Mr. Morrissey.....a very strict boss

I doesn't sound like he's exceptionally strict, just professional. I read somewhere that he doesn't let the band bring girlfriends on tour, only wives may come along.

That's understandable. Only Boz is married, and when the guys bring their girlfriends, they're disinclined to agree to photographs of themselves wrestling naked with Morrissey. All very professional!

[I'm just teasing - I mean no harm]

Erm...I don't want to sit on your party hat but there are many, many stories of friends and colleagues who were left hanging by dear Mr. Morrissey at one time or another. I recall one anecdote about his old band actually standing around at Heathrow to leave for a European tour only to get a message Morrissey couldn't make it.

I mean, is it "professional" to fire your bass player by leaving a note on his windshield?

Larger question: if modern life is rubbish, as sayeth the philosopher Albarn, wouldn't it be more attractive for a man to be at permanent odds with the world and most of the people in it? Don't we prefer to imagine Morrissey blowing off a commitment, singing "Punctuality is the thief of time!" on his way to a pub, instead of behaving like a stockbroker? Would you be relieved or disturbed if you found out he carried a Blackberry?

I would be deeply disturbed to learn that he carried a Blackberry. I hope he carries nothing more technologically advanced than a small notebook, a pencil, and an American Express Platinum card. Because I wouldn't wish an Amexless life on anyone.

I'm really just basing my assumptions on last years' tour. Before that, I wasn't paying attention.

That's understandable. Only Boz is married, and when the guys bring their girlfriends, they're disinclined to agree to photographs of themselves wrestling naked with Morrissey. All very professional!

[I'm just teasing - I mean no harm]

Actually, of last falls' touring band, only Jesse was single.

I would be deeply disturbed to learn that he carried a Blackberry. I hope he carries nothing more technologically advanced than a small notebook, a pencil, and an American Express Platinum card. Because I wouldn't wish an Amexless life on anyone.

I'm really just basing my assumptions on last years' tour. Before that, I wasn't paying attention.

Well, he'd have to have an Amex. 'Coz America is not the world and at Giuseppe's Flesh Bar in Roma "they don't take Visa or Mastercard".

Morrissey is probably the proud owner of a black American Express card. Lucky bastard.

What do the black ones do? Mine is just gold.

*edit*

I just looked it up. Big deal. They just charge you a higher annual fee. That's why I don't have a platinum card, they just charge more for it. It's not worth it. I do like spending points, it seems I never have to pay for hotels anymore.

Last edited:
What do the black ones do? Mine is just gold.

*edit*

I just looked it up. Big deal. They just charge you a higher annual fee. That's why I don't have a platinum card, they just charge more for it. It's not worth it. I do like spending points, it seems I never have to pay for hotels anymore.
The black ones come with a concierge service. Supposedly, you can call them and say you need a private jet somewhere and they'll handle it for you. Or if you want something completely random in the middle of the night, supposedly with the black card you can call Amex and they will scour the earth to try to get that thing to you that you've asked for. BTW, I was just joking. I bet Morrissey doesn't have one, he just pays for everything in cash. :p His wallet always looks fat and girthy. :eek:

His wallet always looks fat and girthy. :eek:

I guess that's a less ostentatious way to compensate than this:
hummer-front.jpg

:D

I doesn't sound like he's exceptionally strict, just professional. I read somewhere that he doesn't let the band bring girlfriends on tour, only wives may come along. And I get the impression he's very strict about things starting on time. I think he's just very professional and likes to keep everyone focused. Is that really so strange?

It's standard industry practice not to have partners on tour. There was a whole discussion about it on the velvet rope message board and the overwhelming consensus was that it was a bad idea. Main reasons were, that it was boring for the partner, it caused divisions and arguments amongst the band and crew, and that the costs were too high. So again, not so unusual.

It's standard industry practice not to have partners on tour. There was a whole discussion about it on the velvet rope message board and the overwhelming consensus was that it was a bad idea. Main reasons were, that it was boring for the partner, it caused divisions and arguments amongst the band and crew, and that the costs were too high. So again, not so unusual.

Speaking of which, have any of Morrissey's tour riders surfaced, other than this snippet of one? I'm sure that Morrissey is too low-profile to have attracted The Smoking Gun's attention.

I'm just dying to know what Morrissey's doing with all of those towels. :)

I guess that's a less ostentatious way to compensate than this:
hummer-front.jpg

:D
Hummers are gross. :rolleyes: And I'm talking about the cars.

Speaking of which, have any of Morrissey's tour riders surfaced, other than this snippet of one? I'm sure that Morrissey is too low-profile to have attracted The Smoking Gun's attention.
Wow I've never seen that. Now I want to know if Morrissey eats his cereal with organic cow's milk or soy milk? Another thing that is going to keep me up at night....still dying to know what that "All You Need Is Me" youtube inspiration video was. :tears:

well a baby might need delivered, there is something about lots of towels when babies are born right? :p
"The baby's crowning! Get me some more towels and some boiling water too! I'll just sit here and have some raisins while I'm waiting. Breath woman! :p"

Back
Top Bottom