invinsible. Landing is more of the same bearing in mind you've had two more shorts, and by now you don't give a shit any way just get me on that beach. I'm sorry i've waffled but this is how i get there sane.

Not a fan of flying myself, but i have to have my holidays in the sun so. Yes to a couple of drinks just before you go to the gate, spirits, large, two of. I know that the chance of accident once the plane is at cruising altitude is super low, but i've managed to convince myself that incident once the plane is UP is impossible, So the only time for anxiety is in the relatively short period of time that is take off and landing, and if you've followed instructions, by the time off take off the effects of the booze is just taking hold Stick head in flight magazine and concentrate hard on any drivel therein really force being engrossed. Take off speed is about 120 miles an hour which is close to what many of us have done on the motorway in the car getting to the airport so thats fine, and it is possible to convice yourself it would be easy to stop with all that empty motorway/runway infront of you should he need to. The time it takes from first leaving the runway to rather disconcerting noise of the landing gear coming up is three maybe four minutes this in my world is also a positive noise, as if the pilot is happy to lift the gear then all is well he's confident and we're off to spain "hurrah" keep head in magazine but allow yourself to turn page. The inflight safety chat is next and also fascinting (just like magazine) and i must listen avidly to every nugget of life saving information. Once she's done congratulations you are at cruising at altitude and officially invinsible. Landing is more of the same bearing in mind you've had two more shorts, and by now you don't give a shit any way just get me on that beach. I'm sorry i've waffled but this is how i get there sane.

Wow, thanks for this!
I'm just generally concerned...I know I shouldnt be. I can't help it. It seems un natural to me.
I will be making bargains with God the whole way probably haha
No, I will read a magazine and try to get through it...

Ask an air hostess if you can visit the cockpit.It will put your mind at rest.They used to allow this so I'm presuming they still do.

and as long as it isn't Leslie Neilson in the cockpit you'll be onto a winner:thumb:

That is what I always do and it works every time. I stay up all night playing xBox and then I am out like a light on the plane. In fact I do that a lot during the work year. I have a lot of paperwork that I am always processing. So I can have some semblance of a normal life I sacrifice a few hours of sleep. I only need to haul my sorry self to the train station and get on board. An hour later I am well rested after my nap and I get nudged at Penn Station to get off the train before it goes to the yard.

Only went to the yard twice in five years. :D

I no longer drive to work - F that.

I wonder if anyone has taken pics of you sleeping on the train and put it on their FB :p

I wonder if anyone has taken pics of you sleeping on the train and put it on their FB :p

Nah - because everyone at the early morning hour is also asleep. I have seen though some guy smash someone's cell phone for talking on the way in. At the hour I commute in the morning most everyone sleeps on that train.

However... I am pretty sure that I have been photographed doing stupid stuff elsewhere.

zanax

Actually zanax can and will help you in any situation.
Zanax is god.

Back
Top Bottom