Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
No idea. Most of them are fairly new material which I guess is the point you're trying to make. I'm only interested in how many times we HAVEN'T heard certain deep cuts and some of his best tracks live, and the fact we likely never will.

Yes I could see some folks in US,UK being disappointed. But he can’t please everyone.
Though what I’m saying is that people at tonight’s show probably haven’t see him in a while, and would be appreciative of any set he chooses to do.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.
Great set and stayed out of the political circus.the main thing everyone enjoyed, voice better than ever.
Slippers and pipe put away for another while

Girl from Telavive would be a hit. Don’t even mention “Israel” . I’d play all LIHS and call it a day

plenty of new stuff in there,dont understand why people only want to hear old songs.
notre dame was the name of my high school,hopefully it will be decent.
looked like a very nice day for an open air concert,songs sung in the sun.

No idea. Most of them are fairly new material which I guess is the point you're trying to make. I'm only interested in how many times we HAVEN'T heard certain deep cuts and some of his best tracks live, and the fact we likely never will.
in the john wilson interview he said there are songs he will never sing again,could be sentimental or just his voice isnt suited to the songs anymore.

hey hey hey, what are ya saying?

(y) (y) (y)
Ha! Don’t read too much into that. I’m pretty certain I’ve read here and/or elsewhere that Juan seems to have some scheduling conflicts with his other band(s). Doesn’t mean that’s reliable info. Brendan seems to be in high demand, as well. So, who knows? I REALLY don’t have any info to suggest there is a planned imminent departure for either.
Personally (again, total speculation), I wouldn’t be surprised if come next year there is a completely new band (aside from Jesse). Assuming there are going to be dates next year. The best thing Moz could do is take some time to think about what he really wants to accomplish and proceed accordingly. Maybe he’s totally cool with things as they are and will plow forward. And that’s his prerogative. It’s his career and in spite of the criticisms (justified or not), he is still going after all these years, fortunately.

That's a solid 8/10 setlist, for me. I just wish he could stretch these shows out for another 20 mins (four or five songs) or so but if he can't, he can't.

Darn it, I was hoping to see more footage of this concert. Guess I'll keep checking YouTube and here.

Yes I could see some folks in US,UK being disappointed. But he can’t please everyone.
Though what I’m saying is that people at tonight’s show probably haven’t see him in a while, and would be appreciative of any set he chooses to do.

That's very true. We complainers are spoiled by gigs in UK/US, so that makes sense.

I’m not exactly the world’s biggest optimist, but to be fair, the band had to learn up dozens and dozens of songs prior to the last couple of tours starting in Vegas. Give the new players some time and maybe M will feel more comfortable playing different stuff assuming they will be required to do the same. I’m sure they’re more than capable, given time.
Sure, I think this it's reasonable in these circumstances that there haven't been wholesale changes to the setlist. Plus 99% of the audience in Israel won't have travelled abroad to see the most recent tour dates in other countries, so it will all be pretty fresh to them.

That said, I hope we get a few more changes by the time the tour hits the UK, as a lot of it is the same material as last time he played here.

More or less what I expected it to be about.
Hope the music is better. Isn’t this a song written by Alain?

The song is available in full on the "Sweet and tender hooligans" Facebook group - perhaps someone is able to share it on here too

Generally quite a repetitive track with some matching string bends from Jessie, and a run of new background videos that feel like stock images but were probably shot by the nephew

The whole stage and band setup gives pretty odd vibes, but perhaps the new lineup is just settling in

Last edited:
Wow, what a garbage set! I hope the locals enjoyed it, but imagine traveling for this? Is this what "40 Years of Morrissey" amounts to? How lazy, what a bore fest.

The Cure are out there playing 3 hour shows, filled with deep cuts and crowd pleasers, Morrissey can barely squeeze out 80 minutes of his tired, snooze fest of a set. Stick a fork in him already.

Back
Top Bottom