Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unsure. But you can research for yourself. I found this in about two seconds....Wikipedia is sometimes reliable, sometimes not, but the sources it links to can provide one with clarity, leads, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Eve_sexual_assaults_in_Germany
Yes, those incidents are horrendous, but do you honestly think that immigration is the main cause of rape? Donald Trump kicked off his campaign by stating that Mexican immigrants are rapists. I am beginning to think that if it wasn't for the Trump-brand steaks and his kids love for big-game hunting that Moz would be saying things in support of The Donald by now...

I think the journalist has been "clever" and Morrissey has been "stupid".
The interview in which he mentions K. Spacey is, at least, very bizarre... the questions that they asked him are weird, but the journalist saw that he was replying to everything and asked him about the most controversial subjects possible.

Morrissey should have said: "Why the hell are you asking me about these issues?".

I have nothing interesting to say about K. Spacey... I doubt that Shirley Manson has something interesting to say either.... and Morrissey didn't say something interesting either.

I am surprised that they didn't ask him to analyze the political situation of Zimbawe.

This is not a "gotcha" situation. The interviewer didn't make Morrissey say what he said. It wasn't one comment either. Morrissey clearly sides with the accused over the accusers in these incidents. Disgusting...

I'm not sure anyone is going to say "Hey, let's go get that new album by the guy who defended Spacey and Weinstein". I suppose you could think that any press is good press, but I'm not sure that's going to prove true of a record release these days. All of this being too bad I think. He's making provocative and interesting songs in an age where "more of the same" seems to be more common. Unfortunately, as usual, he can't seem to get out of his own way.
Apart from the M-solo contingent, it would appear that people are fleeing like rats from a sinking ship. At least the scalpers won't try to sell his tickets for him anymore and the good seats will be easier to come by. If he doesn't end up in 750-1000 capacity rock clubs again, or self destructing entirely.

Couldn't the same be said of Morrissey?

you wouldn't say that if you heard the new album LIHS, it's pretty amazing, to say the least.

Moz should know better. You can't say anything these days without people and News media picking the bits they like and ignoring anything that might help explain the context. One dimensional crotch-scratching cantankerous-skanks. Is Shirley the daughter of Charles Manson? Sounds like it.

The problem we have in the current world at the moment (apart from the press printing only what they want to) is, people are not considering everything that has been said before they make a judgement. And then unfortunately commenting publicly.
Thick c***z like the morons who gave 'Low In High School' one star review on Amazon because the package it came in was slightly torn. I don't think that level of brain damage can be rectified.

Morrissey’s comments on this matter could not be clearer. He abhors any form of sexual violence or assault. However, he notes that people do have personal responsibility. If S. Manson, or indeed anyone else, claims that people that meet with e.g. film/record producers in hotels bedrooms have no responsibility to question such locations then I would refer to them as foolish. If these people agree to meet in such questionable places do they not understand that there may be risks? I do not condone any non-consensual sexual act and I believe that’s what Morrissey said in his interview.

- it was.

Morrissey’s alleged support for Mssrs. Spacey and Weinstein was not apparent to me. I read that these men should receive judicial scrutiny not scrutiny by the media. My understanding of the article was that both men were being scapegoated. Which, of course, they are. Anyone who cannot see that is, to my mind, blind. They served merely as a distraction to all of the other dreadful news that was occurring during that period and will be trotted out when a distraction is next required. Yes! These are the only 2 alleged sexual predators in the world? Whether guilty or not both men have been tried by media. Both men worked within an industry were sexual encounters such as those described were the norm. It doesn’t make the actions of the men lawful or morally right but it did make them acceptable, not only by their peers, but by society at large.

- surely EVERYONE (everywhere) is guilty until they are proven innocent ? That seems to be the procedure currently and it's such a very sad state of affairs. Especially when it involves YOU (or someone that YOU know.)

No-one, no matter who they are, should be named in the media or anywhere else until such times as they are proven guilty. To do otherwise exemplifies just how broken the judicial system is.

- Here in the UK they have been trying to implement this law for years. And it's still
not in place for any crime. Basically because the media do not like it.

A 14 year old's parents should definately be with a 14 year old at ALL times - until they get to age 16 in the UK. And that point was clearly mentioned and clearly stated.

In France, the legal age of consent could be reduced to 13 based on discussions currently ongoing now (strangely enough)

Hazard
x

My understanding of the article was that both men were being scapegoated. Which, of course, they are. Anyone who cannot see that is, to my mind, blind. They served merely as a distraction to all of the other dreadful news that was occurring during that period and will be trotted out when a distraction is next required. Yes! These are the only 2 alleged sexual predators in the world? Whether guilty or not both men have been tried by media. Both men worked within an industry were sexual encounters such as those described were the norm.

Scapegoat: To blame for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency.

Whose wrongdoings were Weinstein and Spacey being blamed for? Weinstein has been one of the most powerful men in Hollywood for years. Dozens of victims have come forward with consistent and compelling stories. Spacey's victims are also numerous and credible, and he has been one of the top actors in Hollywood for years. While their behavior was sadly not completely unique, they seem to be two of the most egregious perpetrators in the industry. Why are you and Moz defending them? There is no conspiracy here. The victims are not the oppressors. They finally have the courage to call out their abusers, and the press is doing their job by reporting on it. No one is being scapegoated.

I really don't know what everyone is getting so het up about. Morrissey made it pretty clear, within this whole Hollywood sex scandal firestorm there are going to be some accusers that are being very truthful and there are going to be some that will use the current climate to settle some scores (ie. they will lie or exaggerate the level of 'abuse' they suffered.)

Take Jeremy Piven, to be honest I was not surprised when his name got dragged into it, but then (as this was much to my surprise) he just went out and passed a lie detector to denying all claims of harassment. I understand lie detector test can be beaten, but to me that is a pretty ballsy thing to do if he really were guilty of assault.

The other issue, as Ben Shapiro brought up on one of his recent podcasts, is that when it comes to 'assault' we have a moving target as to what is actually the definition of assault. Is sexual assault when someone grabs you by the butt or the balls/pussy?

Well in that case I guess I better hashtag #metoo as that has happened to me from members of both sexes (although not simultaneously.) From my own personal experience I'll put that down as an unwanted advance and something that a simple 'piss off' couldn't rectify (except one time when I turned around and she was very cute which led to a 'how you doin?') And even then with that example you can create an interesting argument. If someone who you don't find attractive pinches your arse is that assault? But if someone pinches your arse and you turn around and see that they are really hot is that too assault or are you willing to give that a pass?

As I say the issue is problematic in that what amounts to what one considers assault is entirely subjective. From what I read about the Anthony Rapp situation, for me personally that didn't amount to assault as more incredibly bad judgment from Spacey (plus the lurking suspicion he may be a peadophile.) The other underage account, the anonymous one where Spacey forced himself on the kid, that sounded far more problematic to me, however Morrissey didn't comment on that specific encounter so I can't say as to what he may or may not have thought about that one.

Having read the interview a few times I also don't understand the whole 'he is siding with Harvey Weinstein' angle. No he's not. What he is stating is that in many cases there will be some actresses who made some bad decisions who will use the current climate to rewrite their narrative. If anyone doesn't think that won't happen they are nuts. And then of course there are also the very real victims who did get raped and have suffered in silence. It is them that my heart truly goes out.

The whole situation is f***ed up.

On a side note, I am amazed at the amount of accusers who say they were at a party and they either 'fell asleep' on the sofa to awaken and everyone else had gone home or that they didn't feel comfortable with the situation so they went to lie down in the bedroom only to awaken and find everyone else had gone home. I don't know about you, but if I feel unsafe somewhere the very last thing I would do is go and lie down and fall asleep in a stranger's bedroom. I guess it's called Hollyweird for a reason.

Last edited:
Left wing loons don't recognize the concept of innocent before being proven guilty.
they are always harping about fascism and they are the closest thing to it, with their
gestapo tactics.:rolleyes:

but who in FCK is Shirley Manson?

Another tempest in a small glass of water especially Morrissey clearly said further his view about rape; so ms Shirley Monsoon should have thought twice before typing. Then, his comment about Berlin, & what happened on the new year eve in the city with a few migrants, is offensive as one can't make generalities about a group of people.

Another tempest in a small glass of water especially Morrissey clearly said further his view about rape; so ms Shirley Monsoon should have thought twice before typing. Then, his comment about Berlin, & what happened on the new year eve in the city with a few migrants, is offensive as one can't make generalities about a group of people.
Wait, Shirley Manson should have thought twice before typing, but Morrissey is free to blurt out whatever random idiotic thought that floats into his head?! Shirley Manson has offended no one accept some very thick-headed and thin-skinned Morrissey fans. Morrissey, on the other hand, has added insult to the real injury of the victims...

Wait, Shirley Manson should have thought twice before typing, but Morrissey is free to blurt out whatever random idiotic thought that floats into his head?! Shirley Manson has offended no one accept some very thick-headed and thin-skinned Morrissey fans. Morrissey, on the other hand, has added insult to the real injury of the victims...

Bit rich from Shirley, considering she and Rubbish played rock n roll to the Scottish Parliament. Money changes everything, doesn't it Shirley. The point that Morrissey was attempting to make is that since these mass allegations have gone public, he is replying in a very public kind of way. Why who knows? But he is! Maybe they are true, maybe it's simply Borderline women making up stories.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom