What's the big deal with "Not Your Birthday"?

I have to laugh at the snobbery, so many insecurities about that people will hear a song and automatically wright it off and compare it to music they're not supposed to like for the sake of turning their noses up just that little bit more.

Pffft, some of you are no better than the bleeting masses.

blah blah blah :nopity:

Everyone loves this song. I think it is the worst song on the album.

I skip it the most and that includes Grow Up and All You Need which are dated.

Is the part about "the love right here right now on the floor" about rape?

"All of the gifts that they gave can't compare in any way
To the love I am now giving to you
Right here, right now on the floor"

Or is this him saying he loves the person but the other's don't? If so, then why does he say:

"Did you really think we meant
All those syrupy, sentimental things
That we said?"

Wouldn't that also be a they if the song was the difference between him and them?

The music is just not that good either. Alain's masterpiece is Pigsty. This song isn't even close to that.

So what's so special about this song?

i LOVE this song HUUUGELY!! I didnt know it was generaly quite a popular song between us all. When i like a song before knowing lots of others do too this gives me an enourmous sense of being right! haha :lbf: ..

anyway, i feel that it reminds me a little bit of 'Now my heart is full' ... it gives me a similar feeling as i listen to it.

I have to laugh at the snobbery, so many insecurities about that people will hear a song and automatically wright it off and compare it to music they're not supposed to like for the sake of turning their noses up just that little bit more.

Pffft, some of you are no better than the bleeting masses.

CLAP CLAP CLAP! I happen to agree. Ahhh. The beauty of oppinions :) x

Yeah, at first I didn't get why people were all getting wet over the song, but after a few listens now I think its OKAY. Nothing too special though, serious. Not a masterpiece. Just okay.

Just okay? **** me! some of you people are hard to please.

It's Morrissey-solo .. people here are about as easily pleased as an armless baboon with a broken sex toy! I think this song deserves MUCH more than an OK myself. jus ma oppinion.

hey bagface :) Yup, exactly indeed. Its nice to see so many varied responses. There seems to be equal amount of people who like and dislike the song. Refreshing:thumb:

soapbox

I am a very devoted, long time fan. I am not hard to please. But I also do not worship everything Morrissey does, just because he did it. It is possible for him to write a song I don't like as much as others. Been happenin' since Kill Uncle (I will never like Asian Rut).

All that the people in this thread said is they don't understand why people like it so much while they don't. Morrissey could record 3 minutes of making fart noises with his armpit and some of you would find it flawless and fabulous, because it's Morrissey.

Just because we don't all love this song doesn't make us hard to please.

/soapbox

dom-haha i've just noticed your sig and the line under your avatar...are you going for some sort of theme?

soapbox

I am a very devoted, long time fan. I am not hard to please. But I also do not worship everything Morrissey does, just because he did it. It is possible for him to write a song I don't like as much as others. Been happenin' since Kill Uncle (I will never like Asian Rut).

All that the people in this thread said is they don't understand why people like it so much while they don't. Morrissey could record 3 minutes of making fart noises with his armpit and some of you would find it flawless and fabulous, because it's Morrissey.

Just because we don't all love this song doesn't make us hard to please.

/soapbox

LOL... woooo! claps and stuff. im weeping and everyting! That was awseome. trust you alma! .. You're definately not an armless baboon! You are right though .. some of us love what he does no matter what.

dom-haha i've just noticed your sig and the line under your avatar...are you going for some sort of theme?

LOL! no no, funnily enough i put that up just before the dreaded cancellations last year!! talk about omens!! lol :guitar: ... :squiffy: ... :sick: ...:horny:

LOL! no no, funnily enough i put that up just before the dreaded cancellations last year!! talk about omens!! lol :guitar: ... :squiffy: ... :sick: ...:horny:

change them! change them! replace them with his healthiest lyrics before the next tour haha

However, ive just rememberd .. i put "That's how people THROW up" at a time when i really didnt like the song .. but it's just literally come on now on my player and im liking it .. like a lovable snug song in my arms :)

Tags
gonna get imaghost=legend raped
Back
Top Bottom