Paris - Salle Pleyel (March 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before / Rebels Without Applause / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Without Music The World Dies (live debut) / Let Me Kiss You / The Bullfighter Dies / The Night Pop Dropped (live debut) / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of: @Like_Elvis_In_The_Movies, @Mozzer1980, Twitter, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
I groaned hearing "you don't have to send your kids to school". I love getting advice about children from non-parents. What's the alternative: home school the kids, lose your job, and consign them to destitution in a carefree Oliver Twist musical?
Acton is your middle name - you don’t waste time anymore !

I groaned hearing "you don't have to send your kids to school". I love getting advice about children from non-parents. What's the alternative: home school the kids, lose your job, and consign them to destitution in a carefree Oliver Twist musical?
The great American writer Wendell Berry once suggested to me that children are sufficiently educated after completing the 8th grade. I think this would be fine if parents actively encourage children to be intellectually curious.

The great American writer Wendell Berry once suggested to me that children are sufficiently educated after completing the 8th grade. I think this would be fine if parents actively encourage children to be intellectually curious.
and yet more than half of American adults are at/below a sixth grade reading level... makes you wonder what all this schooling is meant for

Full song , best quality ( baby j )

Come on crowd??? Sorry to be complaining here but people are not even cheering for new songs. Love the new songs!!!! So excited for this album. Sounds like a return to form for sure. Reminds me of Bona Drag. That's all I need to hear. "

Without Music is very The Loopish

First thoughts...
The night pop dropped and Without Music: instant classics.
I listened on a mobile phone, at work, with various noises around me, so I didn't listen to the words at all. I just liked the intention in the music and the melodies.
Morrissey is doing great. Since Bonfire we are in a new phase: top form. These albums, I am sure, will be among his best.
I am looking at the future.

Last edited:
Full song , best quality ( baby j )

Thanks. Can't say I'm hugely impressed on first listen. Musically it just sounds like a re-heated 'The Loop', and the lyrics and repetitive chorus aren't much to write home about. Hopefully this one will grow on me as I hear it more often. :rolleyes:

Backdrop needing identification.

View attachment 89459
That's Sammy Davis Jnr:
SDJ_HANDS_IN_FACE_BW-e1550589306440%5B1%5D_0.jpg

Of all the new songs he has debuted from the 2 unreleased albums, this one hit me immediately & I really like it; I’m already repeating the guitar line & chorus in my head. Is it an Alain co-write? It sounds more his style than Jesse’s, to me.

Can’t wait to hear some more new tracks if they’re all as good as this.
Yeah mate , it sounds like Jesse for sure , if you are talking about Without Music. It's got
his Cajon riffs - which date back to our johnny on the Strangeways LP and his love for the song Shoes.

Pop is ok as well.

The words themselves on both songs do not seem that great .
It seems like on Without Music he has just fecking expanded on his usual *being a pop star is better than anything else * childish as feck BS.
Music is great to me and it is for him but not for everyone .
Lots of people could not give two shits about pop stars these days . Lots would prefer to be Chris Rock to M
I think M has to believe whatever he has or does is the best . If anything challenges this he falls to bits . Very insecure .
Most people do not really want to be pop stars or make music most like just heating it Some of us are obsessive but we still don't want to be pop stars or we would have tried .

His voice is fire as always

On that evidence, 'Pop' seems to be another semi-interesting piece of music that he's forgotten to write a lyric for.

Sort of feel sorry for him now. He's clearly decided that there's nothing else for him in life beyond churning out songs from a lyrical well that's so dry, the stones are cracking.

No mum, no children, no causes really left to fight and a partner he doesn't feel comfortable walking within two metres of in public.

Let's hope that both unreleased albums have hidden gems that he's kept from performing so far.
I don't think having children is anything to hold against him lots of people don't have kids these days and I know a load that have who regret it . Shit mate , I often think I made a mistake not pulling out sooner . People just have to make their decisions seem worthwhile so they say the old "my kids are everything "
Deep down it's a joke for lots of us

THANK YOU Note lyric change "My stupid heart," "My ridiculous heart" ... ❤️
He's looking and sounding fabulous
wish I could be there.
So do I ! Fortunately, the new, digitized times have their few, but still advantages. So I'm watching and listening to these songs with a smile on my face in the middle of a snowy night, thinking warmly of those maniacs (in a positive way) who are now sitting on a Parisian sidewalk in queue for their second night with Morrissey.

The crowd at tonight's concert seemed as if they were barely alive and breathing.

How could people who like Morrissey enough to pay to see him and travel to the venue in order to experience his concert, all of their own volition one assumes, then act as if they were all trapped, against their wills, in a silent, dark and empty void- hearing, seeing, feeling nothing- as if Morrissey where not right there, immediately in front of them all, singing his beautiful heart out to his wonderfully emotional songs? I don't quite understand this reaction.

But then, I don't quite understand the manner in which most humans behave, especially during certain matters or in response to particular situations. Beings from my planet behave in an altogether different manners during almost all occasions. I am confused and confounded by you earth humans, especially those in this particular audience.

Oh well. It isn't the first time and won't be the last, and who cares anyway about a thing I have to say? To each his own, live and let live, and all that crap, I suppose. 🙃

He had to fill the gaps as the audience was very quiet and poor in applause. Obviously, Patis a city with a past, a history and a lot of beautiful ancient places unlike LA
Judging by the crowd, I'd rather see M in fecking LA
Paris has a past but no say in the future , LA still creates the future .
Paris is a Muslim shithole

The crowd at tonight's concert seemed as if they were barely alive and breathing.

How could people who like Morrissey enough to pay to see him and travel to the venue in order to experience his concert, all of their own volition one assumes, then act as if they were all trapped, against their wills, in a silent, dark and empty void- hearing, seeing, feeling nothing- as if Morrissey where not right there, immediately in front of them all, singing his beautiful heart out to his wonderfully emotional songs? I don't quite understand this reaction.

But then, I don't quite understand the manner in which most humans behave, especially during certain matters or in response to particular situations. Beings from my planet behave in an altogether different manners during almost all occasions. I am confused and confounded by you earth humans, especially those in this particular audience.

Oh well. It isn't the first time and won't be the last, and who cares anyway about a thing I have to say? To each his own, live and let live, and all that crap, I suppose. 🙃
Yes my friends from America went they said "mate you moan about LA crowds they are a million times better than these "
I watched some videos and agree 100%

OK, it's not the most exciting thing ever, but at least this sounds like Morrissey attempting something musically fairly different from what he's done before, so I'll give him bonus points that. And funky 70's groove at least fits his penchant for flared trousers. The better of the two new tracks, but neither of them have really blown me away on first listen.

Based on these, I'm thinking maybe 'Bonfire' will turn out to be the better of the two albums (if we ever hear it).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom