Why do you think 'Years of Refusal' has been postponed?

Why do you think 'Years of Refusal's release data has been put back?

• Total voters

Maurice E

Could be a number of reasons. Let's hope it at least comes out early next year and is preceded by a top-notch single...

We will never know, it could be for personal reasons however I suppose some of the facts you posted may contribute to this decision. I mean, he must be tired after two years touring non-stop and also recording Years of Refusal. Also with Finn's illness and all the albuns coming up this fall, It seems the logical thing to do.

I have great faith in this album :guitar:

I think it may well be a good thing. In interviews Morrissey is always saying he'd changed his mind about decisions he's made in the past. You get the impression he often makes his decisions really quickly. Perhaps this will give him a bit of breathing space and let him get a bit of perspective (I'm thinking of getting rid of That's How People :D ). Of course that may work the other way and he could have lost all his enthusiasm for the album when it finally comes out and not want to tour it! :eek:

Quality can be an issue, but not coming from a record company. Those people release boatloads of crap anyway. It could perhaps be that Morrissey & artists were not happy themselves with some things (in Jerry Finn's forced absence) and decided they'd wait for another producer, or when Jerry Finn's mind is again on these things rather than on recovering.

It would be nice to have access to the current wax, and then compare it to the album that will (eventually) be released. A la Troy Tate vs. John Porter.

We'll wait and see, methinks.

could be anything - I'm more sad about the (likely) fact that we won't see any more live shows until 2009. I had hoped there would be some activity this fall/winter.

Oh well.

I'm more sad about the (likely) fact that we won't see any more live shows until 2009. I had hoped there would be some activity this fall/winter.

Oh well.

I'm holding out hope for a show or two this fall... but it's faint hope. :o

I'm really excited about the new album and I think the reasons it's being delayed have nothing to do with Decca suddenly deciding it's no good when the latest studio B-side is fantastic. I love the other new songs I've heard live... Skull and Mama are fantastic, and the more I hear it the more I love Paris too & can't wait for the studio version. I don't get why all of a sudden so many people believe some anonymous post on the main page saying Decca thinks the new album so bad it has to be redone, when 3 or 4 of the new songs which are going to be on it aren't new to us and most people seem to either like them or love them. Waiting for the fall competition to thin out in order to maximize sales is one thing, but believing that it's suddenly terrible makes no sense at all.

Me too! Gotta figure the boys in the band might like to make a little money for Christmas shopping! :D

I'm really excited about the new album and I think the reasons it's being delayed have nothing to do with Decca suddenly deciding it's no good when the latest studio B-side is fantastic. I love the other new songs I've heard live... Skull and Mama are fantastic, and the more I hear it the more I love Paris too & can't wait for the studio version. I don't get why all of a sudden so many people believe some anonymous post on the main page saying Decca thinks the new album so bad it has to be redone, when 3 or 4 of the new songs which are going to be on it aren't new to us and most people seem to either like them or love them. Waiting for the fall competition to thin out in order to maximize sales is one thing, but believing that it's suddenly terrible makes no sense at all.

It's not just the anonymous posting.
The fact that THPGU might be on the album has rung a few alarm bells.
Also, it's not that unusual for record companies to delay the release of albums if they don't think there's enough good songs. Happened before the release of 'Modern Life is Rubbish' when Albarn was told to go back and write a decent single.
If Moz now comes up with something as wonderful as 'For Tomorrow' I think we'll all be happy. Well, the Blur fans amongst us!

Anyway, FWIW, I don't think this is the reason. Expect it's mainly the autumn release schedules, and the need for new Moz material to seem fresh and eagerly anticipated, which it probably wouldn't do (so much) if it appeared in September...

I guess I just don't understand either why it's such a big deal that THPGU is/might be on YOR. I like it fine.... I think it's redundant to have it on GH & YOR, but even if it were the worst song ever it's not going to ruin the album b/c it's just 1 song.

About Decca, it would make more sense if the post said Decca US won't release it b/c the US economy is tanking with no end in sight, and since it doesn't sound like the utter drivel that's on US top 40 radio they're afraid it won't sell. That's not the same thing as saying it's suddenly a terrible album, which is what a lot of people here seem to be going along with. Personally I think it could have a lot to do with the dismal economy, and waiting is probably not a bad idea even though I'm bummed about having to wait to hear it. :(

I guess I just don't understand either why it's such a big deal that THPGU is/might be on YOR. I like it fine.... I think it's redundant to have it on GH & YOR, but even if it were the worst song ever it's not going to ruin the album b/c it's just 1 song.

About Decca, it would make more sense if the post said Decca US won't release it b/c the US economy is tanking with no end in sight, and since it doesn't sound like the utter drivel that's on US top 40 radio they're afraid it won't sell. That's not the same thing as saying it's suddenly a terrible album, which is what a lot of people here seem to be going along with. Personally I think it could have a lot to do with the dismal economy, and waiting is probably not a bad idea even though I'm bummed about having to wait to hear it. :(

well so far it's only 5 out of 33 people who think that's a reason for the postponement so it seems that the large majority of us don't feel that way.

As for THPGU, I think it's the symbolism of having it on the album that's the problem. if it's a great album with just one duff track (THPGU), then it won't be such a big deal.
but if that song is typical of what's on the album, we're in trouble!

As for THPGU, I think it's the symbolism of having it on the album that's the problem. if it's a great album with just one duff track (THPGU), then it won't be such a big deal.
but if that song is typical of what's on the album, we're in trouble!

Do you mean the symbolism of Morrisey wasting his time? What do you mean?

well so far it's only 5 out of 33 people who think that's a reason for the postponement so it seems that the large majority of us don't feel that way.
Good point. And I probably should have said "in that other thread" b/c that's what I was thinking about.

i had a morrissey dream last night,and perhaps it was actually me seeing the future,in the dream i was going to see morrissey live at the old boston opera house,and he came out with a new band,a mariachi band.
so maybe he has decided to scrap years of refusal and start over .

did icall it a dream?i should call it a nightmare.:p

i had a morrissey dream last night,and perhaps it was actually me seeing the future,in the dream i was going to see morrissey live at the old boston opera house,and he came out with a new band,a mariachi band.
so maybe he has decided to scrap years of refusal and start over .

did icall it a dream?i should call it a nightmare.:p

I had a Moz dream the other night as well and i went to see him on the 19th of October or November- can't remember the date. It was odd. I held his hand twice and he sang "Sing your life". Maybe i saw the future:D.

I had a Moz dream the other night as well and i went to see him on the 19th of October or November- can't remember the date. It was odd. I held his hand twice and he sang "Sing your life". Maybe i saw the future:D.

as long as its just "sing your life" ,when he starts whipping out other Kill Uncle "gems" i will start calling that a nightmare.:p

Back
Top Bottom