Memphis, TN - Graceland Soundstage (Oct. 14, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / Speedway / How Soon Is Now? / I Wish You Lonely / Let Me Kiss You / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Half A Person / The Loop / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack the Ripper // We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

Setlist courtesy of @Marsadjusted, anon & FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many songs. And he wheels out a cover that’s been done to death. But as sure as night follows day, it’s a fantastic song. It matters not what gets sung, or how, it’s bloody fantastico, in the bubble of gordyboy9.
well its one of the few songs elvis wrote and M certainly has the voice to carry the song,
infact when he first covered it and it appeared on youtube elvis fans were really pleased with his version.
it was in graceland,hes a fan,of course hes going to do a tribute.

Last edited:
Note:
Another setlist.fm genius has taken my collation of things definitely known to be played via evidence and put them up as a setlist - defeating the object of us checking their site for a definitive order by an attendee (you know: like that site is meant to work).
👏 Well done 👏

So, full set list apart from sequence between first and last:

You'll Be Gone /

Suedehead
Alma Matters
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Irish Blood, English Heart
Girlfriend In A Coma
Speedway
How Soon Is Now?
I Wish You Lonely
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Darling, I Hug A Pillow
The Loop
Let Me Kiss You
Half A Person
Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings
Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?
Jack The Ripper

// We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful

regarding his trousers,neil from the young ones would be delighted.
if your going to the shops for a loaf theyr not great,if your on-stage in front of a few thousand peole theyr great,you dont only have to sing like a star you have to look like a star.vivamozzinflares.

Those trousers again.
1697389662344.png

That went well enough to say, 'booyah'!

The origination of which is suggested, in a profile of an Irish language teacher in this weekend's Irish times:
"There are beautiful insights into how Irish has affected other languages too. We have words we never knew came from Irish, such as to “sup” a drink or to “have a puss on your face” if you are grumpy.

Ali G [the comedian Sasha Baron Coen] used to say the Jamaican Patois expression “Booyakasha”. He said it meant, “praise be, glory be, power to you”. There is a theory linguistically that it comes from “Buíochas le Dia”.
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-sty...ense-of-resentment-there-isnt-a-sense-of-joy/

I haven’t had time to watch all these clips yet but this cover of You’ll Be Gone will never get old. It’s such a great choice, and it’s absolutely the right song, and it sounds better and better every time. Love it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom