Morrissey Central "Norman Lear dies, aged 101" (December 8, 2023)

Norman Lear dies, aged 101

NL+backwards+on+chair+Courtesy+of+NL+pg+3_Crop.jpg

He created All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons and Maude.

As per the condolence thread on Wednesday.
FWD.

It’s been a long time since I’ve watched The Jeffersons.

And this relates to Morrissey how? He was just a fan? Sometimes I really don't get him anymore.

I don't think his sitcoms were particularly known in the UK?
Given his biggest hits are rewrites of Steptoe & 'till Death, it's sad Johnny Speight / Galton and Simpson aren't known better Stateside.
FWD.

It’s been a long time since I’ve watched The Jeffersons.

Jefferson’s depressed me as a kid, they had some heavy episodes, subject matter.

And this relates to Morrissey how? He was just a fan? Sometimes I really don't get him anymore.

M likes American sitcoms, Golden Girls too.

Edit: In regards to Lear’s work, I’d like to add that he probably got turned on to these shows when visiting America as a teenager, so it’s probably not a new thing for him.

Last edited:
Jefferson’s depressed me as a kid, they had some heavy episodes, subject matter.

M likes American sitcoms, Golden Girls too.

Edit: In regards to Lear’s work, I’d like to add that he probably got turned on to these shows when visiting America as a teenager, so it’s probably not a new thing for him.
I remember All in the Family reruns used to depress me so much as a kid. Just the decor. I'm sure it was good though.

sad when anyone dies,just heard ryan o neil has died,one of the great 70s actors,the driver is a great watch.
all the best ones are dead.

Last edited:
But no mention of Shane McGowan or Benjamin Zephaniah.
Morrissey Central is truly a God-awful website.

But no mention of Shane McGowan or Benjamin Zephaniah.
Morrissey Central is truly a God-awful website.
Shane McGowan grossed me out. I can't imagine going around with a mouth looking like that! All I could think was how much his teeth had to hurt.

Back
Top Bottom