What would you prefer Morrissey to do next?

What would you prefer Morrissey to do next?

• Total voters
On the other hand a reworking of a famous song might produce a radio-friendly track and give him attention from other circles.

i dont know where you live or how old and out of touch you are but what radio. radios dead as network tv. if he wanted to make a "radio friendly song" to get attention hed collaborate with ryan adams whos a giant fan etc or get a known producer to co write some electro pop song but he doesnt because as much as he likes chart positions its not his top priority. you sound like popul;ar success is the only way you will accept that anything is worthwhile. also its funny you mention novels after your praising of fight club which was only so so it quality. good idea, relevant topic, so so execution

i dont know where you live or how old and out of touch you are but what radio. radios dead as network tv. if he wanted to make a "radio friendly song" to get attention hed collaborate with ryan adams whos a giant fan etc or get a known producer to co write some electro pop song but he doesnt because as much as he likes chart positions its not his top priority. you sound like popul;ar success is the only way you will accept that anything is worthwhile. also its funny you mention novels after your praising of fight club which was only so so it quality. good idea, relevant topic, so so execution

Fight Club is OK. I just found the link to Morrissey's song "Lost" rather intriguing. I was required to read the book for a class.

Yes I know the radio isn't going to play Morrissey. But covers create bridges and at this point the only way he has a shot at a hit is to make connections and get in with a certain crowd. I'm not advocating that because obviously the radio is not where anyone serious about music listens to music. But if mainstream attention is desired, Morrissey will have to either play the Smiths card, the nostalgia card (yeah that won't get him on the pop stations but it's a step to open him up to different fanbases and great covers inevitably gain traction), or the collab-with-hip-airhead card.

i dont think hed do a covers album because whatd be the point. theyre very boring and usually just contract fillers but hes already done live covers of elvis and lou reed so i doubt itd be about hwat they sold. it just seems like a pointless endeavor. also of course no great novel has ever been produced by anyone outside of university. thats like crazy talk
They can be boring, but Martin Gore's first one was great. When it's done by a performer or song stylist it really depends on whether you are a fan of the person, and what sort of effort they put into it, but when it's done by a songwriter like Morrissey it's interesting to see the influences and sometimes provides insight into their own work.

They can be boring, but Martin Gore's first one was great. When it's done by a performer or song stylist it really depends on whether you are a fan of the person, and what sort of effort they put into it, but when it's done by a songwriter like Morrissey it's interesting to see the influences and sometimes provides insight into their own work.

They're fine honestly but I just see them as novelty or something fun to do as a toss off which can have its place but to do one for attention as I think was suggested is just desperate or worse like I mentioned contract fulfillers. They're better off as besides to be compiled later. Moz might not get the sales he somewhat wants but I dont think hes really chasing that at the expense of his artistic expression or even his own personal message. If so he'd stop talking about the royals animal rights poverty government and hide professional producer hit makers. It's not like he couldn't if he wanted to or hasn't been suggested this. Why do you so desperately want him to have some hot that you'd have him do anything to get it. He's a man of fifty years who had his last album go number two in his home country and top ten in spots around the world with his autobiography celebrated everywhere on one of the most respected publishing companies ever. The mans fine even if it's not everything he or you could dream of. You seem desperate for him to have some chart hit. More so than the man himself for all the grief he gets for mentioning the charts. Sorry just realized that I was talking to you CL but answered d17 in the second part. I'm crap at typing on this phone and my hands are currently covered in dried glue or I'd correct it. My bad

They're fine honestly but I just see them as novelty or something fun to do as a toss off which can have its place but to do one for attention as I think was suggested is just desperate or worse like I mentioned contract fulfillers. They're better off as besides to be compiled later. Moz might not get the sales he somewhat wants but I dont think hes really chasing that at the expense of his artistic expression or even his own personal message. If so he'd stop talking about the royals animal rights poverty government and hide professional producer hit makers. It's not like he couldn't if he wanted to or hasn't been suggested this. Why do you so desperately want him to have some hot that you'd have him do anything to get it. He's a man of fifty years who had his last album go number two in his home country and top ten in spots around the world with his autobiography celebrated everywhere on one of the most respected publishing companies ever. The mans fine even if it's not everything he or you could dream of. You seem desperate for him to have some chart hit. More so than the man himself for all the grief he gets for mentioning the charts. Sorry just realized that I was talking to you CL but answered d17 in the second part. I'm crap at typing on this phone and my hands are currently covered in dried glue or I'd correct it. My bad

I was confused. :D

I was confused. :D

its understandable there. currently trying to tediously peel said glue off of said hands while getting u every three seconds to right my six month old as he face plants while crawling. sigh, i hope this phase passes quickly but what im saying is that it all adds to the distraction

Back
Top Bottom