Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Isn't this what sound check is for?

Isn’t the “born and braised” shtick originally from when he introduced the band members on “Who Put The M…”
Yep it is. He introduced the band that way at that concert. I had a little chuckle to myself when he used it again tonight.

The Palais is weird venue. It looks absolutely gorgeous but it must be really easy to f*** up the sound there. I've seen a fair few bands there and the majority of them have bad sound. But having said that, I saw Sparks there as recently as last month and the sound was great. So it must really come down to having a sound team that know how to handle the place. Shame it wasn't at The Forum where he played in 2002 as the sound is the opposite there where it seems you have to work hard to f*** the sound up.

Hoping some fixes are made for tomorrow night

Had to lighten this, but FB image of inside gig:

FB_IMG_1701687956013~2.jpg

If Perth was cancelled because being promoted as nostalgia, then the nostalgic 20 yeas of You are The Quarry shows are definitely cancelled. The pure arrogance is nauseating.

If Perth was cancelled because being promoted as nostalgia, then the nostalgic 20 yeas of You are The Quarry shows are definitely cancelled. The pure arrogance is nauseating.
So is it true that M actually gave that as a reason for the cancellation? I just saw a couple of people say it on Reddit

A band I followed in the mists of time:
Now a pre-show video 😯

SSS @ Dingwalls, Camden, London March 3, 2002

"Let’s wait to see what Marianne says before we make any harsh judgements."

She had a few margaritas, so don't expect her to be that critical on Melbourne.

what will they think of next, a see-through bag that lets every mugger know exactly what you are carrying.

Obnoxious drunk woman right centre mid… yelling out f*** you and someone had to pry her fingers off.

The downside of being tough on security.

Eventually they got her and her husband out and the rest of the show went well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom