my "greatest hits" vinyl plays faster...

Abrahan

...with an N.
Subscriber
i just played side 1 of the greatest hits album and it plays at a faster tempo.

i can hear morrissey's tone better when i slow it down a bit with my hand.

anyone else's have this problem? other records sound fine.

All part of the charm of a turntable mate. You'll enjoy the difference when you get used to it.
They always have been slightly faster - they're set to compensate for low mains supply at least in UK (up by about 1.5% roughly)
Hope that answers your question.

All part of the charm of a turntable mate. You'll enjoy the difference when you get used to it.
They always have been slightly faster - they're set to compensate for low mains supply at least in UK (up by about 1.5% roughly)

i dunno, it actually sounds like it was pressed wrong.

Is that true? I've never that, but it's fascinating. If that's the case, then Abe can simulate the same effect by plugging his turntable into a 100-foot extension cord to drop the voltage.

I believe so. Perhaps not all but many.
It's a curious thing because it's almost like listening to the song for the first time again. Tally-ho!

Mine jumps too. What a disaster. Paid nearly 15£ for it. To be frank with you, a scratched cd would sound better. I'm not kidding.

UPDATE:
i took my record player to a local record shop (soundexchange) yesterday during my lunch hour. in less than 10 minutes, without even playing a record on it... the guy at the shop fixed it and didn't even charge me.

so yeah, it was playing all of my records fast but this one stood out the most.

Back
Top Bottom