Shannon matthews' mum

yawn.

f***ing rat. your no more than the village idiot as well. YAWN

Rat? is this Victorian Britain and nobody told me?
The reason I said yawn is because I am sick of your sentimentalist crap.
Yes the woman is scum, yes she deseves to be punished, but shouldn't you be blaming the class system in this country that has created an underclass in which people have no hope but to behave like animals in order to make ends meet?
It is a sociological problem that needs to be looked at from a socio-political point of view and not by shouting at each other.
Engage the brain from time to time, you might learn something.

Last edited:
rat? Is this victorian britain and nobody told me?
The reason i said yawn is because i am sick of your sentimentalist crap.
Yes the woman is scum, yes she deseves to be punished, but shouldn't you be blaming the class system in this country that has created an underclass in which people have no hope but to behave like animals in order to make ends meet?
It is a sociological problem that needs to be looked at from a socio-political point of view and not by shouting at each other.
Engage the brain from time to time, you might learn something.

f*** off.

What exactly happened in this case? I know she was supposedly safe the whole time.

she, her own mother had her kidnapped in an effort to claim a 50k reward. it emerged during the trial that she'd been giving shannon temazepan for nearly two years for some reason:(

I have to disagree with you there. I understand that people have to do things they wouldn't normally do in order to get by, however, there's no excuse for exploiting your children the way Shannon's mother apparently did. The fault is all her own and no one else is to blame.

She got this idea from Shameless, now, if I needed inspiration for a get-rich-quick-scheme I would not get it from Shameless, that's the last place I would get it from, I'd get mine from some show on More4, something nice and middle-class ;)

But seriously, this whole story is crazy.

I have to disagree with you there. I understand that people have to do things they wouldn't normally do in order to get by, however, there's no excuse for exploiting your children the way Shannon's mother apparently did. The fault is all her own and no one else is to blame.

I never said there was an excuse, I totally agree that the woman is scum and that she should be punished but this forum is not the Daily Mail, isn't it better to try and understand what drives ppl to commit such crimes instead of spouting moronic nonsense that won't help anyone.
But hey what do I know?

Last edited:
..isn't it better to try and understand what drives ppl to commit such crimes uinstead of spouting moronic nonsense that won't help anyone.

I wasn't saying that you were making excuses. I was just referring to you placing blame on the class system.

I wasn't saying that you were making excuses. I was just referring to you placing blame on the class system.

I stand by this notion.

I never said there was an excuse, I totally agree that the woman is scum and that she should be punished but this forum is not the Daily Mail, isn't it better to try and understand what drives ppl to commit such crimes uinstead of spouting moronic nonsense that won't help anyone.
But hey what do I know?

I'm with Jane on this one,
I don't think anyone here knows enough about this case to know the circumstances of her decision to do this, had she made different choices, been born in a different class, had a better education etc this may have not happened at all. That said, I am not justifying what she did, it was dispicable, and I am not using her social standing to excuse that, but it's silly to judge, and to use language like 'scum' about it, Jane's right, you'll sound like one of those Daily Mail readers who thinks their two-penny's-worth is invaluable and undoubtedly correct.

Back
Top Bottom