Why do you think 'Years of Refusal' has been postponed?

Why do you think 'Years of Refusal's release data has been put back?

• Total voters
It's not just the anonymous posting.

Also, it's not that unusual for record companies to delay the release of albums if they don't think there's enough good songs. Happened before the release of 'Modern Life is Rubbish' when Albarn was told to go back and write a decent single.
If Moz now comes up with something as wonderful as 'For Tomorrow' I think we'll all be happy. Well, the Blur fans amongst us!

I don't Morrissey would let the record comapny tell him to go back & write a hit. And if he did, it would probably sound like THPGU!
The one warning sign with using Modern Life Is Rubbish as an example, is that even after Albarn went back & did For Tomorrow (and Chemical World) it still sold bugger all! Speaking of record company interferance: Blur's US label at the time loved Chemical World's 'heavier' sound so much that they wanted the whole album re recorded with Butch Vig! And in the end they decided to use the softer first version of Chemical World after all!
I think it's sad that For Tomorrow was never a massive hit, it's actually my favourite song of all time.

One more thing: Blur also had the habit of hiding genius away on b-sides. Listen to Blur's 'Young & Lovely' next to Moz's 'My Dearest Love' & marvel at the stupidity of the fact they were both b-sides.

I'm holding out hope for a show or two this fall... but it's faint hope. :o

I'm really excited about the new album and I think the reasons it's being delayed have nothing to do with Decca suddenly deciding it's no good when the latest studio B-side is fantastic. I love the other new songs I've heard live... Skull and Mama are fantastic, and the more I hear it the more I love Paris too & can't wait for the studio version. I don't get why all of a sudden so many people believe some anonymous post on the main page saying Decca thinks the new album so bad it has to be redone, when 3 or 4 of the new songs which are going to be on it aren't new to us and most people seem to either like them or love them. Waiting for the fall competition to thin out in order to maximize sales is one thing, but believing that it's suddenly terrible makes no sense at all.

totally agreed.

So Kylie would have time to add her vocals to the duet that is going to rocket Morrissey back to the top of the charts.

I remember ROtT was postponed. . . went to the store and looked for about thirty minutes before an employee looked it up for me. I had thought Moz was unhappy with Decca for the Refusal release personally.

totally agreed.

Totally disagree. They could have easily moved the album up, not back. There is a definite problem with the promotion (or lack therefore) of Morrissey since joining Decca. Sanctuary was the perfect platform for him. Decca has thrown a wet blanket on the whole "Morrissey resurgence." Way to go, ass clowns.

Last edited:
Anyway, FWIW, I don't think this is the reason. Expect it's mainly the autumn release schedules, and the need for new Moz material to seem fresh and eagerly anticipated, which it probably wouldn't do (so much) if it appeared in September...

I would agree with a conventional artist, but to quote Morrissey's intercepted e-email to Merck, "My time is now and there always seems to be an excuse." I think this is a record company decision, and the two are feuding over the terrible promotion of the the past two singles. IMO, Morrissey doesn't want Decca to kill his career in the U.S. This marriage has gone south very quickly. Perhaps Morrissey thought it was Merck, but it is Decca.

I don't know about THPGU; however I strongly believe AYNIM would have been a top ten hit with Sanctuary. Their would have been digital downloads of all the songs, and most likely a two part CD single one with "Children" the other with "My Dearest Love." Not rocket science. Decca screwed the entire promotion up and now wonder why Morrisey can't sell enough albums? Morons.

"Recent over-exposure; Moz to keep a low profile til Jan"

Yeah, he's all over the airwaves in America... wtf?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom