Overpriced Items

The seller has a few more on there at $400+....shocking!

I don't know anything about all those "vintage" shirts, but I can say with 100% certainty that the "original" Ramones shirts from 1976 and 1978 are FAKE.

Oh I don't know, £7.99 seems fair to me.

That shirt isnt worth anything more than say $25 bucks...and thats being kind. I doubt back then, they listed the"vcrunch graphics limited" name under the collar tag, like Einstein has here? They didnt have all that back then. Unreal.....

Re: What the F**K!!

Ludicrous price for a rather nasty looking boot. Still if you don't try.

Why the inflated prices for S. Goddard's book on Amazon?!

I nabbed this book when I happened upon it some time ago during a sale at Books-A-Million (or B&N, I can't remember).
I have really enjoyed reading it, and considered getting a friend and fellow Smiths fan a copy, but the prices on Amazon are ridiculous:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905287968/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I found a book of the same name with an alternate cover on ebay for a far more reasonable price, but I am curious to know the differences before buying it there, and hopefully get some insight on why the prices are so ludicrously inflated on Amazon.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, and thanks in advance for any input you can give.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Why the inflated prices for S. Goddard's book on Amazon?!

I nabbed this book when I happened upon it some time ago during a sale at Books-A-Million (or B&N, I can't remember).
I have really enjoyed reading it, and considered getting a friend and fellow Smiths fan a copy, but the prices on Amazon are ridiculous:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1905287968/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

I found a book of the same name with an alternate cover on ebay for a far more reasonable price, but I am curious to know the differences before buying it there, and hopefully get some insight on why the prices are so ludicrously inflated on Amazon.

Sorry if this has been discussed already, and thanks in advance for any input you can give.

1st edition, out of print....book shops can make money out of hipsters.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I've got two copies. You can have one for $25 plus shipping (from the UK)

The copy on ebay has a blue cover I'm assuming. That was the first edition which contains some factual errors, the second edition has content taken form interviews with Marr.

Re: What the F**K!!

I will buy almost anything with "The Smiths" written on it if it's for a reasonable price... but that PD is f'ing ghastly to look at. That's reason enough for me to stay away.

Mhhh, Neapolitan!

Well, I wasn't really looking for someone to sell it to me... I paid less than that for my copy anyway.
My friend will just have to go without, haha.

And, yes, the one on ebay has the blue cover.

The one with Marr's contribution is miles better. Do not get the blue cover one under any circumstances, unless you want it for your collection (not worth reading, given the better version available).

It is outrageous what they charge for books these days. If you know you want something it is best to get it right after it is released because a lot of these books have small runs and end up going for a couple hundred dollars a short time later. I know Peepholism was going door several hundred dollars a few years ago. I don't know about now. It is one of my favorites but for that much money? Really? When it was in bargain bins after it was released. ugh...

It is outrageous what they charge for books these days. If you know you want something it is best to get it right after it is released because a lot of these books have small runs and end up going for a couple hundred dollars a short time later. I know Peepholism was going door several hundred dollars a few years ago. I don't know about now. It is one of my favorites but for that much money? Really? When it was in bargain bins after it was released. ugh...

Peepholism is on Amazon UK for £60. My wife is gutted that it's not worth more than she paid for it many years ago!

[h=2]smiths complete box for $1500[/h]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370561583172

Back
Top Bottom