why does moz treat his fans like shite ? - discuss (or blindly defend)

I think Morrissey fans are the only fans that take a concert cancellation verrrry personally.

Yet, when he's back on stage and is his glorious self, all is forgotten.

I tend to agree with you. It's like the forum is experiencing a major case of PMS with the tour cancellations.

I just wish he would call it a day.
In my opinion, his legacy is being diluted as every year passes. He is just a completely different person/artist to what he once was... I see similarities with Morrissey and Sinatra.
We have the memories and the immortal back catalogue - but it's all just a little embarrasing now. :confused:

I agree. He should stop now, before it's too late...oh no, he already gave us quarry, tormentors and refusal.

Vauxhall999
he is suffering from a strained voice ...

I havn't heard this before.:confused:

If so it may be from shouting over the noise of the band.
Might we conclude it is a recurrent problem on this tour?

I understand people's disappointment, and wish Morrissey a speedy recovery. Many of us, when ill with a cold, say "at least I got a day off work" to console ourselves, but I would hazard a guess that Morrissey is unhappy he could not do the cancelled gigs too.

I'm not the sort to defend anyone blindly, but the benefit of the doubt could be applied here.

Better communication from management and venues would have helped with previous cancellations. Less anger, condemantion and abandonment. I hope the anxious audience is given timely information from now on...

God bless u!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: quarry was good! but i agree with u!

i'm gonna give you my opinion on this...
i don't think he's sick, i do think he's bored.
no new b-sides, stupid promos and no changes on the set lists, hardly singing...just mumbling complete different lyrics...that says a lot.
i don't like quarry nor tormentos but i think refusal is ok. bottom line, maladjusted should have been his swan song.

hmmm

i'm gonna give you my opinion on this...
i don't think he's sick, i do think he's bored.
no new b-sides, stupid promos and no changes on the set lists, hardly singing...just mumbling complete different lyrics...that says a lot.
i don't like quarry nor tormentos but i think refusal is ok. bottom line, maladjusted should have been his swan song.

:crazy:

Morrissey kept touring after he didn't find a new recording contract.
I'm really pleased he didn't give up.

He doesn't give up easily, manages to get what he wants which is inspiring.

How long since YOR was recorded? Have any new songs been written since then, and if so are they saving some of them up for Manchester? :)

How long since YOR was recorded? Have any new songs been written since then, and if so are they saving some of them up for Manchester? :)

No, I don't think he's got any new songs, but you know what "real" fans are saying...."Haven't you heard? Jerry Finn died, that's why he didn't record any new stuff"
Oh...the last producer on earth!

Re: hmmm

:crazy:

Morrissey kept touring after he didn't find a new recording contract.
I'm really pleased he didn't give up.

He doesn't give up easily, manages to get what he wants which is inspiring.

Inspiring? He can do whatever he wants because he is who he is now.
There was plenty of labels interested in singning him in the early 00's he had the option to choose.
Inspiring for me was when he got his arse out of his bedroom and started the Smiths.

Inspiring? He can do whatever he wants because he is who he is now.
There was plenty of labels interested in singning him in the early 00's he had the option to choose.
Inspiring for me was when he got his arse out of his bedroom and started the Smiths.

You should learn to use multi quote function.

Yeah, it's his fault not accepting what was on the table, but he doesn't have be a sell out.

You should learn to use multi quote function.
Yawn, boring woman.

Yeah, it's his fault not accepting what was on the table, but he doesn't have be a sell out.

What does that even mean? To quote Mick Jones "Sell-out? Yeah, we sell out concerts"...I'm assuming you just finished googling to see who Mick Jones is...bless your rotten heart.

Last edited:

Bloody hell, he's ill, if you dont like it then dont buy tickets for the next tour!! Also it isnt Morrisseys fault if YOU decide to spend vast amounts of money on travel and hotels, its YOUR fault. I was there at the roundhouse on the friday and had tickets for the saturday, spent loads on travel/hotel, but i didnt start calling for his head, these things happen and cant be helped. i then watched him in Doncaster and sunderland the following week and he was brilliant!! so letting his voice rest is the best thing.
Get well Moz and if you do read these negative comments then ignore them cause there are plenty here who understand

Bloody hell, he's ill, if you dont like it then dont buy tickets for the next tour!! Also it isnt Morrisseys fault if YOU decide to spend vast amounts of money on travel and hotels, its YOUR fault. I was there at the roundhouse on the friday and had tickets for the saturday, spent loads on travel/hotel, but i didnt start calling for his head, these things happen and cant be helped. i then watched him in Doncaster and sunderland the following week and he was brilliant!! so letting his voice rest is the best thing.
Get well Moz and if you do read these negative comments then ignore them cause there are plenty here who understand

Well said, my stickered friend:thumb:

"blindly defend" don't talk bollocks.

If he's ill, he's ill. You'll get your money back get on with your life.

indeed ... i'm sure there are worse things in life that are a bigger deal and affect your life more , cancer for example

I just wish he would call it a day.
In my opinion, his legacy is being diluted as every year passes. He is just a completely different person/artist to what he once was... I see similarities with Morrissey and Sinatra.
We have the memories and the immortal back catalogue - but it's all just a little embarrasing now. :confused:

i think morrissey has improved with age , for example i prefer years of refusal to kill uncle

I think Morrissey fans are the only fans that take a concert cancellation verrrry personally.

i dont think that is true , im sure meatloaf fans are just as passionate :lbf:

too right ... and i bet you had fun in london too

too right ... and i bet you had fun in london too

Not really, i know this sounds stupid but we couldnt think of anything to do as there were no other gigs we fancied on, so we ended up goin the off license and getting some beer and sweets and going back to hotel to watch t.v and match of the day

Sycophantic slags of the world unite ! he is f***in laughin at us all and he is beyond forgiveness - and i was not even going to the rah gig !

cancelled shows happen... especially when they are sold out i have to believe he's sick..

if you want to criticize.. go for the more relevant... b-sides for skull were online long before the single came out.

Spot on. I was just as disappointed as everyone else to be staying at home last night and I might have even said some rash things, but we all know he doesn't mean to upset his fans.

Seriously, don't join a Morrissey forum...

I'm not sure why everyone is taking northernleech so seriously. The thread is pure flamebait. Meant to cause dissonance -- its why he posted it on a Morrissey forum. Clearly his opinion doesn't matter.

And to the user who posted the question of new Moz songs, we actually ARE aware of new unreleased material; several new titles are posted on the Warner-Chapelle music publishing site, including "Teresa, Teresa," "I'm Looking Forward to Going Back," "Action Man," "I Was A Bully, Do Not Forget Me," and a few others I believe. A lot of us are under the assumption that they are B-sides for any future YoR singles, but none of us knows for sure. We know that visuals have been procured for a new YoR single, but likewise, none of us know if this will actually happen for sure either, after the poor response to SISMS.

Re: songs listed in Warner Chappelle

I'm not sure why everyone is taking northernleech so seriously. The thread is pure flamebait. Meant to cause dissonance -- its why he posted it on a Morrissey forum. Clearly his opinion doesn't matter.

And to the user who posted the question of new Moz songs, we actually ARE aware of new unreleased material; several new titles are posted on the Warner-Chapelle music publishing site, including "Teresa, Teresa," "I'm Looking Forward to Going Back," "Action Man," "I Was A Bully, Do Not Forget Me," and a few others I believe. A lot of us are under the assumption that they are B-sides for any future YoR singles, but none of us knows for sure. We know that visuals have been procured for a new YoR single, but likewise, none of us know if this will actually happen for sure either, after the poor response to SISMS.

Apparently according to Boz Action Man etc are recorded during ROTT sessions.
Morrissey now signed to Polydor, not the same record company released Quarry and Ringleader.

Tags
mozflu reelcool street dundruff
Back
Top Bottom