The new Morrissey album - what do we actually know about it?

I heard it was a gangsta rap album with polka flourishes.

I heard it was a folksong album with Irish influences and Kletchmer instrumentation.
That Boz guy can play anything! :squiffy:

I take it back. That Moz movie is so dreadfully bad and boring that maybe it is BAD publicity. That has to be about the worse movie ever made.

So it's called 'Low in High School' and it's out November 17th.
That's the week after new Taylor Swift album which pretty much means no chance of a number one (at least in UK).
Swift will prob sell several hundred thousand in week 1 and over 100,000 in week 2. Even if Morrissey has a very successful (radio airplay) lead single, the album would struggle to shift 50,000.

That's the week after new Taylor Swift album which pretty much means no chance of a number one (at least in UK).
Swift will prob sell several hundred thousand in week 1 and over 100,000 in week 2. Even if Morrissey has a very successful (radio airplay) lead single, the album would struggle to shift 50,000.

Yes but don't forget to also factor into the equation that the music industry big wigs, royal family, government, James Bond etc will all be colluding to keep Steve off the number one spot as well :rolleyes:

#still relevant 58 live
#swiss cheese

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The hyphen between High and School that you forgot, no offense, but it will make all the difference.
Taylor who? I don't care. Moz apparently neither. I want that new album.
Maybe he has settled for his niche market being the ultimate cult-icon of pop music and can have a decent living from it? :p

It's called 'Low in High-School' and this has been confirmed on BMG site and Morrissey's Facebook page which Morrissey is now involved with.

So a very old man still sings about teenage problems it seems. Not like adult life is worth singing about anyway. Somehow trips to Tesco and driving kids to and from school doesn't exactly inspire great poems that you can sing.

I have no news on the album but I know he has decided to use this song and a yet unknown video to accompany it as encore at Hollywood Bowl.

He happened to see the new Hyundai commercial using it and just felt the song was perfect.

So a very old man still sings about teenage problems it seems. Not like adult life is worth singing about anyway. Somehow trips to Tesco and driving kids to and from school doesn't exactly inspire great poems that you can sing.

Middle aged I'd say. At his strongest. :brows:
It can seem but we don't know yet if it is about teenage problems. High-School can mean something else in Moz language. But even if it does it is one of his artistic merits to be able to shed his personal Moz view on it in a surprising way, a different take, a humorous one, a tragic one, an almost sociological one. If he is inspired to do so, and if the music "fits".
Just like he did with "Staircase At The University".
I agree with you the words "adult life" doesn't get me excited in any poetic way and to sing about it, mwahh.
But you might be surprised by Moz!
I think he is even capable of that! :thumb:

Middle aged I'd say. At his strongest. :brows:
It can seem but we don't know yet if it is about teenage problems. High-School can mean something else in Moz language. But even if it does it is one of his artistic merits to be able to shed his personal Moz view on it in a surprising way, a different take, a humorous one, a tragic one, an almost sociological one. If he is inspired to do so, and if the music "fits".
Just like he did with "Staircase At The University".
I agree with you the words "adult life" doesn't get me excited in any poetic way and to sing about it, mwahh.
But you might be surprised by Moz!
I think he is even capable of that! :thumb:

Sensible Steven strikes again!

Well done, Sir!

The hyphen between High and School that you forgot, no offense, but it will make all the difference.
Taylor who? I don't care. Moz apparently neither. I want that new album.
Maybe he has settled for his niche market being the ultimate cult-icon of pop music and can have a decent living from it? :p

Morrissey doesn't care about getting a number 1 album? You are clearly new to his world! Nothing would mean more to him.
The T Swift album info came a few days after Morrissey's so he (and his record company) wouldn't have known. Wouldn't be surprised if they change the date.
Yes, he's used a hyphen but it looks clumsy and doesn't need to be there. Fingers crossed, it's not too late to remove...

Morrissey doesn't care about getting a number 1 album? You are clearly new to his world! Nothing would mean more to him.
The T Swift album info came a few days after Morrissey's so he (and his record company) wouldn't have known. Wouldn't be surprised if they change the date.
Yes, he's used a hyphen but it looks clumsy and doesn't need to be there. Fingers crossed, it's not too late to remove...

Hopefully the hyphen and the Nov 17 release did will remain. Not clumsy at all.

really? I think it needs MORE hyphens. Something like this... Low-In-High-School , that would be better. Or maybe... *^Lo$w-In#High---!(s(o0L , that would be cool, or :screamcat::koala:Low:skis::moyai::videogame: In-:oops: Hig:hearteyecat:h Sch--L. Or just.... - . The possibilities are endless !

If he was really that interested in a number one he'd be doing interviews all over the place to promote it. It means something to him but I dont know how much

Of course I knew about his obsession for years getting a number 1 record, being it a single or an album.
In fact, I'm glad he didn't cause suppose he had, lets say a number 1 record in the States, single and albumcharts, already many years ago, it could have a devastating effect on his motivation and we'd probably didn't have a lot of the beautiful music we have now.

Many of the bands, singers, pop groups that had massive success in terms of charting never released interesting, inspiring music, after that. I could give you enough examples, but that is just my personal opinion.
I hope he gets a number 1 record, with his last album or single, when he is 85 or something around that age.
Until then I want as many music, albums, singles, world tours as possible.
In the end, success chartwise kills the inspiration, the motivation.
I am very selfish, I know.

The hyphen could be clumsy as you said, but I don't think so.
In could be clumsy on purpose.:rolleyes:

really? I think it needs MORE hyphens. Something like this... Low-In-High-School , that would be better. Or maybe... *^Lo$w-In#High---!(s(o0L , that would be cool, or :screamcat::koala:Low:skis::moyai::videogame: In-:oops: Hig:hearteyecat:h Sch--L. Or just.... - . The possibilities are endless !

Your verbal diarrhoea is f***ing endless.

Of course I knew about his obsession for years getting a number 1 record, being it a single or an album.
In fact, I'm glad he didn't cause suppose he had, lets say a number 1 record in the States, single and album charts, already many years ago, it could have a devastating effect on his motivation and we'd probably didn't have a lot of the beautiful music we have now.
Many of the bands, singers, pop groups that had massive success in terms of charting never released interesting, inspiring music, after that. I could give you enough examples, but that is just my personal opinion. I hope he gets a number 1 record, with his last album or single, when he is 85 or something around that age.
Until then I want as many music, albums, singles, world tours as possible.
In the end, success chartwise kills the inspiration, the motivation. I am very selfish, I know.
The hyphen could be clumsy as you said, but I don't think so.
In could be clumsy on purpose.:rolleyes:

Guessing you are non-UK based because he's already had several number 1 albums over here. At least two with the Smiths (a studio one and a best-of) and three as solo (Viva, Vauxhall, Ringleader) so a #1 is really more of an expectation than a fantasy. His stock remains pretty high in the media and, if reviews are good and a single gets decent airplay (Radio 2 often puts them on their a-list) he will feel he's got a good chance. The UK sales he's likely to get (30,000-50,000) would mean #1 much of the year but no chance the second week after a T Swift album is released.

Back
Top Bottom