Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Some straws are heavier than others?

Edit : I’d like to hear exactly what he said, anyone know when he said it and has a clip?

Btw…. I do think it’s infantile if that was indeed the reason for canceling.
After a search I found something on Reddit that linked to something on TikTok, not sure if the clip was cut short but he did indeed go one about "nostalgia", somewhat concerning if it really was the reason.

After a search I found something on Reddit that linked to something on TikTok, not sure if the clip was cut short but he did indeed go one about "nostalgia", somewhat concerning if it really was the reason.

I must say though, for all shit talked on here, it was a f***ing good show.

For many Americans and Europeans it’s easy to take it for granted.

In the last few months I saw the church (same venue) and Peter hook live. This eclipses both.

If you’re in a less conventional country and he’s coming to town, go.

The only reason so much shit is talked on here is because of how blatantly disrespectful he is to the fans.

If he was, you know, nice, we’d be singing his praises.

What did Paul McCartney write? The love you take is equal to the love you make.

See post #177.
The word was used and is currently used by their site for various artists lined up to play.
Not sure his "promoters" via Live Nation would have any control over that. Judging the rights & wrongs of his behaviour isn't really any part of sharing information on my part.
FWD.
Thanks - I have seen that now as a category on the venue site. Live Nation (as you say) only control the actual promo info, which didn't mention nostalgia. Moz played at the same venue back in 2011, but has cancelled two others at the same venue. Seriously though, if he truly cancelled because the 'Concert Hall' in Perth had an online category of 'nostalgia', then that's truly disappointing. Who cares??? What an insult to fans.

He mentioned the Perth cancellation and then something about it being the 73rd time he's cancelled.

Then he said (and I recorded this bit): "On the website of the venue, it listed all the artists coming to the venue. It said blah blah blah blah pop, blah blah blah rock, blah blah blah blah pop, blah blah blah rock, Morrissey 'nostalgia' [crowd laughs at this point]. Every possible discouragement [crowd laughs again], every possible discouragement."

Does anyone know what he said about Germaine Greer and about Ireland?
Greer - he asked the crowd who was the important woman in the world who was born in Melbourne. Some people around me yelled out Kylie Minogue haha.

Ireland - something about co-opted into the EU which he was displeased about but I can't remember the exact words.

Full show but audio only ! Just listen !

He started at 9:07pm exactly.
This was part of a larger conversation, someone on Twitter said he'd started 40 mins late, then we did find out that everything was fine and people had a great time, no issues, Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom