The OFFICIAL Manchester City F.C Thread

Poor Sparky. What a classless club. Sorry JJ, but it's true.

Sounds like Peter Kenyon Mark two to me. He's come accross as a prick in his justifications for sacking Hughes. Having said that, Hughes was being dragged down by that vile club. He was becoming as arrogant as their fans are becoming. Can't belive I'm saying this, but I even wanted To******m to beat them a few weeks ago!

Sounds like Peter Kenyon Mark two to me. He's come accross as a prick in his justifications for sacking Hughes. Having said that, Hughes was being dragged down by that vile club. He was becoming as arrogant as their fans are becoming. Can't belive I'm saying this, but I even wanted To******m to beat them a few weeks ago!

Wait, don't you support Chelsea?

Yes, and we all hated Kenyon as much as everyone else.

Sure, but it wasn't just Kenyon. Citeh are basically acting exactly like Chelsea acted in the first few years after the Russian billionaire took over. Making ridiculous bids for rivals players and buying everyone in sight, changing managers every couple of years. There were suddenly a hell of a lot more people in Chelsea shirts that certainly weren't wearing them before when you were a mediocre premier league team.

Sure, but it wasn't just Kenyon. Citeh are basically acting exactly like Chelsea acted in the first few years after the Russian billionaire took over. Making ridiculous bids for rivals players and buying everyone in sight, changing managers every couple of years. There were suddenly a hell of a lot more people in Chelsea shirts that certainly weren't wearing them before when you were a mediocre premier league team.

OK. fair point. Maybe because I've been supporting Chelsea since the early 80's I don't want to notice the glory hunters. Maybe some of us were that arrogant when Abramovich pitched up in the summer of 2003. We certainly weren't a mediocre premier league team when Abramovich bought us though. We finished in the top 6 in the 7 seasons preceeding him. We also won 2 FA Cups, a league cup and the European cup winners cup in those years. Hardly mediocre. We were considered as challengers for the title every season in that time. We've also been in the top league for 20 years consecutively now and never ever been out of the top two tiers in our HISTORY. Unlike another certain club I could mention.

OK. fair point. Maybe because I've been supporting Chelsea since the early 80's I don't want to notice the glory hunters. Maybe some of us were that arrogant when Abramovich pitched up in the summer of 2003. We certainly weren't a mediocre premier league team when Abramovich bought us though. We finished in the top 6 in the 7 seasons preceeding him. We also won 2 FA Cups, a league cup and the European cup winners cup in those years. Hardly mediocre. We were considered as challengers for the title every season in that time. We've also been in the top league for 20 years consecutively now and never ever been out of the top two tiers in our HISTORY. Unlike another certain club I could mention.

Yeah, my bad. Mediocre was an exaggeration. And don't get me wrong I'm not a Citeh fan it just seems to me they are following much the same path as your lot. They won't be the only ones either with big money going in to shit sides like QPR. I don't have any interractions with city fans apart from on here so I guess they don't annoy me as much as having to deal with a rise in glory-hunting "new" Chelsea fans who were popping up everywhere round North London (who also didn't know anything about their side pre-Abramovitch.)

*edit* I'm sure Spurs felt the same way when we were dominant and the amount of glory-hunters rose with our club. But, well, f*** Spurs ;)

Last edited:
Watched the game on computer..... good start by MANCini and good decision to play Robinho at home - saving Bellamy for Wolves on Monday night:thumb:
We can play Robinho at home and him be crap and still win - but not away from home:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Watched the game on computer..... good start by MANCini and good decision to play Robinho at home - saving Bellamy for Wolves on Monday night:thumb:
We can play Robinho at home and him be crap and still win - but not away from home:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Have you heard about the theory that if a manager has part of his team's name in his name, then they are destined for success, like ARSENe Wenger? Or Roberto MANCini?

Peter

Have you heard about the theory that if a manager has part of his team's name in his name, then they are destined for success, like ARSENe Wenger? Or Roberto MANCini?

Peter

Peter
A theory I shall endorse:thumb:

Jukebox Jury
PS How is the snow?:confused:

I was just frinking the players in the Man U thread, but then
someone sent me a message telling me to "stop posting on the other thread" and I got a little scurred.

Ohhh. Peenie Patrol. Maybe they're trying to kill the thread. Don't be scurred, it's just anatomy formality probably. :p

Tags
4-1 blue mooooon hammers! hardiker2-1city jj=armchair fan kyle doesnt go m/beam=armchair martinis are rad! munichmongs one back heel owen!!!!
Back
Top Bottom