Adelaide, Australia - Thebarton Theatre (Oct. 26, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Istanbul / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / The Bullfighter Dies / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / You Have Killed Me / Irish Blood, English Heart // What She Said

setlist provided by Jott Scones.

• Photo from animallib / Instagram. Link posted by lanterns.

39293_adelaide_animal_liberation.jpg

Thank you to #Morrissey for having his 5 band members wear our @animallib tees at his latest show! "This beautiful creature must die, a death for no reason, and death for no reason is murder" - Morrissey, #TheSmiths #MorrisseyTour2016

Last edited:
Why is he saying I'm not sorry to Adelaide? :confused:
What has he done now, for God sake? :confused:
And who is this woman? :confused:

Check this out Quando interesting mystery Diana Dors left her Son after her death :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

The Secret Fortune of Diana Dors
Getty Images / Silver Screen Collection
THE SECRET FORTUNE OF DIANA DORS

By: Linnea Crowther

12 months ago

Three decades after her death, British actress and sex symbol Diana Dors lacks the enduring star power of her contemporary, Marilyn Monroe - the American counterpart to whom she was often compared. Monroe is still known far and wide, idolized by young women whose mothers may not have even been born at the time of her 1962 death. She's the subject of biopics and retrospectives, a source of endless fascination in a world where we prick up our ears at any newly discovered behind-the-scenes photo or bit of gossip about her private life. Not so Diana Dors, the British Marilyn Monroe – she didn't maintain the everlasting fame Monroe gained after her death.

But Dors has one thing that Monroe doesn't: a tantalizing mystery following her beyond the grave. According to Dors' son, she left a 2 million-pound fortune – the equivalent of about $6 million in today's dollars – when she died in 1984. But she didn't draw up a clear will, divvying the money up among her three children. Instead, she hid it and left behind a fiendishly challenging cipher intended to reveal its whereabouts. It's a code that has yet to reveal its secrets.

Dors got her start acting in her native England, then crossed the pond for a minor film career in Hollywood. As her ingénue status faded, she matured into a later career that featured cabaret performances, game show appearances and guest turns on chat shows. She offered diet advice, recorded an exercise VHS and starred in a 1981 music video with Adam and the Ants. Her three marriages – one to game show host and Hogan's Heroes star Richard Dawson – yielded three sons as well as never-ending scandal, centered on her penchant for throwing decidedly adult-themed parties. Some remember Dors primarily for those parties, but others are more fascinated with the story that began to unfold shortly before her death.

Mark Dawson, one of Dors' two sons with the Family Feud star, has pursued a life and career in Hollywood, working behind the scenes at TV shows and managing bands. Half a world away from his famous mother, he didn't see her often, until a 1982 Dors-centered episode of This Is Your Life, when the two were brought together for the first time in four years. After the show was filmed, Dors turned her greatest secret over to her son.

What she gave Dawson was a piece of paper, with a line of odd symbols above columns of letters arranged in five-letter strings. She said it was half of a secret code, and her third husband, Alan Lake, held the other half. When the two halves were put together, they'd reveal the location of her fortune. Locations, actually – she had spread the money out in banks across Europe, cleverly hidden from all except the person who cracked the code.

A bemused Dawson accepted his mother's odd note, and when he left England to go home to California, he left her behind for the last time. She died before they could meet again, and her small estate was nothing like the promised fortune - only about 2,000 pounds, or just a few thousand dollars. Lake, devastated by his wife's death and sinking into a deep depression, was in no shape for code breaking, and Dawson didn't pester his stepfather in his time of grief. But then time ran out: Five months after Dors died, Lake killed himself.

No matching code was evident among the belongings of Lake's estate. His son with Dors, Jason Lake, noted that he once saw something among his father's papers that looked like the code held by Dawson, but he had no idea where it ended up after his father's death. The secret that was supposed to have been revealed after Dors' death seems to have gone to the grave with Lake.

In the years since Dors' and Lake's deaths, Dawson consulted with cryptologists to attempt to crack the code. He's made progress: A key to his half of the code was discovered and the code broken, leading to one of Dors' bank statements. But the trail went cold there. If there really is money to be found – which some dispute, thinking it was just a publicity bid on Dors' part – the missing companion code, once held by Lake, may be what reveals its location.

Is the money really out there, earning interest for the past three decades as it languishes in any number of banks? Is Lake's half of the code right under the noses of Dors' loved ones, or was it lost, destroyed or even victim of a mundane fate like the recycling bin? Did the second half of the code exist at all, and is there really a fortune to be found? We may never find out, but Dors' loved ones and fans are bound to keep pursuing the mystery until the last stone is turned.

TWEET

EMAIL

OBITUARIESFUNERAL HOMESNEWSPAPERSSEND FLOWERSNEWS & ADVICEMEMORIALS
ABOUT USCAREERSNEWS & PRESSCONTACT USFAQPRIVACY POLICYTERMS OF USE

©2016 Legacy.com. All rights reserved.

Nice. But wasn't there a curtain between biz class and economy?
(Apologies for assuming 3 poor Moz fans wouldn't be in business!)

Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Myself and two other Mozziphiles were amazed to find ourselves on the same plane as the Supreme Commander in Charge. Such a lovely polite, well dressed chap. I may or may not have a video of him returning to his seat after a wee. Says more about me than anything else.

Anyway- the concert was really cool, loads upon loads of very eager people. Irish Blood tore the roof off. His comments were delightfully awkward and the audience grateful and attentive. His strength, apart from his voice and artistry generally, is his genuineness - his comments are clearly unrehearsed/not rehashed and from the moment.

Check this out Quando interesting mystery Diana Dors left her Son after her death :thumb:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

The Secret Fortune of Diana Dors
Getty Images / Silver Screen Collection
THE SECRET FORTUNE OF DIANA DORS

By: Linnea Crowther

12 months ago

Three decades after her death, British actress and sex symbol Diana Dors lacks the enduring star power of her contemporary, Marilyn Monroe - the American counterpart to whom she was often compared. Monroe is still known far and wide, idolized by young women whose mothers may not have even been born at the time of her 1962 death. She's the subject of biopics and retrospectives, a source of endless fascination in a world where we prick up our ears at any newly discovered behind-the-scenes photo or bit of gossip about her private life. Not so Diana Dors, the British Marilyn Monroe – she didn't maintain the everlasting fame Monroe gained after her death.

But Dors has one thing that Monroe doesn't: a tantalizing mystery following her beyond the grave. According to Dors' son, she left a 2 million-pound fortune – the equivalent of about $6 million in today's dollars – when she died in 1984. But she didn't draw up a clear will, divvying the money up among her three children. Instead, she hid it and left behind a fiendishly challenging cipher intended to reveal its whereabouts. It's a code that has yet to reveal its secrets.

Dors got her start acting in her native England, then crossed the pond for a minor film career in Hollywood. As her ingénue status faded, she matured into a later career that featured cabaret performances, game show appearances and guest turns on chat shows. She offered diet advice, recorded an exercise VHS and starred in a 1981 music video with Adam and the Ants. Her three marriages – one to game show host and Hogan's Heroes star Richard Dawson – yielded three sons as well as never-ending scandal, centered on her penchant for throwing decidedly adult-themed parties. Some remember Dors primarily for those parties, but others are more fascinated with the story that began to unfold shortly before her death.

Mark Dawson, one of Dors' two sons with the Family Feud star, has pursued a life and career in Hollywood, working behind the scenes at TV shows and managing bands. Half a world away from his famous mother, he didn't see her often, until a 1982 Dors-centered episode of This Is Your Life, when the two were brought together for the first time in four years. After the show was filmed, Dors turned her greatest secret over to her son.

What she gave Dawson was a piece of paper, with a line of odd symbols above columns of letters arranged in five-letter strings. She said it was half of a secret code, and her third husband, Alan Lake, held the other half. When the two halves were put together, they'd reveal the location of her fortune. Locations, actually – she had spread the money out in banks across Europe, cleverly hidden from all except the person who cracked the code.

A bemused Dawson accepted his mother's odd note, and when he left England to go home to California, he left her behind for the last time. She died before they could meet again, and her small estate was nothing like the promised fortune - only about 2,000 pounds, or just a few thousand dollars. Lake, devastated by his wife's death and sinking into a deep depression, was in no shape for code breaking, and Dawson didn't pester his stepfather in his time of grief. But then time ran out: Five months after Dors died, Lake killed himself.

No matching code was evident among the belongings of Lake's estate. His son with Dors, Jason Lake, noted that he once saw something among his father's papers that looked like the code held by Dawson, but he had no idea where it ended up after his father's death. The secret that was supposed to have been revealed after Dors' death seems to have gone to the grave with Lake.

In the years since Dors' and Lake's deaths, Dawson consulted with cryptologists to attempt to crack the code. He's made progress: A key to his half of the code was discovered and the code broken, leading to one of Dors' bank statements. But the trail went cold there. If there really is money to be found – which some dispute, thinking it was just a publicity bid on Dors' part – the missing companion code, once held by Lake, may be what reveals its location.

Is the money really out there, earning interest for the past three decades as it languishes in any number of banks? Is Lake's half of the code right under the noses of Dors' loved ones, or was it lost, destroyed or even victim of a mundane fate like the recycling bin? Did the second half of the code exist at all, and is there really a fortune to be found? We may never find out, but Dors' loved ones and fans are bound to keep pursuing the mystery until the last stone is turned.

TWEET

EMAIL

OBITUARIESFUNERAL HOMESNEWSPAPERSSEND FLOWERSNEWS & ADVICEMEMORIALS
ABOUT USCAREERSNEWS & PRESSCONTACT USFAQPRIVACY POLICYTERMS OF USE

©2016 Legacy.com. All rights reserved.

Thanks very much BrummieBoy,
Very interesting story.
Was Diana Dors her real name?
I know Marilyn Monroe was a fictional name.
Was it on purpose the D D ?
Just like the M M ?
Some kind of alliteration?
And no offence to people who like Marilyn but my God, Diana Dors, what a dream! :love: :tiphat:

Thanks very much BrummieBoy,
Very interesting story.
Was Diana Dors her real name?
I know Marilyn Monroe was a fictional name.
Was it on purpose the D D ?
Just like the M M ?
Some kind of alliteration?
And no offence to people who like Marilyn but my God, Diana Dors, what a dream! :love: :tiphat:

BrummieBoy ? W T F !

BtBB :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

BrummieBoy ? W T F !

BtBB :greatbritain::knife::jackolantern:

Jesus, I'm sorry, it has to do with autocorrection and getting it mixed up cause your name and BrummieBoy have the same BB's in it. f***, why this happened to me.
And why now? :sick:

http://eveningharold.com/2014/12/02/morrissey-admits-he-likes-bacon/

Morrissey admits he likes bacon

Morrissey sneaking to the shops to buy bacon

Controversial pop icon and vegetarian activist Morrissey admits he likes bacon, and says he not only has regular fry-ups for breakfast but also the occasional bacon buttie for lunch.

Morrissey made the startling admission backstage after his recent sell-out (in the number of seats sold sense) concert at O2 Arena.

“People are always asking vegetarians how we can live without bacon, well the truth is we can’t” confessed Morrissey. “It’s so f**king tasty. If Johnny Marr was made entirely of bacon, I’d never have left the Smiths.”

Morrissey said he never sought to mislead anyone, and true fans would surely have noticed there was no mention of bacon anywhere in the “Meat is Murder” lyrics.

“I talked about ‘the calf you carve with a smile’ and ‘the turkey you festively slice’ but said nothing about bacon. In fact I’ve only ever had positive things to say about bacon” said Morrissey.

“‘How Soon is Now’ is actually about craving bacon, ‘Panic’ was inspired by a day when I suddenly realised there was no bacon in the fridge, and ‘The Queen is Dead’ is also a dark, somewhat twisted ode to bacon.”

Morrissey also opened up about other areas of his life, including the vexed question of his sexuality.

“At various stages of my life I’ve been gay, straight, and I’ve had long periods of celibacy. But these are just labels – I’d sleep with absolutely anyone as long as they cook me a fry-up of bacon in the morning.”

http://eveningharold.com/2014/12/02/morrissey-admits-he-likes-bacon/

Morrissey admits he likes bacon

Morrissey sneaking to the shops to buy bacon

Controversial pop icon and vegetarian activist Morrissey admits he likes bacon, and says he not only has regular fry-ups for breakfast but also the occasional bacon buttie for lunch.

Morrissey made the startling admission backstage after his recent sell-out (in the number of seats sold sense) concert at O2 Arena.

“People are always asking vegetarians how we can live without bacon, well the truth is we can’t” confessed Morrissey. “It’s so f**king tasty. If Johnny Marr was made entirely of bacon, I’d never have left the Smiths.”

Morrissey said he never sought to mislead anyone, and true fans would surely have noticed there was no mention of bacon anywhere in the “Meat is Murder” lyrics.

“I talked about ‘the calf you carve with a smile’ and ‘the turkey you festively slice’ but said nothing about bacon. In fact I’ve only ever had positive things to say about bacon” said Morrissey.

“‘How Soon is Now’ is actually about craving bacon, ‘Panic’ was inspired by a day when I suddenly realised there was no bacon in the fridge, and ‘The Queen is Dead’ is also a dark, somewhat twisted ode to bacon.”

Morrissey also opened up about other areas of his life, including the vexed question of his sexuality.

“At various stages of my life I’ve been gay, straight, and I’ve had long periods of celibacy. But these are just labels – I’d sleep with absolutely anyone as long as they cook me a fry-up of bacon in the morning.”

:ha-no::ha-no::ha-no:
:ha-no::ha-no::ha-no:
:angry::angry::angry:

Back
Top Bottom