Brisbane - Fortitude Music Hall (Dec. 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of anonymous.

Last edited:
I chose the best photo from the photos Trina took in Brisbane .

9.jpg

I can't remember the exact words, but didn't mention it when he was "interviewed" by his nephew?.

Ah yes. But does it really answer ( what I think is a) contradiction? I don’t think so.

SAM:
You sing 'I apologize, I grew old' - is this how you feel personally?

M:
A little, but this is because people often forget that I am actually 62 and not 27, and obviously the body changes every seven years and there's nothing you can do about it. You must just accept it. The awkward aspect is that we all stay the same age inside till the day we die.

SAM:
Is this why you no longer do photo sessions?

M:
Not necessarily. I've never thought I looked particularly good, and I'm not here for my looks. As you age the body goes wrong. It's nothing to do with me, and you can't pretend what is happening isn't happening. I woke up one day and had Robert Mitchum's chest. I have no idea how that happened. But would I want to look like a skinny adolescent? That would be horrifying.

Ah yes. But does it really answer ( what I think is a) contradiction? I don’t think so.

SAM:
You sing 'I apologize, I grew old' - is this how you feel personally?

M:
A little, but this is because people often forget that I am actually 62 and not 27, and obviously the body changes every seven years and there's nothing you can do about it. You must just accept it. The awkward aspect is that we all stay the same age inside till the day we die.

SAM:
Is this why you no longer do photo sessions?

M:
Not necessarily. I've never thought I looked particularly good, and I'm not here for my looks. As you age the body goes wrong. It's nothing to do with me, and you can't pretend what is happening isn't happening. I woke up one day and had Robert Mitchum's chest. I have no idea how that happened. But would I want to look like a skinny adolescent? That would be horrifying.

I think that last observation about not wanting to look like a skinny adolescent was a dig at Johnny Marr.

He was witty but definitely sounds "refreshed."

The keyboards really strangle "Let Me Kiss You" these days, don't they?

He was witty but definitely sounds "refreshed."

The keyboards really strangle "Let Me Kiss You" these days, don't they?

Yeah Gustavo has been sorely missed this year!
With the newly added mediocre guitar player and keyboardist the live sound has really suffered this year. Its a major reason the setlist has been so static and no new songs are added, the current band just doesn't have the skill level to learn and play them. Long time and hardcore fans have noticed the live musical decline more than new fans or fans that never seen MOZ live before.

Sadly just wait till this band butchers more Quarry songs next month.
Its a shame because MOZ has never been more vocally powerful!

We left because of the insane queuing. The venue was way too small. Literally a 1k stationary queue at 6:30. They wouldn’t open a second earlier than 7:30. We stood in the queue onto Wickham st inhaling traffic fumes for 20 mins. Gave up and left. Came back around 7:20 after they’d opened the doors and still a snails pace queue. Left. Disgusted he gets a venue like this. He would fill the arena easy.

We left because of the insane queuing. The venue was way too small. Literally a 1k stationary queue at 6:30. They wouldn’t open a second earlier than 7:30. We stood in the queue onto Wickham st inhaling traffic fumes for 20 mins. Gave up and left. Came back around 7:20 after they’d opened the doors and still a snails pace queue. Left. Disgusted he gets a venue like this. He would fill the arena easy.
That makes so sense at all 😂

There's no reason to queue for the FMH.
Just go to one of the hundreds of nearby bars and wait in the AC until it opens.
I walked in at 8:30 and got a spot near the side of the stage

I keep refreshing youtube in searching for footage from the gig, and an advert for a suicide crisis line comes up every time I refresh. I clicked on a link to ask why I was seeing that, and google said that it’s because of the subject matter I’m searching for. So, if you’re a Morrissey fan, you’re considered depressed and suicidal I guess.
He and we may need to weather the frequent e-elbowing out of the frame a bit longer. It might get worse before it gets better. Breathe, live, eat, drink and be merry meanwhile!
We've something they'll never have :popcorn: :highfive:
They dislike Morrissey, so it gives them their reason to give him a kick, they feed off negativity these individuals. But are nowhere to be seen when it’s positive news, they simply don’t know how to deal with that.
Noteworthy compared to previous years is the absence of reviews elsewhere, from music and general press?
Let music be our fun always...

Groovy! In the pre-show video mix? :sunflower:

Last edited:
Reading this forum of people complaining about the setlist who weren't at the concert when I am about to be attending two of the concerts, it all becomes a bit much. Do your worst and I will hope for the best!

Morrissey was chatty and in fine form. Words to the effect of:
‘I don’t get the breast [laughs] … I don’t get the best press’.
‘Germaine Greer has been banished for saying a male’s a male and a female’s a female. She’s probably here, working behind the bar.’
‘The last two times I was here I was ‘hectored’ but I kind of like that.’
‘I wonder what it’s like in Rockhampton … Mackay … Cairns … Darwin.’
Yes, half an hour of videos before Morrissey came on after 9 was a bit too much in Queensland temperatures. But as soon as he came on it made you remember why you love him. Wearing the Skippy the bush kangaroo t-shirt was a nice touch. Fourth time seeing Morrissey in Brisbane. How did we all get so f•••ing old, and when did a concert t-shirt hit $60.

Reading this forum of people complaining about the setlist who weren't at the concert when I am about to be attending two of the concerts, it all becomes a bit much. Do your worst and I will hope for the best!
Rest easy; you're nearly there mate.

📸 by @jessieheath

Bris 2.jpg

Bris 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom