HMV deny refusing to stock "Low In High School"

Here we go:

Oh, and look: both NME & Spin are copied in to the tweet and they both ran the story yesterday.
Regards,
FWD.

40707_bmg_statement.jpg

@hmvtweets / Twitter.
Contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. Full comment below @NME @SPIN

contrary to reports, hmv have not refused to stock the new Morrissey album.

BMG shared the artwork with us last week and we are looking forward to continuing to work with BMG on the forthcoming release.

for the second time this year it appears Morrissey's camp have made a statement about hmv without being fully aware of the facts.

UPDATE 8:25 AM PT:

Posted by an anonymous person:

Doesn't look like this relationship will sour any time soon. Korda Marshall seems to have done his homework regarding M.

@bmguk
. @BMG is happy to confirm that HMV has not refused to stock the new Morrissey album. @hmvtweets

40709_bmg_hmv.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well then, if a mystery third party told you something about a Smiths reunion it must be true - even if it makes ZERO sense, based on all verifiable facts. I used to adore Morrissey. Now I wouldn't cross the street to help him if he was being beaten by Lizzie herself.

Now, take Marr - a man who dedicated years to working with the manchild and wearing all the hats, so as not to disturb his precious ego. You think you'd have the desire to go back to that? Marr's oeuvre and forward momentum tell a very different story. Marr let's the music speak. Morrissey should do the same, or crawl back up his own asshole and STFU.

The verifiable facts are that both Morrissey and Marr confirmed what I was told after the fact! Marr has even spoken of how he was convinced a reunion was going to happen. The story I was told was that Morrissey wanted it to happen straight away and Marr wanted it to happen after a tour with (I think) the Cribs. And the fact that Marr put the Cribs first ended it. But, really, based on all the verifiable facts, it makes complete sense.

The verifiable facts are that both Morrissey and Marr confirmed what I was told after the fact! Marr has even spoken of how he was convinced a reunion was going to happen. The story I was told was that Morrissey wanted it to happen straight away and Marr wanted it to happen after a tour with (I think) the Cribs. And the fact that Marr put the Cribs first ended it. But, really, based on all the verifiable facts, it makes complete sense.
Please provide the source that indicates that Marr "was convinced a reunion was going to happen". You'd have to extrapolate a great deal to get there from anything of read or heard him say. "My mates mate that knows a bloke..." ain't worth shit.

They had a conversation and the topic - according to both - came up. That's where facts end and speculation begins. Johnny may well have been up for it, even to satisfy the punters. Christ knows they'd have made a killing. ...but suggesting that Johnny Marr put ANY real credence in the words uttered by Morrissey during that conversation is ludicrous. Johnny knows Steve-O better than anyone, except maybe Steve's mom. ...but she raised him to be the Sally little brat he is today, so I wouldn't put much stock in her thoughts on the subject either.

yes, it's because only 'decent songs' that give all the Gaga's and Spears out there top billing in the charts!

They have sex appeal, which Morrissey no longer has (hence, why he's not even on the cover). I'm pretty sure neither Lady Gaga or Britney Spears had any hits thanks to tawdry squabbling with HMV.

Controversy alone will not give Morrissey any sales. If he doesn't have any decent songs this time - he's f***ed.

Someone needs to fax Morrissey the memo that people buy their albums online these days and nobody gives a shit about HMV so the phony controversy isn't really controversial.

Blood blikey bloomin' onion! Americans don't give a shit about album covers. Me reckon he could of had a completely black album cover and called it "smell the marinara sauce" and everyone in Moz Angeles would buy it. Contrary to what you foreigners think, the only Americans that care about "the royals" live in shit holes like Connecitucut, Delerwear, Chicago, Road Island, or wherever the "Firefly Festival" was.

Please provide the source that indicates that Marr "was convinced a reunion was going to happen". You'd have to extrapolate a great deal to get there from anything of read or heard him say. "My mates mate that knows a bloke..." ain't worth shit. They had a conversation and the topic - according to both - came up. That's where facts end and speculation begins. Johnny may well have been up for it, even to satisfy the punters. Christ knows they'd have made a killing. ...but suggesting that Johnny Marr put ANY real credence in the words uttered by Morrissey during that conversation is ludicrous. Johnny knows Steve-O better than anyone, except maybe Steve's mom. ...but she raised him to be the Sally little brat he is today, so I wouldn't put much stock in her thoughts on the subject either.

mere 'SPECULATION' Is Solo's Middle Name !
:lbf:

we don't need proof of guilt to hang a man here !
:lbf:

The cone of uncertainty is now giving "new album blows chunks" as the likely outcome, European Model specially so.

Maybe the axe is the issue and they'll just Photoshop it out.

Then in 40 years they'll re-release the album replicating the orignal artwork, a la David Bowie's big testes on the 'Diamond Dogs' sleeve.

I can't afford to wait another 40 years for the original artwork.
Two and half months is already long enough.
BMG, HMV or whatever, stop the bullshit, release it or we're gonna boycott you all. :rock:

There you go. For Music Complete, New Order simply released loads of 30ish second segments of the album tracks, no bullshit just music.

But that music is bullshit IMHO.
With Moz there still is a possibility it's the other way around.:)
Hopefully.

Do you think any one member of his band dare speak for themselves, let alone release statements on his behalf without his complete approval? Do you want a fax or a windshield postcard? Because that's how you get a fax or a windshield postcard!

No.
I'd like a windshield postcard.
Sell it on eBay and all autograph experts telling it is fake, except for one who pays me a fortune for it. :)

Hopefully Morrissey has no say in a future reissue. I don't want him fiddling again with the tracklisting, replacing All the Young People with the 1991 live performance of Cosmic Dancer.

I understand what you mean but,
He does what he wants and I don't know yet about All The Young People, not even if it exists as a song, but that live performance of Cosmic Dancer was brilliant. I was there. :)
There are far more worse songs he could replace All The Young People with. :thumb:

people on here have spent sunday and Monday moaning about things we will never find out and theres a great live version of the boy with the thorn in his side below this post.

How did it change from that into the boy with the axe in his hand?
Although there is some 30 years between them, I didn't see that coming.
Although you could say the murderous desire was still there.
But for what?

How did it change from that into the boy with the axe in his hand?
Although there is some 30 years between them, I didn't see that coming.
Although you could say the murderous desire was still there.
But for what?

I don't link the axe in the hands of a child with murder. It's about cutting the flow of money and privileges to a group of people, like the video posted here before:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom