London - Troxy (July 22, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Our Frank / Without Music The World Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
No one is preventing Morrissey from expressing his feelongs, he sings this song whenever he wants and I am not really sure why people think he is being martyred.

Never heard or read anyone sayin' Moz is bein' martyred.
The guy who bombed the Manchester Arena probably
thought of himself as a martyr though.

Last edited:
What are the words and who is the face on Moz's t shirt? What's the meaning?
The face is a young Eddie Cochran.
"Crumlin Wholigan" - a reverse wording of his shirt on July 15.
As for meaning - fill your boots.
He's linked the area to family & Robbie Keane:
"his chin is my chin, my chin is his. Robbie was raised on Captains Road (as was my mother) in Crumlin (Dublin), before he was shipped out to Tallaght."
Could be a self-label or a family reference also?
Why the 'who' part..?
Probably doubt it's related to Eddie Cochran or Johnny Morrissey (t-shirts concerned), but who knows?
FWD.

Quite literally the opposite experience for me at all the Morrissey gigs I've been to, bar one. Every time I've been at the front I've witnessed fights (one of which involved my friend being punched by a man because she caught Matt Walker's drumstick), scraps, arguments etc. Happened at every one, whether it was my home town (Manchester), Leeds, Hull, London etc etc etc.

When I saw him last, at the Apollo, I just stood at the back and it was lovely and relaxed.
Some one walked out from the front with a bloodied nose last night too. A lot of pissed up people there last night.

Flat crowds, poor setlists, an extremely lackluster band, a bored looking Morrissey paddling right-wing conspiracy theories, 75 minute shows and very expensive tickets and merchandise. And ofcourse still no record deal.

So far this tour is going great.
Almost all gigs are sold out, so yes, tour is going great.

I know you are one of the Apostles who think every fart of Saint Morrissey should be released as a single. I pity you.

In case you haven’t noticed, Morrissey’s career is a total mess & his new music is subpar at best. No half arsed tour is gonna change that.
dont pity me im doing fantastic these days,always wanted to be an apostle,saint gordy has a nice ring to it.

Almost all gigs are sold out, so yes, tour is going great.

Almost all gigs are sold out, so the tour is going great? In the good old days his gigs would sell out in minutes. You had to fight to get tickets.

But now his hurling days are done…

Got a signed Viva Hate from the merch stall. Still struggling to believe I spent that much!

View attachment 93663
That's how I felt after Liverpool, I bought the same. But that album means a lot to me (at least with the correct track listing) and I've parted with signed items in the past and regretted it (the signed poster from Bona Drag reissue, signed YOR from 23rd May 2009 Manchester show). So, I fully intend to hold onto this one. I've already gotten it framed in one of those HMV record frames. A cheap and quick solution but be warned you have to remove the actual record and push the backing down HARD. Enjoy your purchase!
IMG-20230720-WA0003.jpeg

Flat crowds, poor setlists, an extremely lackluster band, a bored looking Morrissey paddling right-wing conspiracy theories, 75 minute shows and very expensive tickets and merchandise. And ofcourse still no record deal.

So far this tour is going great.
Well when you put it like that...

That's how I felt after Liverpool, I bought the same. But that album means a lot to me (at least with the correct track listing) and I've parted with signed items in the past and regretted it (the signed poster from Bona Drag reissue, signed YOR from 23rd May 2009 Manchester show). So, I fully intend to hold onto this one. I've already gotten it framed in one of those HMV record frames. A cheap and quick solution but be warned you have to remove the actual record and push the backing down HARD. Enjoy your purchase! View attachment 93666
Beautiful!

Quite literally the opposite experience for me at all the Morrissey gigs I've been to, bar one. Every time I've been at the front I've witnessed fights (one of which involved my friend being punched by a man because she caught Matt Walker's drumstick), scraps, arguments etc. Happened at every one, whether it was my home town (Manchester), Leeds, Hull, London etc etc etc.

When I saw him last, at the Apollo, I just stood at the back and it was lovely and relaxed.
That's f***ed up. My god. I must admit, it was hilarious to see grown adults try to hide below the rail (there was no barrier) so as not to get caught by security and people jumped over my seat and were right up my ass in the same row when they should've been further back. But it was pretty serene otherwise.

I also think he often emboldens people to do shit like that when he says "do whatever the hell you want" and people take it literally.

I wouldn't mind being a few rows back if I was taller but both my mum and I are 5ft 4, so I feel like it's either the barrier/front or the circle and up there it's just not the same.

There may have been more civilised people at the front purely because the tickets were about £120 each. Not sure. Maybe it was a fluke. Who knows.

Last edited:
18 songs is a bit short for the money people have paid though I think.
Yes I was surprised in the vids so many seemed to remain for so long after.

I once saw King Adora play a blistering-short set at the Camden Palace. It was brilliant but if you were still in the bog or at the bar - you missed it.

The best part of this show for me was the lyric changes on Suedehead: 'Why do you bum here? And why do you bum around?' :LOL:

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Our Frank / Without Music The World Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Back
Top Bottom