Morrissey Central "LIFE IS NOW … IF YOU WANT IT" (August 9, 2023)

0-1.jpeg

0-5.jpeg
0-2.jpeg

0-4.jpeg
0-3.jpeg

0-6.jpeg

0-8.jpeg

0-9.jpeg

0-10.jpeg

Uncredited mock-up records & 1st montage - Ironbridge.
Uncredited 2nd montage and WMTWD center sticker - Victor Esparza.
FWD.

These mock up designs for the single are great but they're extremely annoying coming to us via central. The only thing holding him back from releasing two buried records is himself. Put your nephew to work uncle Moz and let's get a kickstarter campaign going!
Well, one buried record, since it seems Capitol own Bonfire :(

But what can this Central post mean? Shouldn't it mean he's at least thinking of self releasing?? What else can "life is now if you want it" mean in this context?

Well, one buried record, since it seems Capitol own Bonfire :(

But what can this Central post mean? Shouldn't it mean he's at least thinking of self releasing?? What else can "life is now if you want it" mean in this context?
But as far as I know Capitol only own that specific recording of the album. I believe Morrissey has the option of recording it again with his band he has now. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one. He can also leak the album, but I guess that's risky. I would love to hear the entire recording of I Am Veronica but I won't hold my breath.

It's hard to assess anything that gets posted on Central these days. That so called cryptic message could mean nothing at all.

I think messages like these from Morrissey are just to show that he notices his fans and appreciates them.

As if the keyboards had legs, got up and walked away!

Who’s playing ‘male guitar’ ? And how can you tell?
You must be new about M, another one. M has always referred to his musicians just as the instruments they play. But I get it, oh phoney.

Can you post mock ups that imply contractual relationships if they don’t actually exist?
It's fraudulent and he is using a logo I assume he does not have permission to use. This is not new for him tho, he's stolen ideas from fans and made tshirts out of them. RCA probably does not think he's worth the bother.

But as far as I know Capitol only own that specific recording of the album. I believe Morrissey has the option of recording it again with his band he has now. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that one. He can also leak the album, but I guess that's risky. I would love to hear the entire recording of I Am Veronica but I won't hold my breath.

It's hard to assess anything that gets posted on Central these days. That so called cryptic message could mean nothing at all.
Unless there has been something specifically written into the contract then he should be able to re-record. He clearly has enough ownership to perform them live or he wouldn’t be doing it.

This may or may not upset the musicians and guest vocalists who contributed to the first version of the album though, they obviously wouldn’t get any performance royalties.

Maybe he can, but... he's already said he won't self-release... so without a record contract, we'd have a re-recorded BOT and WMTWD... both unreleased.

Last edited:
I think messages like these from Morrissey are just to show that he notices his fans and appreciates them.

But not enough to credit the sources or give any context to the posts. If you read through this thread his fans feel more frustrated than appreciated by posts like this.

But not enough to credit the sources or give any context to the posts. If you read through this thread his fans feel more frustrated than appreciated by posts like this.
I just like that he’s in a good mood, having fun, and sharing the fun with us.

The sex of the guitarists has nothing to do with anything. If the band doesn’t gel then they don’t gel and the sound will suffer. End of.

I can understand Moz's romantic attachment to the good old days of record labels but he has got to realise surely that those days are gone? The long march of woke through the universities, the schools, the public sector, and now the private sector, is visible for all to see. It's over for Moz in terms of signing a deal with a major label.
To be honest I think he is slowly starting to realise that. My guess is we are going to see Without Music self released in some way as part of the 40 Years of Morrissey world tour. There will never be a more opportune moment to try the self release route than 2023.

He's a militant vegan who made up his own labels for his sexuality & gender.

He can get a record deal.

He just needs to lose some very bad people on the right.

Didn’t his mother die 3 years ago this week?
It’s a good thing that he’s taking the entire month off.

And what was the ethos of Morrissey’s band when Alain and Boz were in it? How is that different than the ethos of the band now?And how or why has that ethos changed with the contribution of two new musicians that happen to be women?

You must be a new generation fan for sure if you have to ask that question!
Watch and listen very closely to this version of Suedehead!

Can you not hear the contrasting guitar parts? (Boz in left speaker and Alain in the right!)
Can you not hear the musical dynamics?
Can you not hear those melodic melodies and colorful guitar tones?
Can you not hear those added backup vocals?
Notice the lack of power chords played on the guitar?

Now go watch a live 2023 version of Suedehead or any song with this new "Band" lineup!
Compare and contrast!

Long time fans are upset because MOZ lyrics/songs used to be as complex and deep as the music backing it! This is due to the craftsmanship and musicianship from his former band/song writing collaborators! (Alain W. & Boz B. ...hell even Johnny M.)

It has nothing to do with the new members being women, it comes down to musicianship!

I bet complex music and melodies allow MOZ to be inspired to write deeper and more complex lyrics!

MOZ is vocally more powerful than ever and we want him to have a band that can strengthen and support that power!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom