Years of Refusal/ Charles Richardson

Link is broken..

Re: 2008

FYI, user Black Eyed already commented it page 34 in this thread

touché

August 22, 2008 07:00 am

Black Eyed:
Re: New album cover
I know I'm not the first to have brought this picture into the mix, but after seeing the album cover and going wow wow wow and salivating at how gorgeous Moz looks, I then sought out this picture in order to compare. I'm sure Moz had this in mind when he posed, look at the nonchalant look on Richardsons face, I think it matches quite perfectly

Re: ???

Which browser you are using?
I use Chrome, Firefox and IE (windows 7), all of them show 54 pages.

You should reboot your browser.

Firefox 6

There is nothing wrong with my browser.

I just logged out and looked at the thread, and then there are 54 pages. When logged into solo, there are 27, for me.

Last edited:

Calm down, kids. Somewhere in the settings is an option to control how many responses per page of threads. Perhaps it might be more efficient to refer to post number (top right of each post, in the brown bar)?

Calm down, kids. Somewhere in the settings is an option to control how many responses per page of threads. Perhaps it might be more efficient to refer to post number (top right of each post, in the brown bar)?

Yeah...what she said.

In the thread listing there are 5 little stars against this one. How are they attributed? Does this mean that someone likes this thread or is it that the computer knows I'm interested in it so it highlights it? Thanks for any explanation.

In response the original poster, I just listened to part of a podcast interview with Patrick O'Dell (director of the video for All You Need is Me etc.) linked to by user tomi_27 on the huge Strange/unexpected Moz references thread:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/john-doe-zine/2009/08/22/patrick-odell-from-epicly-laterd

If you listen from around 39:15 O'Dell relates an anecdote about being the original photographer for the Years of Refusal album cover. The original location where Moz was holding the baby? The beach. Seems as if Morrissey was really trying to recreate that Richardson photo he's obsessed with. The reason the photo wasn't used? I won't spoil it, but it's funny...

I don1t why Morrissey is always obsessed in making photos which remind us of skinheads or gangsters,

I don1t why Morrissey is always obsessed in making photos which remind us of skinheads or gangsters,

That's not quite true is it Raphael? The "Ringleader" photo wasn't that. Maybe if he'd had the violin in a case I would agree with you! And the photo for 'YoRR' doesn't really remind anyone of a gangster unless you know the reference.

I never understood the dedciation of 'Maladjusted' to John Bindon, but I think Morrissey likes to act tough and associate himself with the criminal class. Maybe it just underscores the lyrics "In our lifetime those who kill The news world hands them stardom".

Thanks for the link King Leer. Will listen to that later.

Back
Top Bottom