Melbourne - Palais Theater (Dec. 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / I Wish You Lonely / How Soon Is Now? / Girlfriend In A Coma / Irish Blood, English Heart / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / Let Me Kiss You / Half A Person / Speedway / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
So Morrissey is offering fans the Schrödinger concert: you buy the tickets and he may or may not show up. We never know until hours before the event

Also everyone else seems to be saying it was a great show and the sound was fine

Well, one person complaining about the venue's sound, unless they were hard of hearing, is pretty noteworthy. If you had the chance to see Nine Inch Nails in concert, your ears would be ringing for a few days after (easily). Same thing with Megadeth, Rush, etc. Those were LOUD. I've never been to a concert that wasn't 'thumping'. Some shows are louder than others though, to be fair.

Last edited:
The idiot complaining has changed his name by deed poll to 'Karen' 😆

I hope he bothers to honour the re-scheduled dates in South America in February. The gigs in Lima and Buenos Aires were sold out. The one in Bogota moved to a larger venue due to the demand for a second date. It appears the tickets to a large venue in Santiago are almost finished (this was shown before Blur's gig there last week, it says "last 300 tickets" for a venue with a 12k-16k capacity)

20231124_203710.jpg

Seems that Moz hasn't grasped the fact that if he cancels shows without any notice simply because he doesn't feel like it or doesn't like the venue, people may also stop paying good money to book tickets. If you are selling lots of albums that may not be so important, but when no label will touch you, you refuse to release any material yourself, and you are in danger of becoming your own tribute act by performing Quarry nostalgia nights, that just might be a problem.

There was definitely something not right with the sound tonight. I know that it always sounds better live but I listen to all the recordings and this didn’t sound great. Compare Melbourne to Tokyo and that was so much better. I assume it’s the venue though Moz’s voice also seemed to be struggling at times. The audience seemed lack lustre at best and sometimes just plain disrespectful. I wouldn’t have blamed Moz if he’d just walked off stage when the lights went down in Speedway!

Seems that Moz hasn't grasped the fact that if he cancels shows without any notice simply because he doesn't feel like it or doesn't like the venue, people may also stop paying good money to book tickets. If you are selling lots of albums that may not be so important, but when no label will touch you, you refuse to release any material yourself, and you are in danger of becoming your own tribute act by performing Quarry nostalgia nights, that just might be a problem.

He’s in burn it all down mode

Pics by @andrewmacdonald54

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Pic by @einrebell
15.jpg

The show went smoothly and no Morrissey was not late, he was early! Everyone had a good time, esp once the seccy backed off lol.
Does anyone have the video of sweet and tender hooligan (I jumped on stage and hugged Moz and would love to see it!)
Hope everyone had a great time too <3

(y)

So he cancelled the show in Perth eight hours before he was supposed to go on stage just because they labelled him ‘nostalgia’ on their website? F U CK OFF. What awful, entitled, infantile and selfish behavior.

Do you still believe in Santa Claus as well?

Back
Top Bottom