worst Smiths/Morrissey song?

I'll upload it for you in a minute.

got it thanks,
*listens intently*

hmm, you know this is the second time ive actually managed to listen to the whole song. first oen being when i MADE myself not skip it once, boy was that painful :rolleyes:
It is much much better without all that screeching, I dont hate it now, but i'll never love it.
:)

I honestly do find something to like in every Morrissey/Smiths song, but one track I find genuinely bad, in all respects, is The Slum Mums.

All The Lazy Dykes is a fine song, with a Vauxhall feel to the music and some strong, unique imagery in the lyrics. Bottom 10 or 15%? Perhaps. Dead last -- I don't think so.

Slum Mums is weak - his voice is warbly and all over the place trying to find the tune. And I add my voice to those perplexed by the ill will directed at All The Lazy Dykes. I think the coda from "free yourself..." onward is one of the best parts of YATQ

Cheers,
Jamie

I HATE 'london'
HATE IT HATE IT, cannot bear the screechyness of it,
ye si know thats not a word, but its hard to describe in mere words, if you could see my pained expression when it gets played then you'd understand, LOL
:D

Oh beehive, you ;)

All i need hear is
"Smoke
lingers round your fingers.
Train
heave on to Euston"

and i'm gone, gone, gone :)

That's going on now!

Last edited:
Smiths - Death at Ones Elbow, Golden Lights, Barbarism Begins at Home

Moz - Papa Jack (ouch!!), Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye, Ambitious Outsiders (if you're gonna do a subject like that you gotta make it damn good).

I refuse to participate in self loathing. Self loving? Sure, but I have enough of my own loathing to sit here and critique Morrissey's awesomeness. Though, I'm not a fan of America Is Not the World. Not because I'm patriotic, I just think the song sucks.

I refuse to participate in self loathing. Self loving? Sure, but I have enough of my own loathing to sit here and critique Morrissey's awesomeness. Though, I'm not a fan of America Is Not the World. Not because I'm patriotic, I just think the song sucks.

I'll agree with that (that last part ;))

I simply adore Interlude, superb cover. Both voices are lovely and you have the My Life Story ensemble in the background. Perfect in every way....

My little input on this thread:

SMITHS: Shoplifters :tears:

MOZ: Sweetie Pie :tears:

You, behave.....

I get the chill whenever I hear...

"Learn to love me
Assemble the ways
Now, today, tomorrow and always"

Oh I like some of the lyrics, particularly "I was bored before I even began", it's just I don't like the song as a whole or the awful, awful guitar solo.

... I don't think we're going to agree :o:)

Last edited:
I'm generally fond of everything The Smiths have ever done, but there are a few Smiths songs that seem a little monotonous to me:

The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now (I used to love this one, but that relentless three note melody just grates on me now)
Rusholme Ruffians (the "Rank" version is a bit better, as it at least has some dynamics)
Never Had No One Ever (it's the best of this lot, but for me, the only weak link on TQID)
Golden Lights (I used to at least like this one...now I always skip it)

When it comes to The Smiths I dont think there is one song i really dislike! The songs have helped me through some hard times so each song has something about it that i'll always remember and appriciate. When it comes to morrissey solo there are a few songs i'm not keen on:

Papa Jack
Ambitious Outsiders.

I think that many artists would struggle to write songs as good but in comparison to his other work, i dont think they match up.

So far I love all the songs you guys hate but yes there is one bad one and it's called.... drum roll.........Found Found Found!

So far I love all the songs you guys hate but yes there is one bad one and it's called.... drum roll.........Found Found Found!

That choice was on the tip of my tounge! In fact, for me the majority of Kill Uncle was much crapness.

Back
Top Bottom