Morrissey and Boz Boorer are working on a new album

good news this - thanks for posting.
of course, it doesn't mean that we'll get an album full of Morrissey/Boorer songs. Boz took a key role in the Ringleader of the Tomatoes sessions but none of his songs was chosen.
Boz's purple patch seems to have been in his first few co-writes (e.g. You've Had Her, Jack the Ripper, Now my Heart, All of the rumours) but he's written a couple of decent songs more recently (Paris, Christian Dior).

good news this - thanks for posting.
of course, it doesn't mean that we'll get an album full of Morrissey/Boorer songs. Boz took a key role in the Ringleader of the Tomatoes sessions but none of his songs was chosen.
Boz's purple patch seems to have been in his first few co-writes (e.g. You've Had Her, Jack the Ripper, Now my Heart, All of the rumours) but he's written a couple of decent songs more recently (Paris, Christian Dior).

Camden

Whilst this news is somewhat welcome am I the only one who thinks Morrissey could experiment a bit and try some new co-writers? Surely someone of his stature could (and should) get some new collaboraters?

Personally I loved ROTT but found YoR one of his least inspiring canons of work

A rather confused looking Adam Ant says that Boz isn't available to go on tour with him because 'he's working with Morrissey, writing an album' could mean anything - maybe just that Boz will be supporting Moz on the Very-Bestest-Better-Than-Last-Year's-Great-tits tour

Let's not hold our breath until something more concrete comes out.

Dave

Whilst this news is somewhat welcome am I the only one who thinks Morrissey could experiment a bit and try some new co-writers? Surely someone of his stature could (and should) get some new collaboraters?

What, Jesse "One Trick Pony" Tobias wasn't good enough for you?

On a tangent, I always thought the music for Ant's "Wonderful" was very Morrissey-esque. Strangely Boz didn't write but did play on it. Sounds like he contributed more though. And even the opening "la la la la lied" recalls His Master's Voice. It's a great song I think but very much of its mid-90s timing. Close to Vauxhall's release, yes? Ant five years earlier was the embarassingly bad Rough Stuff (Ant looks great in the video but his shirts should be burned).

On a tangent, I always thought the music for Ant's "Wonderful" was very Morrissey-esque. Strangely Boz didn't write but did play on it. Sounds like he contributed more though. And even the opening "la la la la lied" recalls His Master's Voice. It's a great song I think but very much of its mid-90s timing. Close to Vauxhall's release, yes? Ant five years earlier was the embarassingly bad Rough Stuff (Ant looks great in the video but his shirts should be burned).

I thought the same thing about the song "Wonderful'.I`ve been listening to that song alot.As I just purchased the essential Adam Ant.

James Franco recently did himself up as Ant in his prime??

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/03/see_james_franco_dressed_like.html

How about a Moz 'n' Adam Ant duet? Boz could make it happen.

Anyway, glad Boz is working away if this is true. Still holding out for a Stephen Street-produced, Viva/Bona sound for the next record. Would like to hear Boz and Alain's stuff rendered that way. And a much younger, more talented guitarist brought in for live shows and writing if they're talented.

Cor, now everyone is swamping Boz on facebook trying to get him to spill the beans about a new album. Is that honestly something that people would think a veteran professional musician would do? What could he gain from that? What could ANYONE gain from it really? It's not as if the album (if there is one in the works) will be released anytime sooner if people know about it now. Just let it happen when it happens. Moz fans at one point had to wait seven years for a new studio disc. Patience. Don't harass the man.

Anyway, glad Boz is working away if this is true.
maybe someone could ask boz diectly at FB and quote adam to him? so then we know if the working on a new albunm is recent or adam refers to an earlier album or to an reissue-overwork-remixing-studiosession ?

maybe someone could ask boz diectly at FB and quote adam to him? so then we know if the working on a new albunm is recent or adam refers to an earlier album or to an reissue-overwork-remixing-studiosession ?

Well, he's just been asked if he'll be working with Morrissey in June and he said "Looks like it!"

P.

well boz refers obviously to the concert ^ as the one as well who asks him an about working with moz in june refers to as well
i mean working with moz with studiosessions

I've just seen the exchanges on FB, Boz's silence over the "new album" for me speaks volumes, I think he is/will be very soon. If he wasn't it would be easy to just say "No not at this moment in time". The fact he doesn't answer is in it's self a "Yes" IMO

well boz refers obviously to the concert ^ as the one as well who asks him an about working with moz in june refers to as well
i mean working with moz with studiosessions

He has been asked repeatedly. This is what I'm talking about. He posts a status about having a day off in Portugal and his wife flying in, and legions of Moz fans bombard him with questions about a new album based on an off quote by Adam.

I've just seen the exchanges on FB, Boz's silence over the "new album" for me speaks volumes, I think he is/will be very soon. If he wasn't it would be easy to just say "No not at this moment in time". The fact he doesn't answer is in it's self a "Yes" IMO

He HAS stated that he's not working on an album with Morrissey at this time in one of the million annoying posts from fans. "BOZ IS TRUE? WORKING WITH THE LEGENDARY MORRISSEY ON NEW ALBUM!!?!?!?!?" :head-smack: Jesus. Lyn even checked in herself and told the incessant admirers to give Boz a break. He's having a much-deserved day off today! :guitar: Let new material come about in its own time. There's no prize for hearing about it first.

Happy Martyr debuted their single today. :o I wish Morrissey fans would be more couth sometimes. :( Boz must be a very patient man.

He HAS stated that he's not working on an album with Morrissey at this time in one of the million annoying posts from fans. "BOZ IS TRUE? WORKING WITH THE LEGENDARY MORRISSEY ON NEW ALBUM!!?!?!?!?" :head-smack: Jesus. Lyn even checked in herself and told the incessant admirers to give Boz a break. He's having a much-deserved day off today! :guitar: Let new material come about in its own time. There's no prize for hearing about it first.

Totally agree, although I think he was being flipant when he said he wasn't working with Moz in Portugal, he's working with another band. I just think by him not saying "No im not working with Morrissey at all on new stuff", implies he is working on something. But yes I agree people bombarding him with questions is wrong

I think one of several reasons Boz has remained a close collaborator of Moz' over the years is that he doesn't blab about stuff prematurely and only talks behind-the-scenes stuff in sanctioned interviews. By being so accessible on Facebook etc. Boz sets himself up for a lot of (not so serious) "harrassment", but just leave Bozzy alone for now. To summarize what mcrickson said - all in good time.

To be fair, Boz is very approachable on Facebook and answered my query about the studio version of "I'm Playing Easy To Get" incredibly promptly. I'm sure he's not too fazed by people asking questions - he's a big boy now and can look after himself!

Back
Top Bottom