UK sales to date for Years of Refusal

Maurice E

Acccording to the current Music Week, YOR has sold 88,376 copies to date in the UK (it will get a Gold disc if it reaches 100,000). I think Who Ate Me Curry sold around 400,000 in the UK and, last I heard, Ringleader sold around 200,000...

YOR is just not strong enough...It will never be a classic Morrissey album

Well the album leaked the first week in Jan 2009 on to this site and others. Thousands would have downloaded it and never bought the album (not me) Also I think all the delays in the album didnt help. Also All you need is Me and Thats how prople grow up should never have been on the album. My prediction for the very best of Morrissey sales.........53

I don't think The Very Best Of should get a lot of sales....I really really hope it doesn't! There's just no point to another greatest hits! I just don't understand how it will bring in another audience...it won't!

I don't think The Very Best Of should get a lot of sales....I really really hope it doesn't! There's just no point to another greatest hits! I just don't understand how it will bring in another audience...it won't!

I think the idea is for it just to sit in record shops as the definitive 'best of' Morrissey collection as the previous one (to focus on the early stuff) was recently deleted.
so, the sales will probably tick over at a low level but fairly continuously.

Ahhh, too many "best of" albums! However, I do like the cover (which many people seem to despise!)
At least this is a Very Best Of album, which has a few decent tracks on it. As the Greatest Hits album.....was not a greatest hits album.

YOR is just not strong enough...It will never be a classic Morrissey album

I disagree. I think it will gather status in time. It is an exceptional album. The reasons for the poor sales are the internet leaks and lack of promotion/airplay. Timing has a lot to do with it, aswell. These days artists expect to make more money from touring than record sales (nobody buys, anymore).

Well the album leaked the first week in Jan 2009 on to this site and others. Thousands would have downloaded it and never bought the album (not me) Also I think all the delays in the album didnt help. Also All you need is Me and Thats how prople grow up should never have been on the album. My prediction for the very best of Morrissey sales.........53

Ringleader and Quarry both leaked well in advance and it didn't hurt their sales too much. One of the main problems was leading with Paris as a single...it didn't properly reflect the rest of the album.

Ringleader and Quarry both leaked well in advance and it didn't hurt their sales too much. One of the main problems was leading with Paris as a single...it didn't properly reflect the rest of the album.

Aye, I remember when a lot of us here thought "Paris" was going to be a B-side. I like the song, but it doesn't really play as single material, per se, at least to me. And of course, to release "Skull" some time later was just a perplexing move.

Aye, I remember when a lot of us here thought "Paris" was going to be a B-side. I like the song, but it doesn't really play as single material, per se, at least to me. And of course, to release "Skull" some time later was just a perplexing move.

I agree. 'Skull' had the best chart potential. Then when he DID release it, they supported it with that awful video.

Back
Top Bottom