Is circumcision child abuse ?

anon x

If this was done under any other circumstances,other than religious practice,
wouldn't it be?

Strange man chops off a bit of boy's penis whilst family looks on.

:crazy:

:confused:

Why does "religious practice" excuse it? If it's wrong, it's wrong under any circumstance. By that logic, priests could say buggering young boys is "religious practice" and get away with it.

I agree so how come religions get away with it? :confused:

Yes.

Religion is the cause of so very many abuses.

If this was done under any other circumstances,other than religious practice,
wouldn't it be?

Strange man chops off a bit of boy's penis whilst family looks on.

:crazy:

:confused:

It was a female obstetrician who did my sons'. She wasn't strange, she's quite nice.

As for why exactly it was done... ask their dad. He was the penis authority in our family. :rolleyes:

I think it's archaic and should probably be abandoned, but if so, then so should ear piercing. It doesn't seem to hurt them for more than a moment. Both my sons were back in my arms, happy and relaxed, just minutes after having their circs. And I've never met a man who was circumsized who was unhappy about his penis. I've never spoken about it with an uncut man.

Isn't it easier to keep clean if it's circumcised?
Like, there's more a risk of some kind of infection for a male if he is uncircumcised, I believe? :blushing:

Isn't it easier to keep clean if it's circumcised?
Like, there's more a risk of some kind of infection for a male if he is uncircumcised, I believe? :blushing:

All you have to do is wash it daily. :thumb:

Edit: What Thrupenny Bits :)lbf:) said.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's child abuse but I do find it odd. I don't understand why someone would choose to remove a part of their childs anatomy unless it was for medical reasons. I don't believe it is common practice in Britain but it is in North America, is that correct ?

I don't believe it is common practice in Britain but it is in North America, is that correct ?

Seems to be.
:)

(having a foreskin,keeps the head of the penis more sensitive)

"Why Circumcision?

There is no definitive answer as to why God choose circumcision as a sign of the covenant. Some think that marking the penis in this way symbolizes the ultimate submission to God's will. According to this interpretation, the penis could be seen as a symbol of human desires and urges. "
http://judaism.about.com/od/lifeevents/a/originbritmilah.htm

What a load of old bollocks :crazy:

Physically cutting off a piece of a child?Child abuse,pure and simple.
Bad Jews(and others..) :mad:

Physically cutting off a piece of a child?Child abuse,pure and simple.
Bad Jews(and others..) :mad:

Child abuse, except is it? It doesn't hurt them, really. It doesn't really impact the functioning of the organ. There are worse things we routinely do to kids.

It's just archaic and pointless. If you don't like it, don't have it done to your sons.

Child abuse, except is it? It doesn't hurt them, really. It doesn't really impact the functioning of the organ.

But then,the same argument could be used on some sexual abuse on small kids and wouldn't stand a chance in court.

No! Of course not. You think sexual abuse doesn't hurt kids?

Undoubtedly,SOME sexual abuse (use your imagination) is less harmful than circumcision.

It's also debatable exactly how much pain/distress is caused by circumcision.
(i would think quite a lot!)

And I've never met a man who was circumsized who was unhappy about his penis. I've never spoken about it with an uncut man.

My husband HATES that he was circumsized. My mother-in-law told me they didn't even ask her. They just did it like it was a necessary thing. Insanity!

When I was pregnant with my child they at least asked me what I'd like to have done if it turned out to be a boy. I can't imagine removing a part of a person's body without there being a serious medical reason for it. They don't even use anesthesia! It's barbaric.

I disagree that it's like ear piercing. The foreskin serves a purpose. It protects the glans an keeps it moist and sensitive. Also, it's full of nerves. Putting a tiny hole in the foreskin would be more like ear piercing. Removing one's earlobe is a little closer to circumcision, except even then we don't really use our earlobe for anything very important. And earlobes don't hurt like genitals do when cut.

Tags
weiners whiners win
Back
Top Bottom