worst Smiths/Morrissey song?

Without doubt "At Last I Am Born"

I think I have to agree. I`ve heard it live and for the first and hopefully last time I realized that I was bored during a Morrissey-concert.

Come to think of it, I had the same feeling hearing "lazy dykes" on the Quart festival in 2004.

I really don't get the hatred for "Kill Uncle." "Our Frank," "Sing Your Life," "Mute Witness," "King Leer," "There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends"...these are all great Moz songs, IMHO. The other half of the record isn't bad either.

i like Found Found Found, i think if he extended it lyrically and made a single and it could have probably had US airplay during that period. And Papa Jack is one of my favorites, definitely on my top 20 moz tracks

"Have-a-Go Merchant," "Dear God, Please Help Me," "Asian Rut," the baffling cover of "Moon River" that goes on and on and on and on...

I feel a little bit guilty sometimes, but these songs just make me cringe.

I cant believe some of the opinions on the smiths. 'boy with thorn in his side, heaven knows'..... man what ru talkin about? anyway!! as for 'golden lights', that was a cover so doesnt count, as for mozza, id say more or less all of kill uncle, sorry to the fans of that album, just dont like it at all.

I cant believe some of the opinions on the smiths. 'boy with thorn in his side, heaven knows'..... man what ru talkin about? anyway!! as for 'golden lights', that was a cover so doesnt count, as for mozza, id say more or less all of kill uncle, sorry to the fans of that album, just dont like it at all.

So right, so right.
Some guy even suggested "shoplifters" as worst song. Weirdo!!!!

I actually quite like Moonriver....

But I could skip Bengali in Platforms if it came on my mp3 player going down the road...

Interesting - I put Kill Uncle on back end of last week after not hearing it for ages. It just seems a really strange thing for Moz to have done at that point in his career given how huge he was 1987-90.

I like 'End of the family line' and 'Sing your life' but much of the album is just mediocre. The only consolation is there's only one genuinely poor song on there IMO (Harsh Truth) which is more than can be said for Maladjusted.

I cant believe some of the opinions on the smiths. 'boy with thorn in his side, heaven knows'..... man what ru talkin about? anyway!! as for 'golden lights', that was a cover so doesnt count...

"The Boy with the Thorn in His Side" is my favorite Smiths song ever, so I definitely agree with you on that one. However, I find "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" monotonous. If Moz could have come up with more than a three note melody (and yes, I realize it deviates from that pattern briefly), it might fare better with me these days...especially since I like the lyrics and backing quite a bit.

And I'd say "Golden Lights" certainly counts, as the original poster didn't specify "original song."

Back
Top Bottom