Joan Rivers statement on TTY

Yes...and now I'm going to entertain myself and my bride and watch "Lonely are the Brave" with Kirk Douglas.

I'll probably be just as sad as Morrissey when old Kirk bites the ground.....In fact I already am.

UGH thank you I was trying to remember where I read that movie suggestion. I hope its on youtube, I don't have netflix.

With Portuguese subtitles, no less. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that even if he tries to be sincere he still sounds like a dick?

Perhaps you can look in the mirror, and tell us why.

I just took your suggestion and approached the mirror. After asking myself in a mirror as to why it is "that even if he tries to be sincere he still sounds like a dick", I came to the following conclusion. Based upon his sad, half assed excuses for canceling shows, his inability to accept responsibility for his own perceived misfortune, his inability to "play nicely" with others and his usual cattiness directed towards others in what appears to be attempts to stay relevant, he has sullied his own image creating a perspective where he can be viewed as a dick.

This is a shame as he is a gifted performer. Perhaps he should, as I have stated before at a show, "shut up and sing." If only he put as much effort into his music as he does his "press releases" (through a non-critical nor objective fanzine nonetheless), perhaps they would chart better. Remember kiddies, just because it says, "Morrissey" at the top of it does not make it great.

Ooh, people ... what is this topic about ? Why are you talking so much about antisemitism ?
More interesting thing is what Mozza is doing in Lublin. Any guesses ?

He was seemingly settled for a few years in LA, he had his four cats and a house. Now he just wanders around the world writing angry statements for his website. I wonder what the hell happened.

Yes, you're the only one getting fed up with Mozzer's mini obituaries. I love them! They're so clever, cool, and meaningful. When I heard that Joan Rivers was in a coma and might not pull through, the first thing I thought of was her joke that Moz referenced in his Autobiography (358.) Moz is the one who is interesting. Moz.

am I the only one getting fed up with Mozzer's mini obituaries. I wonder if he scours the obituary sections of the local newspapers wherever he may be today.

My love for Joan was lifelong and unconditional. Her daytime talk show ran during my high school years, and she was my introduction to club kids, Gwar, drag queens…you name it. She celebrated weirdos and she really understood the kind of humor that outcasts have about themselves. She was a lot like John Waters in that way, really. Joan gave everyone shit, herself included, and that's how she got through life. Joan was a tough, hard-working bitch right up to the end—she never took any of what she had for granted. Those who don't think she was funny or reduce her to simply being "mean" are not my people.

Cindy Adams told the Post that Joan went out in full hair and makeup while listening to the Oklahoma! soundtrack under a faux mink blanket. I find all of that very comforting.

100% agree with you Chickpea, I will not read any more responses on this thread because I don't need the heartache, but you nailed it...

Your ignorance knows no bounds. And is borderline offensive--to the educated at least. You can be an Irish (nationality) Jew (religion) because you were born to Jewish parents who are Irish citizens. Looks Irish instead of Jewish? Is that analogous to looking Catholic as opposed to looking Russian?

I suggested that hand in glove's comment that Robin Williams didn't look Jewish but instead looked Irish was ignorant. On two counts. Because there is no 'Jewish' look. You can be a Hispanic Jew from Spain, a black Ethiopian Jew, or a white New York Jew. Hardly a homogeneous group. Do some Jews from geographically or socially isolated groups share some common genes that manifest themselves as outward physical traits? Yes. But not all Jews have large noses--like the one you had up on offer. It is a stereotype.

I don't think being observant is a sign of ignorance. I would suggest that your arrogance knows no bounds. Was it ignorant for Morrissey to say, "They have such great hair, skin, and teeth" when he was asked about and commented on his Hispanic fan base? How about when he wrote the lyric, "as the flames rose to her Roman nose..."?

What about when Madonna sings about "Spanish eyes"? Also, I used to have a boyfriend from England who told me all the time that I looked Scottish. So, there isn't anything wrong with what I said. If you put Bono and Robin Williams side by side you'd see similarities. What's wrong with that? How is that offensive?

Why? Because I don't agree with you or particularly like Joan Rivers? Try to make a rational argument next time...

Rational arguments are wasted on someone with a name like yours. Do you actually expect to be taken seriously?

'when I'm dead my body goes to Tupperware'

just 1 line how ironic she was and how she stood in life,
I don't know much about her and her life, never got into the ' Late ' shows with whomever as host
she apeared a lot as I read somewhere.

Godspeed Joan Rivers

'and they say he's mentall'... oh Joan...

Does his posting mean he liked Joan Rivers? Me no es understand. Joan Rivers wore a lot of fur and ate meat.

I just took your suggestion and approached the mirror. After asking myself in a mirror as to why it is "that even if he tries to be sincere he still sounds like a dick", I came to the following conclusion. Based upon his sad, half assed excuses for canceling shows, his inability to accept responsibility for his own perceived misfortune, his inability to "play nicely" with others and his usual cattiness directed towards others in what appears to be attempts to stay relevant, he has sullied his own image creating a perspective where he can be viewed as a dick.

This is a shame as he is a gifted performer. Perhaps he should, as I have stated before at a show, "shut up and sing." If only he put as much effort into his music as he does his "press releases" (through a non-critical nor objective fanzine nonetheless), perhaps they would chart better. Remember kiddies, just because it says, "Morrissey" at the top of it does not make it great.

What a breath of fresh air ! I love the line at the end.
Not only does he sound like a dick he also resembles one these days.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Generally, Irish people, Jews, Scottish, French, Hispantic or whatever all have a look.
It's not ignorant or xenophobic or any other wanky term, it's just the way it is.

When you watch The Simpsons do you think it's ignorant that Groundskeeper Willie has wild red hair and is a tough Scotsman? Bollocks, it's just the way things are. It's been like that for hundreds of years.

Ooh, people ... what is this topic about ? Why are you talking so much about antisemitism ?
More interesting thing is what Mozza is doing in Lublin. Any guesses ?

Huma pride weekend.
Lublin is the Mecca for all things humasexual and just like hajj all "huma's" are expected to make the trip once in their life.
In the evening they light fires and sing and dance to the song "Around the old camp fire" by Frank Lammar (Foo Foo).
What is puzzling though is it's definitely not a meat free event !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Jewishness is about community as well. The only people who claim it is a race are the anti-Semitics (Nazis, Russians, white supremacists, skinheads, etc.) and the Zionists. For different reasons, of course. But most moderate, educated Jews agree that Judaism is a religion, an identity, a community but NOT a biological race. Can one look Jewish, as hand in glove alluded to? And she accused me of Eugenics? Ha!

Thanks for the string of incredibly boring commentary on the Hebraic condition.

Back
Top Bottom