Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
did this concert even take place.

I wonder what happened to make him go on so late. Seemed like at least an hour delay according to attendees. So that would make the set an hour/1 hr 10 or something like that.
Doors were supposed to be 7, then at 5to 7 it changed to 7.30 with hundreds in the queue in the rain. Good spirits though.

Moz very chatty and spoke between most songs . No shirt toss. Few got on stage.

He must be a bit posh and southern now as he said that we might see him “…on the checkouts in…Waitrose!”

Well maybe, as Bradford Boy, that’s “ More reasons to shop at Morrisons!”

Up there with one of the best Morrissey gigs. Tight set. I wasn’t keen on Notre Dame after seeing the video from the Israeli gigs but live it is fantastic and the video of the Cathedral added to the message. Afterwards, Morrissey thanked those heckling- although I didn’t hear any. I was stood in the middle near to the perimenopausal fans with their fans to cool me down. Comedy moment was when the lads smoking their pungent cannabis vape tried to chat up the sixteen year old girls next to them- to spend most of the next song apologising to their Dad stood behind! Throwing my arms around Paris was introduced with “France is at war..although they don’t know it” and the backdrop pictured. Chatted to two people whose second time it was seeing Morrissey- a Who fan and a Cornish woman from Reading. Always a friendly crowd. I’ll be at Leeds and Folkestone next in my Boxers tour T-shirt if anyone wants to ignore me.
I was on the second row and there was a heckler in the same sort of row but some metres to my left clawing his way forward, saying “You should be ashamed of yourself, you’re a disgrace!” before turning his consternation to the band and saying “And you as well, you’re all disgusting!” or something to that effect. What a moron, but it gave Moz the perfect opportunity to rebut the hecklers, saying they wouldn’t heckle if he weren’t saying something important, before coolly sliding into Irish Blood, English Heart.

Afterwards, Morrissey thanked those heckling- although I didn’t hear any.
Some crazed drunk Harpy near me at the front spent the entire gig screaming out "Palestine! Palestine!Why did you play Israel, Morrissey?!?!' between every song. Possibly he heard it.

Good, though usual, setlist. No ‘London’ or whatever ‘Headache’ is, broadly what he’s been playing for a while (like in Hammersmith) although Notre Dame was a welcome addition. No argie bargie either, save for Sweet and Tender Hooligan where a few lads invaded the stage and I got pushed several feet to the right. I would’ve joined in but I can never square invading the stage and successfully averting trampling on multiple ladies just trying to enjoy Moz. Definitely the funniest I’ve seen Moz, especially the comment about the French needing to be told they’re at war.

I was on the second row and there was a heckler in the same sort of row but some metres to my left clawing his way forward, saying “You should be ashamed of yourself, you’re a disgrace!” before turning his consternation to the band and saying “And you as well, you’re all disgusting!” or something to that effect. What a moron, but it gave Moz the perfect opportunity to rebut the hecklers, saying they wouldn’t heckle if he weren’t saying something important, before coolly sliding into Irish Blood, English Heart.
Would you be so kind to go through what other songs were played? We’re all dying to know.

I also heard a rumour of International Playboys - is that true or not?

Would you be so kind to go through what other songs were played? We’re all dying to know.
I’ll try and remember as best I can, though I won’t manage the precise order.

How Soon Is Now?
Suedehead
Our Frank
I Wish You Lonely
Girlfriend in a Coma
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Notre Dame
Irish Blood, English Heart
Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings
The Night Pop Dropped
Knockabout World
Half a Person
My Hurling Days Are Done
The Loop
Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Jack the Ripper
~~~
Sweet and Tender Hooligan

I’ll try and remember as best I can, though I won’t manage the precise order.

How Soon Is Now?
Suedehead
Our Frank
I Wish You Lonely
Girlfriend in a Coma
I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Notre Dame
Irish Blood, English Heart
Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings
The Night Pop Dropped
Half a Person
The Loop