Morrissey Central "Norman Lear dies, aged 101" (December 8, 2023)

Norman Lear dies, aged 101

NL+backwards+on+chair+Courtesy+of+NL+pg+3_Crop.jpg

He created All in the Family, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons and Maude.

As per the condolence thread on Wednesday.
FWD.

And this relates to Morrissey how? He was just a fan? Sometimes I really don't get him anymore.

I don't think his sitcoms were particularly known in the UK?
Given his biggest hits are rewrites of Steptoe & 'till Death, it's sad Johnny Speight / Galton and Simpson aren't known better Stateside.
FWD.

It’s been a long time since I’ve watched The Jeffersons.

Jefferson’s depressed me as a kid, they had some heavy episodes, subject matter.

And this relates to Morrissey how? He was just a fan? Sometimes I really don't get him anymore.

M likes American sitcoms, Golden Girls too.

Edit: In regards to Lear’s work, I’d like to add that he probably got turned on to these shows when visiting America as a teenager, so it’s probably not a new thing for him.

Last edited:
Jefferson’s depressed me as a kid, they had some heavy episodes, subject matter.

M likes American sitcoms, Golden Girls too.

Edit: In regards to Lear’s work, I’d like to add that he probably got turned on to these shows when visiting America as a teenager, so it’s probably not a new thing for him.
I remember All in the Family reruns used to depress me so much as a kid. Just the decor. I'm sure it was good though.

sad when anyone dies,just heard ryan o neil has died,one of the great 70s actors,the driver is a great watch.
all the best ones are dead.

Last edited:
But no mention of Shane McGowan or Benjamin Zephaniah.
Morrissey Central is truly a God-awful website.

But no mention of Shane McGowan or Benjamin Zephaniah.
Morrissey Central is truly a God-awful website.
Shane McGowan grossed me out. I can't imagine going around with a mouth looking like that! All I could think was how much his teeth had to hurt.

Back
Top Bottom