paris
cemetry gates
nowhere fast
teenage dad
the loop
is it really so strange
Irish blood

:D

sounds like the gig was a success! Hopefully a good sign of things to come.

I like this thread. It's even better than the BBC minute-by-minute football updates on a Saturday afternoon. All hail Caroline Cheese.

Sounds like a great night, more Tweets:

gamblerdrum: Morrissey was so good tonight, loved him, can't wait till 5th

garryinnorfolk: He didn't collapse! He was magnificent! I cried! I love you Morrissey! X x

jessfaith: So Morrissey was amazing

:guitar:

Yay! Garry and I are tweet pals - we met earlier this year on twitter when he was saying he was getting to go to a show in the UK.

Great concert, particularly enjoyed the smiths tracks he played! Cemetery Gates was my highlight :D

So glad it was a good show!!! Viva Moz!!!:)

Thank you for this lovely calming thread. I'm glad he's doing better. :)

He looked wonderful. My day shall come to meet the lovely gent, I have been horribly ill when he played AUS each time. *sigh*

Love never fails.

I'm so jealous orm, I'm glad you had a good night. Are you tempted to come to Liverpool?:D
Morrissey looked really good in the photo on this thread.:horny:
Did he look well to you?

i am definitely tempted but i don't think my bank will stretch that far although you never know. He looked good to me, i was at the barrier on the far right, well actually there was no barrier there, nearly got a handshake a few times but kept getting pushed back by the big steward in front of me. What surprised me the most was how good he sounded, after reading a few people say he was a bit ropey at birmingham i didn't know what to expect but i thought he was amazing last night especially when u consider all the stuff that went on over the weekend. You're going to have a great time on friday if he's on the same form he was last night.

Really great gig, and I think that he enjoyed it too. Crowd was a bit dull at times, but everyone around us on the left seemed to be having fun (notice how all the drunks appear at the sides as soon as the gig starts, especially when the doors from the bar are right there?). Sound was good and the view was perfect (the barrier and stage were very small, maybe 30 people fit in front, max). Just got home on the sleeper train, couldn't swing a mouse, now bed. See you tomorrow.:thumb:

Crap gig. Moz getting increasingly grumpy. Band were very good. Crowd were f***ing awful. How anyone thinks that was more than 5 out of 10 needs a lobotomy. 'the North Will Rise Again' anyone? Lets hope so as these dates are whats needed. Last time I see Moz in London. Incidentally the comment about not buying the new LP was 'we've got it. All. Already.' hence the riposte. I should know. Still I bought the scarf...

I must need a lobotomy then bluebirds ;)

thought he was on fine form last night, and we must have been lucky to be stood where the crowd were jumping up and down lots :D good fun, apart from one bloke who elbowed me everytime I got shoved by the blokes having fun next to me. if that was you, I'd suggest you get seated tickets next time :p

funnily enough, he didn't start on them when they moved next to him, coward :D

watching the scrum for the shirt at the end was fun too :D

I thought the show was pretty good, but he is still not 100%

He looked like he was struggling with the encore.

Ill give you my honest opinion when i'm back on a pc. All you fanboys and girls have not even mentioned important details... Are you an ok guitarist?

I'm obviously in a minority of one. Why were songs cut short? Why the barbed Ally Pally comments? Why were the Smiths tunes noticably more energetic? Why Don't You Find Out For YourSelf? With your f***ING career? Did I Imagine these things?

i am definitely tempted but i don't think my bank will stretch that far although you never know. He looked good to me, i was at the barrier on the far right, well actually there was no barrier there, nearly got a handshake a few times but kept getting pushed back by the big steward in front of me. What surprised me the most was how good he sounded, after reading a few people say he was a bit ropey at birmingham i didn't know what to expect but i thought he was amazing last night especially when u consider all the stuff that went on over the weekend. You're going to have a great time on friday if he's on the same form he was last night.

now I'm very excited.
no barrier!!!

I'm obviously in a minority of one. Why were songs cut short? Why the barbed Ally Pally comments? Why were the Smiths tunes noticably more energetic? Why Don't You Find Out For YourSelf? With your f***ING career? Did I Imagine these things?

You didn't imagine the 'F***ing career' lyric, I was a bit surprised at this - any hidden meaning in there? as for the songs being cut short I didn't notice anything to be honest. I thought the most energetic song of the night was 'Irish Blood...' the best I've ever heard it.

I thought last night was very dull.

The last time I saw Morrissey was at Castile du Soleil in Fuengirola 5 or 6 years ago, the two gigs couldn't be more different.

He's just going through the motions nowadays, all the passion has gone and I found the whole experience quite boring to be honest.
He just about does the minimum to get away with a "performance".

The man has been an absolute legend to me since I was 16 (now 44) but those feelings are now on a serious decline.

I go to a gig at least once or twice a week, I can only assume people on here raving about last night only go out once a year, or are totally deluded and obsessed with an aging crooner who should pack it in.

I'm not a fan of the Royal Albert Hall either and think it's a very poor venue for atmosphere.

I'm just grateful that the tickets were a present, and I didn't have to pay for such a dull evening.

Last edited:
Little fellas sums it up. I too go to quite a few gigs and I have seen the specials, the fall, john cooper clarke, the foals, klaxons, grace jones, easy dub allstars and moz himself in 'great' gigs this year. Last night was not a great gig. It wasnt even good

Tags
hope he's ok moistissey no good dead
Back
Top Bottom