What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I LOVE Lemony Snicket. Daniel Handler's novels under his own name are also excellent (despite 'Watch Your Mouth' being more than a little weird). :thumb:

I've only read all the Lemony Snicket books! I must look into his non alias books

I'm not reading many books, but atm I'm listening to the book "The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution" by Richard Dawkins. Really good.

Could never read it. It was endlessly referenced as a side note in my Social Evolution class. Having a man that looks like Bill Nye ramble on about it at 9:15AM after you stayed up all night studying for a Anthropology of Latin America midterm? No fun.

"Serious Pleasures: The Life Of Stephen Tennant"

Oedipus.

You know, the famous mythological greek story about the guy who sleeps with his mother.
Well, it's about more than that and I do not like it when the story is reduced to just that.
However, really interesting. Saw it as a theater play last week.

The Blood of Others by Simone de Beauvoir
(re-reading)

It's incredibly morbid, but in a good way.

I love that book:)

It's just after Christmas so I'm reading 'New Moon' as someone always gets a trashy novel & we all pass it around the family. I'm also reading 'Midnight's Children' by Salman Rushdie.

'Fear' by Jeff Abbott

Quite a good thriller, lots of twists and turns in each chapter.
Read a previous book of his, 'Panic' - bought on the strength of the name:thumb: for £3 at Fopp in Manchester and that too was a great read.

Jukebox Jury

George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four.
ShepardFaireyGeorgeOrwell1984.jpg

I've never had any desire to read this book, not since I tried and failed to read 'Animal Farm' when I was thirteen. But my friend would only agree to read Irvine Welsh's 'Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs' if I read his suggestion of Orwell, so here we are. :)

You're minds.

Your thinking my grammar is shit.

"Underworld" Don DeLillo (great book)

George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four.
ShepardFaireyGeorgeOrwell1984.jpg

I've never had any desire to read this book, not since I tried and failed to read 'Animal Farm' when I was thirteen. But my friend would only agree to read Irvine Welsh's 'Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs' if I read his suggestion of Orwell, so here we are. :)

That book sucks hemorrhoids

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom