Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Moz must have had so many guns pointed at him, because he's done dozens upon dozens of interviews over the years. The oft-repeated lie that he rarely grants interviews -- "unless at gun-point" -- is sheer bollocks.

Oh my God this is soooooo LAME. Who the f*** cares? ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE THE NEW MATERIAL OR ACTUALLY SHOW UP AND PLAY A CONCERT???? AND WHY DO YOU WEAR THOSE AWFUL TROUSERS??

Poor Moz must have had so many guns pointed at him, because he's done dozens upon dozens of interviews over the years. The oft-repeated lie that he rarely grants interviews -- "unless at gun-point" -- is sheer bollocks.

Lol. This is the first time I’m hearing him say this, so I don’t think ‘oft-repeated lie’ applies. Anyway, I believe he’s speaking about not giving interviews post Der Spiegel, which doesn’t include Central,Fiona interviews. Have a good day.

Lol. This is the first time I’m hearing him say this, so I don’t think ‘oft-repeated lie’ applies. Anyway, I believe he’s speaking about not giving interviews post Der Spiegel, which doesn’t include Central,Fiona interviews. Have a good day.

Yeah. EDIT: He's only done one interview that wasn't with or filmed by SER since 2017.

I think SER needs to reconsider his strategy.

Last edited:
Yeah. He hasn't done an interview that wasn't with or filmed by SER since 2017.

I think SER needs to reconsider his strategy.

Yeah, people just need to be a little clearer when posting on the internet, that’s all. It’s not surprising that M would want it to be known publicly where he stands on the subject of giving interviews presently.

I've finally found the interview and , if I can trust the translation, what's the problem? Sounds just like the persona he chooses to share today. Clearly any interested person reading it would work out it was old (eg from the reference to the autobiography), and if not it doesn't say anything of concern. Btw, I still maintain that living in hotels all the time is not good for mental wellbeing.

True, the "at gunpoint" quip is new, but it's often been said that he "rarely" grants interviews, and anyone who's followed him over the years knows that isn't true. One of the reasons many of us fell hard for him is because of all those great interviews (mind you, they stopped being "great" a good 20 or so years ago).

Last edited:
True, the "at gunpoint" quip is new, but it's often been said that he "rarely" grants interviews, and anyone who's followed him over the years knows that isn't true. One of the reasons many of us fell hard for him is because of all those great interviews (mind you, they stopped being "great" a good 20 years or so ago).

Yeah, but that could be something the publication says in order to make it sound special, that only they were granted a rare interview.

again, post Der Spiegel, he hasn’t given any interviews where it seems he wasn’t in control of them. I think not selling as many tickets to those NYC shows was the gun pointing at him, which is why he thought the televised interview and song would help. Just speculating.

But in the end, it’s not an ‘oft-repeated lie’, from him.

Tbf - I did forget that one. But, the fact they reduced him to a Fox local is still a sign they need to change strategy.

As I said above, I think he just took the offer to help sales for those NYC shows. So, a local broadcast wasn’t too bad of a last minute strategy.

Of course with a real manager now, hopefully he’ll be making better choices in regards to promotion in general.

Yeah, but that could be something the publication says in order to make it sound special, that only they were granted a rare interview.

again, post Der Spiegel, he hasn’t given any interviews where it seems he wasn’t in control of them. I think not selling as many tickets to those NYC shows was the gun pointing at him, which is why he thought the televised interview and song would help. Just speculating.

But in the end, it’s not an ‘oft-repeated lie’, from him.
I agree with that -- it generally is the journalist (who lies! ;)) or publication that makes the "rare interview" claim. How that particular fib began, however.. I've no idea.

I agree with that -- it generally is the journalist (who lies! ;)) or publication that makes the "rare interview" claim. How that particular fib began, however.. I've no idea.

I guess a belief that it will help sales.

PSA:
If people bookmark or make a shortcut to:
Code:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/page/1
Or add "/page/1" to the morrisseycentral.com URL.
You can always get the 'latest' update to Central without going back a page and then clicking '1' etc...
As this post will get lost, David has added this link to the site's homepage.
Scroll to the bottom of 'Home'.
"Other sites" -> "Morrissey Central - Messages From Morrissey".

PSA:
If people bookmark or make a shortcut to:
Code:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/page/1
Or add "/page/1" to the morrisseycentral.com URL.
You can always get the 'latest' update to Central without going back a page and then clicking '1' etc...
As this post will get lost, David has added this link to the site's homepage.
Scroll to the bottom of 'Home'.
"Other sites" -> "Morrissey Central - Messages From Morrissey".
Sorry, don't see it.
I do see Home - Links - True to you ;)

EDIT: Found it, it's on the right, below 'recent articles'.

Sorry, don't see it.
I do see Home - Links - True to you ;)

EDIT: Found it, it's on the right, below 'recent articles'.
Apologies, I'm on mobile currently. So, phones: bottom of page 'quick links' and PC, right hand side 'quick links'.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom