The Smiths official Twitter account is now live

I've been saying for years it's the logical conclusion and the only thing that can happen. Lots of others disagreed.

Still do. It will never happen. I think it's likely that they see Morrissey pissing away his legacy and by extension the value of their property, the back catalog. This is designed to counter that with some social media presence that they can control and that won't include links to any videos about the Queen being an alien lizard.

You've being saying "its going to happen" usually in the next five minutes for years and years and also that it is "the only thing that can happen", each time you open your trap something else happens instead such as a solo tour or album. It isn't that others "disagree" so much as you have been proved consistently wrong over and over and over again about this.

proven*

Will be interesting if the record company manage to release some stuff such as the Troy Tate recordings in perfect quality.

I've been saying for years it's the logical conclusion and the only thing that can happen. Lots of others disagreed.

Yes we know, and no it won't.

- - - Updated - - -

And a website, too: http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/ (mentioned on the Twitter page).

Something about "The Interactive Sound of The Smiths (1982-1987)". Going to have a look now...

The Interactive sound of the smiths? Um, put on album, press play...? Something like that maybe...

Oh, I totally agree. "It just wasn't like...the old days anymore". But I won't care. The occasion will be enough.

To reunite the Smiths is like getting back together with your ex. NOT a good idea.

Elaborating on a comment I made years ago about a potential Smiths reunion...

Imagine your beloved mother were harassed by goons looking to collect money, putting her through considerable emotional turmoil. The person behind the action is a former co-worker. Would you work with them again? How would you explain that to your mum? Now imagine that person is Morrissey, with all his vitriol and lifelong grudges. He even wrote a song about it ("Mama...")

I can't see Morrissey ever sharing a stage with Mike Joyce again. But I can see Moz agreeing to reform with Johnny and Andy, with the ultimate twist of the knife being to leave Mike out. Drums? Not sure. Morrissey would probably demand Boz remain as "captain of the ship" (The Smiths recruited Gannon in later years, so an additional member is not an impossibility).

Hmm...

Good thinking King Leer . I could go for 3 out of 4 . With all that Moz has said over the years about Mike Joyce, I believe Morrissey would rather choke to death that swallow this words (and pride).

hopes they get back together and do some of the Moz classics like 'first of the gang' & 'Paris', hope Johnny doesn't f*** them up with his jingle jangle Yardbirds shtick!

'them was rotten days'

;)

Sorry Johnny, but you can't bring your Rickenbacker.

Elaborating on a comment I made years ago about a potential Smiths reunion...

Imagine your beloved mother were harassed by goons looking to collect money, putting her through considerable emotional turmoil. The person behind the action is a former co-worker. Would you work with them again? How would you explain that to your mum? Now imagine that person is Morrissey, with all his vitriol and lifelong grudges. He even wrote a song about it ("Mama...")

I can't see Morrissey ever sharing a stage with Mike Joyce again. But I can see Moz agreeing to reform with Johnny and Andy, with the ultimate twist of the knife being to leave Mike out. Drums? Not sure. Morrissey would probably demand Boz remain as "captain of the ship" (The Smiths recruited Gannon in later years, so an additional member is not an impossibility).

Hmm...

Money changes everything.

Can't help but feel people are putting 2 and 2 together to make 5...

Yes, Morrissey and Johnny Marr could make a huge amount of money by performing together again but for Morrissey there are easier ways that would require less of a climbdown. If he were desperate for money then announcing a 30th anniversary of 'The Queen is Dead' tour would make him a stack of cash without having to work with anyone or to compromise.

Skinny is right. Years ago Morrissey was the business, but now the reunion can be the great business and the power of that is out of our mind. Where are the dates of the forthcoming Morrissey's tour? Something is moving on, we just have to wait for it.

I fear it is just a publicity thing by Warner UK concerning the new release of a best-best-best-of or so. But of course I also would directly stay in line to see Morrissey and Marr play music together but I don't think that will ever happen.

Last edited:
Well, they have been offered millions before.
I know times are tougher for Morrissey now on all fronts, but I just can't fathom him taking a group photo with Mike Joyce in the same frame.
But if it turns out that all four members stand on a stage again, it would be epic in any case.

I wonder if Morrissey would acquiesce and play Smiths songs he vowed to never air again...

This story was mentioned on the BBC 6 Music breakfast show this morning.

They came to the conclusion that the account was only created by Warner simply to pre-empt anyone else from doing so.

The Smiths to headline Coachella 2017, I'm calling it.

The other three would do it (there was even a comment from Johnny years ago where he said yes they had been offered millions and he's not rich enough to turn that kind of money down) so it's just a case of Morrissey, and let's face it he seems fairly washed up at this point. I really could see it happening, more so than at any time since I've been following Morrissey (1999).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom